The Boys on Amazon Prime

DaEagles4Life

Intense finale after a crazy last few episodes. Season 3 is going to be very interesting. 

Minor spoiler

Spoiler

I wish Starlight was more powerful. She’s basically the equivalent to Jubilee.

1 hour ago, LeanMeanGM said:

Intense finale after a crazy last few episodes. Season 3 is going to be very interesting. 

Semi spoiler

Hide contents

I wish Starlight was more powerful. She’s basically the equivalent to Jubilee.

Spoiler

I think the show just hasn't shown anything of what she's capable of. She absorbs electricity to gain her power. So if she went to a power plant wouldn't she be really juiced up?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

I think the show just hasn't shown anything of what she's capable of. She absorbs electricity to gain her power. So if she went to a power plant wouldn't she be really juiced up?

Spoiler

Maybe, but that makes me question what power she even has. Stormfront can shoot electricity at will but Starlight needs electricity to shoot light? Seems like a really lousy candidate for the 7

8 hours ago, LeanMeanGM said:
  Hide contents

Maybe, but that makes me question what power she even has. Stormfront can shoot electricity at will but Starlight needs electricity to shoot light? Seems like a really lousy candidate for the 7

Spoiler

Maeve seems to only have strength and durability 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:
  Hide contents

Maeve seems to only have strength and durability 🤷‍♂️

She needs durability for what I'd do to that a**

• Haha 1

Just binged both seasons this week. Kept hearing it was good.

The gore was too much at times but it was fun. I liked the sociopolitical commentary. The way too obvious white nationalist stuff was a "bit" much but understandable. I liked the commentary about social media. The evil corporation was a cliche but again understandable. 

It walked the fine lines very well between homage, straight up stealing plot lines and characters, satire, spoof and everything in between. 

Some fun cameo casting like Haley Joel Osment grown up, chubby with a beard. Ice-man from the X-men movies this time playing the opposite, a villain with fire instead of ice.

They've relied too much on heads exploding all of a sudden, it's like the jump scare in horror movies. The courtroom hearing scene and last scene with Church of the Collective guy were obvious from a mile away. 

Overall it's a fun show. Too many cringe moments just for shock sake but also some nice surprises. 

• 4 weeks later...

I had no idea the actor from The Boys was the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan, never looked at the cast list to see his name.

6 hours ago, NOTW said:

I had no idea the actor from The Boys was the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan, never looked at the cast list to see his name.

Lol it makes so much sense now. He looks just like the both of them. Thank you I also had no clue

On 11/6/2020 at 2:54 PM, NOTW said:

Had no idea

Also wtf is up with that title? :lol: Meg Ryans orgasm?

I'll chime in as well that I had no F'ing idea he was the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan (man, she sort of dropped off the planet).  Though now looking at it you can see it a bit in his eyes that he looks like his dad.  Whatever.  As long as this show keeps up its level of entertainment then that's all I care about.  Though Karl Urban probably drops more C bombs than any character I've ever experienced before.  And to beat out a Guy Ritchie film for doing that is saying something.  Not complaining, just saying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

Had no idea

Also wtf is up with that title? :lol: Meg Ryans orgasm?

His Mom's most famous movie scene:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NOTW said:

His Mom's most famous movie scene:

I was asking because of the snipped title in the image. Didn't click on the video lol

image.png.6a555edded1b0415cc435f75831f873b.png

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I was asking because of the snipped title in the image. Didn't click on the video lol

image.png.6a555edded1b0415cc435f75831f873b.png

Right. He asked Jack his reaction to seeing his mom fake an orgasm in a movie. 

13 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

I'll chime in as well that I had no F'ing idea he was the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan (man, she sort of dropped off the planet).  Though now looking at it you can see it a bit in his eyes that he looks like his dad.  Whatever.  As long as this show keeps up its level of entertainment then that's all I care about.  Though Karl Urban probably drops more C bombs than any character I've ever experienced before.  And to beat out a Guy Ritchie film for doing that is saying something.  Not complaining, just saying.

He’s up there with The Hound 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 10/12/2020 at 12:54 AM, NOTW said:

Just binged both seasons this week. Kept hearing it was good.

The gore was too much at times but it was fun. I liked the sociopolitical commentary. The way too obvious white nationalist stuff was a "bit" much but understandable. I liked the commentary about social media. The evil corporation was a cliche but again understandable. 

It walked the fine lines very well between homage, straight up stealing plot lines and characters, satire, spoof and everything in between. 

Some fun cameo casting like Haley Joel Osment grown up, chubby with a beard. Ice-man from the X-men movies this time playing the opposite, a villain with fire instead of ice.

They've relied too much on heads exploding all of a sudden, it's like the jump scare in horror movies. The courtroom hearing scene and last scene with Church of the Collective guy were obvious from a mile away. 

Overall it's a fun show. Too many cringe moments just for shock sake but also some nice surprises. 

Pretty sure the cringy, over the top stuff is paying homage to the shows comic book roots.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, homerpat said:

anyone watching the cartoon?  worthwhile?

The episodes are hit and miss for me m e. They are all pretty short so if you like the show they are worth watching.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 12:11 AM, Green_Guinness said:

Meg Ryan (man, she sort of dropped off the planet)

She had botched plastic surgery and now looks like the joker. That's why you never see her

Meg-Ryan.jpg

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Gannan said:

She had botched plastic surgery and now looks like the joker. That's why you never see her

Meg-Ryan.jpg

I'll never understand why these women do that to themselves.  I guess they want to look young as long as they can is their motivation and you'd think with their kind of money they would have the best plastic surgeons available, so how the F does this happen?  She's not the only one who looks like that.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2022 at 9:43 PM, Green_Guinness said:

I'll never understand why these women do that to themselves.  I guess they want to look young as long as they can is their motivation and you'd think with their kind of money they would have the best plastic surgeons available, so how the F does this happen?  She's not the only one who looks like that.

I really believe in a lot of cases the plastic surgeon is kinda guessing what the patient will look like after they are done. 

On 3/12/2022 at 5:59 PM, homerpat said:

anyone watching the cartoon?  worthwhile?

It's good. It's also short so you can get through it in a weekend

8 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

It's good. It's also short so you can get through it in a weekend

I'm pretty sure I watched it while blacked out on my couch the other weekend. I remember none of it, but Amazon says I watched it :roll: