Jump to content
Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don't see the Eagles pulling the trigger either. I wouldn't be upset if they did but I don't see it. I think they are happy with what we have. 

Teams I could see are Seahawks, Washington, Packers, Bucs, Rams, Texans

Sleeper team in there is Kansas City. Have a rookie RB and Damien williams isn’t playing this year. Not exactly a thrilling bunch of backs behind him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Utebird said:

Fournett is a name. Dude averaged over 4 yards a carry for the first time at 4.3. Sure he had 76 reception for only 522 yards. He caught a bunch of out let passes and only 3 tds on all those touches is highly inefficient. 

Hes a 3 yards and a pile of dust runner.

Add in reports of lack of work ethic and bad attitude with injury history and its no surprise no one wanted to trade for him.

You dont think a player who has 1600 yards and only 3 TDs( 2 were from him breaking the run long for a TD) is more of a coaching issue? 

Theres a reason they are losing the last 2 years. There is a reason no one wants to stay there. Ramsey, Yannick, Bouye, Fournette. Jags remind me of the Jets. Just a bad overall Culture team and very poor coaching. 

im not saying Fournette should be here or has a great attitude, great team guy but he is a good player and there is surely major issues with that Jax team FO/coaching/Owner from all levels. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

I don't see the Eagles pulling the trigger either. I wouldn't be upset if they did but I don't see it. I think they are happy with what we have. 

Teams I could see are Seahawks, Washington, Packers, Bucs, Rams, Texans

yeah your correct , i see the team has a bigger issue at offensive line and wouldn't be bad to get another safety or backer IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

He's worth it

Yup. At the cost of a waiver claim and a moderate salary for one year, it'd be worth it. Even though he probably can't play left tackle.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Yup. At the cost of a waiver claim and a moderate salary for one year, it'd be worth it. Even though he probably can't play left tackle.

He isn’t worth $4M. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He isn’t worth $4M. 

Not to the Eagles I wouldn't think.  They only paid $1.25M for Blount, and he put up 173 carries for 766 yards.  Hard to imagine Fournette would be more productive than that in Philly with Sanders as the lead RB

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

He isn’t worth $4M. 

As a stand alone decision, yes he is.

In the context of the current roster, issues with JP's salary, and next year's cap then no. 

The marginal improvement over what we already have isn't worth the impact to our cap situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

vikings have asked their LT Riley Reiff to take a pay cut or they will release him , they gave him to today to decide. could be an option if he clears waivers. he was a first round pick

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Connecticut Eagle said:

As a stand alone decision, yes he is.

In the context of the current roster, issues with JP's salary, and next year's cap then no. 

The marginal improvement over what we already have isn't worth the impact to our cap situation.

Apparently all 32 teams don’t believe he is worth $4M and a conditional 7. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Yup. 

typo there by Joe he avged 3.9, 3.7(both injury years) and 4.3 rushing. Thats 4.0 for his 3 year career(2 years injuried). 7.5 yards per catch and a total of 4.6 yards per touch through his career. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

vikings have asked their LT Riley Reiff to take a pay cut or they will release him , they gave him to today to decide. could be an option if he clears waivers. he was a first round pick

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure this is old news for you guys, I'm just reading this how Pryor getting blown up by Josh Sweat.  Peters wants an increase in pay to move to LT and this only helps his case.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/eagles-training-camp-2020-observations-day-12-josh-sweat-wrecks-matt-pryor

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, vaeagle2 said:

vikings have asked their LT Riley Reiff to take a pay cut or they will release him , they gave him to today to decide. could be an option if he clears waivers. he was a first round pick

seams to be a healthy guy, not many pents as well each year. Can't find his sacks given up. He was a nice name back in the day but havent heard much about him in a while. Could be a good thing as well. Would all depend on cost. But if he doent take a pay cut to stay with Vikings me may not want to take that cut anywhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This didn't age well.

I'll agree -- but even though Gurley won't be a 1500 yard all-purpose guy anymore, I still think he'll be pretty good in ATL to complement that passing attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

typo there by Joe he avged 3.9, 3.7(both injury years) and 4.3 rushing. Thats 4.0 for his 3 year career(2 years injuried). 7.5 yards per catch and a total of 4.6 yards per touch through his career. 

4.6 yards per touch isn’t good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

4.6 yards per touch isn’t good. 

Actually per stats, for a BIG style back, that is pretty much in line. Go look at players like Howard, Blount even Henry as recent examples. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Actually per stats, for a BIG style back, that is pretty much in line. Go look at players like Howard, Blount even Henry as recent examples. 

Derrick Henry's yards per carry for his career is 4.8, higher than Fournette's yards per touch.

Henry averages 5.1 yards per touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, downundermike said:

Derrick Henry's yards per carry for his career is 4.8, higher than Fournette's yards per touch.

Henry averages 5.1 yards per touch.

Im not saying get the guy, but 4.6 avg is not bad for a big back who only played maybe 2 seasons of games. Stats show that for many big backs in the same area with full 5+ years. 4.6 and 5.1 not a major diff there. Still respectful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DeathByEagle said:

Im not saying get the guy, but 4.6 avg is not bad for a big back who only played maybe 2 seasons of games. Stats show that for many big backs in the same area with full 5+ years. 4.6 and 5.1 not a major diff there. Still respectful. 

Regardless of stats, Marrone said this morning they tried to get anything for him, a 6th, a 7th, nothing.  Tells me enough about the guy that a team wouldn't even give up a 7th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

 

This.  
 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

This didn't age well.

Running backs arent franchise changing players anymore. and havent been in awhile. 

running backs are a dime a dozen and no need to 1) spend money on them and 2) draft them early(first 50 picks or so) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...