hunt's ***official*** team league thread - 2023

mr_hunt

11 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I was just busting balls. Gave me time to do my first and only fantasy homework of the season. Vastly streamlined method from prior years, and decided to throw all my eggs in the McCaffrey basket 

Gutsy call for a draft of this type. McCaffery is the top player in FF but the Rest of the positions on Carolina are suspect. 

11 minutes ago, jwill2420 said:

Gutsy call for a draft of this type. McCaffery is the top player in FF but the Rest of the positions on Carolina are suspect. 

I had Carolina as a team ranked lower than my second pick at 18

40 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I was just busting balls. Gave me time to do my first and only fantasy homework of the season. Vastly streamlined method from prior years, and decided to throw all my eggs in the McCaffrey basket 

Haha, I knew that, it’s all good. Yeah I haven’t really looked at anything yet this year. McCaffrey is going to be a stud like always so not a bad way to start. 

19 minutes ago, fordy88 said:

Haha, I knew that, it’s all good. Yeah I haven’t really looked at anything yet this year. McCaffrey is going to be a stud like always so not a bad way to start. 

If Teddy B comes to play those receivers may do well

41 minutes ago, downundermike said:

If Teddy B comes to play those receivers may do well

DJ Moore had a really good season last year with dog crap at QB.  Teddy isn’t special but he’s an improvement over last year.

Was there better teams to choose from other than the Giants? Sure but I had a hard time letting the 2nd rated player in most draft mocks go. 

I also subscribe to @Agent23 How to draft a fantasy team for idiots....

• Like 1

FWIW, I like the choice.  Elite RB, starting quality QB and TE, and depth at receiver.  No front line WR, but there are plenty of teams with multiple elite/quality receivers that will be there for you later.

11 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

yeah...i had the panthers targeted at 8. -_-

I go through and rank each position 1 though n the same as I do for normal drafts. Where i think mix them all together based on comparative value, in this league I group them under their team. 

from there, I usually give a "weight” to their rank. For example, if someone like CMC or Mahommes is leaps and bounds better than the number 2 guy at their position, then I may give them a weight of "5 points”. Maybe 2-5 each get “; points”. 6-10 get "3 points” and so on. (Note, sometimes the groupings within the position might make it 7-13... it varies year to year). 

I think see how much points each nfl team has, since depth at positions matter when pulling from only 3 total squads.... well this year I just did 1-20 across each position, with favoritism to top-10. On K/D/TE just did 1-10 since cant start 2 of most and likely most people won’t start a second TE often. 

Realized I didn’t have enough time/care this year to go through and calculate all the above scenarios for 27 teams still left on the board. then I decided to combined the projected total points or QB1, RB1, WR1 since all the elite TEs were already gone and that position no longer matters. Doing that, CAR was #1 and ARI was #2... was hoping ARI might be there in round 2 but ended up being the team taken just before my pick :lol: 

now, when looking at teams that regularly use 2 RB, 2WR, elite D or K, and hell maybe even top-10 TE, probably better Squad’s than Carolina for sure, but that method hasn’t won me anything here in a loooong time so now I’m using the asterisk season to try new sheet

1 hour ago, Shepard Wong said:

FWIW, I like the choice.  Elite RB, starting quality QB and TE, and depth at receiver.  No front line WR, but there are plenty of teams with multiple elite/quality receivers that will be there for you later.

My thoughts exactly. If It wasn’t for the quick turn around I would have went in a different direction. I have 3 teams I want and Alpha can only take 2 depending on who he picks. 

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

I go through and rank each position 1 though n the same as I do for normal drafts. Where i think mix them all together based on comparative value, in this league I group them under their team. 

from there, I usually give a "weight” to their rank. For example, if someone like CMC or Mahommes is leaps and bounds better than the number 2 guy at their position, then I may give them a weight of "5 points”. Maybe 2-5 each get “; points”. 6-10 get "3 points” and so on. (Note, sometimes the groupings within the position might make it 7-13... it varies year to year). 

I think see how much points each nfl team has, since depth at positions matter when pulling from only 3 total squads.... well this year I just did 1-20 across each position, with favoritism to top-10. On K/D/TE just did 1-10 since cant start 2 of most and likely most people won’t start a second TE often. 

Realized I didn’t have enough time/care this year to go through and calculate all the above scenarios for 27 teams still left on the board. then I decided to combined the projected total points or QB1, RB1, WR1 since all the elite TEs were already gone and that position no longer matters. Doing that, CAR was #1 and ARI was #2... was hoping ARI might be there in round 2 but ended up being the team taken just before my pick :lol: 

now, when looking at teams that regularly use 2 RB, 2WR, elite D or K, and hell maybe even top-10 TE, probably better Squad’s than Carolina for sure, but that method hasn’t won me anything here in a loooong time so now I’m using the asterisk season to try new sheet

I normally do something similar.  But this year I grabbed a top 200 list & added up the projected auction values of guys from each team. what could possibly go wrong?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

I normally do something similar.  But this year I grabbed a top 200 list & added up the projected auction values of guys from each team. what could possibly go wrong?

Well you didn’t draft the Cowboys so nothings gone wrong so far

I forgot Hopkins was on the Cards. That probably bumps them higher, but I'm not sold on Drake. 

My research was basically sort by points scored last year and see which teams had the most top 5-20 guys. Saints, Cowboys and a couple others were tough to split. 

58 minutes ago, Mat said:

I forgot Hopkins was on the Cards. That probably bumps them higher, but I'm not sold on Drake. 

I was shocked to see how well Drake played after being traded. Especially after having watched him the last 3 years here with the Dolphins, I thought he’d never put it together. 

Im with you it was probably a fluke. 

10 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

he's usually busy doing guys on the weekends.  lots and lots of guys. 

Wait, are we not all busy doing that? :unsure: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

So what you’re saying is there’s a good chance he’s dead....

52 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

Wait, are we not all busy doing that? :unsure: 

Nah. My looks went south at 30, guys don’t hit on me 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jwill2420 said:

So what you’re saying is there’s a good chance he’s dead....

Nah. My looks went south at 30, guys don’t hit on me 

I'm 35 tomorrow and am already experiencing those effects :sad:

21 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

And lots and lots and lots, apparently.

Just a suggestion. Maybe we should make a rule that whoever takes more than 24 HRs to make a pick gets who ever is the highest team on the NFL.Com power ranking not picked yet. 

That way he can be with his guys all weekend and not worry about it 😉