The Boys on Amazon Prime

DaEagles4Life

Amazon ordered a The Boys spin off. I’m not familiar with the comics so don’t know if this is new or there is some sort of source material 

7 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Amazon ordered a The Boys spin off. I’m not familiar with the comics so don’t know if this is new or there is some sort of source material 

The boys is awesome so I'm hopeful for this but it doesn't sound like it's got a plot I'd be interested in 

OK, now I see why they said the reviews of S2 have it topping S1.  Last few episodes are just tearing it up.

On 9/27/2020 at 7:24 PM, DaEagles4Life said:

This show gets crazier. 

Sooooooo white power? Haha 

I like shows that bring in current topics. Stormfront represents well, I'll save it for CVON, but you get it. 

• Like 1

What a wild ending to S2E7.  I haven't read the comics/graphic novels so don't know how true to the source material the show is nor do I know what's coming next.  I can only speculate, but this is some fun crazy ish right here.

I just got put onto this show a few weeks ago, and it’s one of the wildest shows I’ve seen. Pure entertainment. I haven’t been so captivated by a show since GOT honestly. That scene with Homelander & the protester had me in shock. 

but today’s episode. WOW. That was a crazy ride & the ending was.....mind blowing 

3 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

What a wild ending to S2E7.  I haven't read the comics/graphic novels so don't know how true to the source material the show is nor do I know what's coming next.  I can only speculate, but this is some fun crazy ish right here.

I haven’t read the source material either but i did spend time reading basically summaries of what happens on a wiki page. It seems like the show is starting to stray from it a bit.

3 minutes ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I just got put onto this show a few weeks ago, and it’s one of the wildest shows I’ve seen. Pure entertainment. I haven’t been so captivated by a show since GOT honestly. That scene with Homelander & the protester had me in shock. 

but today’s episode. WOW. That was a crazy ride & the ending was.....mind blowing 

1 minute ago, Dwide Schrude said:

I haven’t read the source material either but i did spend time reading basically summaries of what happens on a wiki page. It seems like the show is starting to stray from it a bit.

I see what you did there.

I'd rather not know so I won't be checking on the source material.  Sure, I've read books, etc. first and then saw the film/show and it is interesting to see if the take by the film/show is anything like the source, but when they get it wrong it's really disappointing.  And since I started with this show I can only go forward with the show.  I look forward to these episodes.  They are wildly entertaining.

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I see what you did there.

I'd rather not know so I won't be checking on the source material.  Sure, I've read books, etc. first and then saw the film/show and it is interesting to see if the take by the film/show is anything like the source, but when they get it wrong it's really disappointing.  And since I started with this show I can only go forward with the show.  I look forward to these episodes.  They are wildly entertaining.

I mainly started researching it because there were things/names they kept referencing in the show that I didn’t know much about, and wanted to better understand the story. I also was trying to see which supe in The Boys was a parody of who in Marvel/DC. 
I also was really curious about Black Noir backstory because he’s one supe I really like

• Like 1

WTF with that ending. damn this show is epic !

Spoiler

so i guess everyone might have one of those bomb chips in their head ? 

2 hours ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

WTF with that ending. damn this show is epic !

Reveal hidden contents

so i guess everyone might have one of those bomb chips in their head ? 

Spoiler

could be.

my first thought was that invisible guy wasn't really dead.  then that the bro-ad with the crewcut who escaped from the lab did it. either way, i didn't see that one coming.  :lol: 

23 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:
  Reveal hidden contents

could be.

my first that was that invisible guy wasn't really dead.  then that the bro-ad with the crewcut who escaped from the lab did it. either way, i didn't see that one coming.  :lol: 

see, eagleva was right all along !!!!!!!!

Since all of the episodes are available I just binged the rest of the season

Spoiler

I had a feeling the church guys head was gonna explode

Was surprised the woman was doing the head exploding. Wouldn't they have noticed her eyes going white?

I guess she was more worried for Butcher than her son because he's not a supe when the car was flipped a bunch?

I'm still waiting for the supe that can make you do whatever they want with their mind