Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

29 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

Maybe his agent did have the foresight but the Eagles didn't want to agree to it.  Now Peters has more leverage.  It's not like the Eagles can cut him. Why not ask for more money?

I mean don’t sign the contract then cause you knew that was a possibility. He didn’t have too. He could’ve waited it out. Again you still had the leverage at that point as we needed a RG and potentially a backup LT and if dillard did get hurt or stunk they’d have to come back to you and you have more leverage. Again I’m guessing the eagles weren’t About going to screw over peters after all these years of service seems like a good way to hurt yourself with future players and contract talks.

17 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Can Reiff play guard at all?

If he can Id sign him.

Peters at tacle, Reiff at guard.

If peters gets hurt, Reiff can move out.

Next year, Reiff is legit competition for a very shaky Dillard. If Dillard is legit, Reiff can play guard and Seumalo can play C when Kelce retires.

If Reiff can play guard, it gives a ton of flexibility across the entire OL. It would be a huge move for rebuilding our OL as it ages. 

Played 7 games at LG as a freshman at Iowa

34 minutes ago, LeanMeanGM said:

He wants 4 more years

Lol I'd laugh

The thing is, the JP "muh munney" thing is what is says to 31 other teams if they look to sign him next year.  A strange way to elongate your career.

How much do you think Reiff would cost? Also I doubt he would take a 1 year deal.

10 minutes ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

If Peters is the starting RG week 1 then this front office has lost all control. 

This seems to be kind of a panicky position.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Desertbirds said:

This is 100% incorrect and is based on an incorrect reading of a CDC statement.

Are you going to correct me?

I reread it... even looked at a cool chart(pictures) cause I'm not smart

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Sorry you just posted the article. It was a different guy saying it was a scam that they quoted. bacarty

I dont think it's a scam. I think it's real, but I also believe that 85-95% of deaths(CDC says 94% are essentially bogus. 

Guy gets diagnosed with Covid in Manhattan. 4 days later he was shot and killed. Covid took the "win" because, "he may have survived" if healthy

Little kid in Georgia, first death under 12. Actually the "little" kid was 400lbs, had diabetes, and when the fever kicked in he has a seizure. While having the seizure he drown. Cause of death.. Covid 19

Is it real, yep. are the numbers correct, NOT EVEN F'ing CLOSE. 

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, TrotterIsGod said:

Peters is going to do what he was signed to do. 

Play Right Guard.

This was my question, do we know for a fact that the Eagles asked him to move over, or is it just assumed. And then Peters people said, well if they do ask we want more money. 

I heart Lane switching sides.  JP has shown A LOT over the last 2 years that he isnt fit to play LT so I wouldnt have even asked him 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eaglesflyers#1 said:

How much do you think Reiff would cost? Also I doubt he would take a 1 year deal.

His base salaries this year is $10.9 million, which he has already refused to lower, so I guess that would be the starting point.

9 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

I dont think it's a scam. I think it's real, but I also believe that 85-95% of deaths(CDC says 94% are essentially bogus. 

Guy gets diagnosed with Covid in Manhattan. 4 days later he was shot and killed. Covid took the "win" because, "he may have survived" if healthy

Little kid in Georgia, first death under 12. Actually the "little" kid was 400lbs, had diabetes, and when the fever kicked in he has a seizure. While having the seizure he drown. Cause of death.. Covid 19

Is it real, yep. are the numbers correct, NOT EVEN F'ing CLOSE. 

thats not what their data means. 

Their data means that only 6% had only COVID listed on the death report.

All the rest of the COVID deaths still exist and are attributable to COVID. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Imma guess milyawns

<RING RING>
<RING RING>
<RING RING>
(an on the edge shocker54): yes.

caller: hi, socker?
shocker54: it's shocker.
caller: oh sorry. shocker.  this is scott eastwood, clint's son. years ago, i played a character in my dad's movie gran torino. you sound like you might have seen it. my man, that was a bit i played ment to show how stupid a young white guy sounds when he attempts to insert what he believes is his knowledge of another culture into a conversation for acceptance. it was used to show how someone with no personality assumes what they feel is the trait of a more dominant personality to.....shocker?...hello....?
shocker54: ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

thats not what their data means. 

Their data means that only 6% had only COVID listed on the death report.

All the rest of the COVID deaths still exist and are attributable to COVID. 

So this begs the question... Why did they do it this way now?

If someone has(hypothetical) Asthma, over weight, diabetic, and gets huge fever from chicken pox which causes them to die, Chicken Pox gets no mentions any where. 

At the end of the day, to die, JUST FOR COVID 19 is EXTREMELY RARE. like 11,000 people in 335,000,000 rare. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

If someone has(hypothetical) Asthma, over weight, diabetic, and gets huge fever from chicken pox which causes them to die, Chicken Pox gets no mentions any where. 

At the end of the day, to die, JUST FOR COVID 19 is EXTREMELY RARE. like 11,000 people in 335,000,000 rare. 

Follow the $$$$$. Hospitals are reimbursed my Medicare/Medicaid at 3 times the rate for treating COVID as they are for other diseases.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bacarty2 said:

We already know that the healthy people typically werent the ones dying. Most people who died had something else like diabetes, obesity, hypertension as well. We already knew this.

However, this number does not account for ALL healthy people who died. Some of these death certificates may have been incomplete. Not many people dropped dead of asymptomatic COVID. Even a healthy person who got COVID would likely develop some cardiac issue, or pulmonary issue that ultimately killed them. Those things should also be listed on the death certificate. Like, COVID and heart failure. In a young healthy person. The person died of heart failure, due to COVID. These 6% wouldnt have listed the heart failure. They JUST listed COVID for some reason. 

Numbers are still like muddy water.

But the important point is that people realize we havent just erased over 100k COVID deaths. No... those still exist. They are just now telling you how many of them listed only COVID. For some reason.... I dont know why.

• Like 3

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

We already know that the healthy people typically werent the ones dying. Most people who died had something else like diabetes, obesity, hypertension as well. We already knew this.

However, this number does not account for ALL healthy people who died. Some of these death certificates may have been incomplete. Not many people dropped dead of asymptomatic COVID. Even a healthy person who got COVID would likely develop some cardiac issue, or pulmonary issue that ultimately killed them. Those things should also be listed on the death certificate. Like, COVID and heart failure. In a young healthy person. The person died of heart failure, due to COVID. These 6% wouldnt have listed the heart failure. They JUST listed COVID for some reason. 

Numbers are still like muddy water.

But the important point is that people realize we havent just erased over 100k COVID deaths. No... those still exist. They are just now telling you how many of them listed only COVID. For some reason.... I dont know why.

Totally fair,. and that same goes with testing.

Right now we're(or last i checked) was hitting at a 9% clip. 9% of 350,000,000 ish is 31 million people(on top of the already 6M that have it)

So now we're talking, once again, an extremely low fatality tate(.4ish i believe) 

At the end of the day

I believe Covid is real., 100% certain the numbers are BS. 10000% sure they're BS for political reasons and 10000000% sure the whole country didnt need to shut down. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

Why don’t you just wear a mask, wash your hands, and social distance — like every qualified epidemiologist is telling you to — and not worry so much about analyzing the underlying data?

You’d be much better off worrying about the long term health effects that people are coping with even after recovering; this isn’t like catching cold or flu.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

At the end of the day

I believe Covid is real., 100% certain the numbers are BS. 10000% sure they're BS for political reasons and 10000000% sure the whole country didnt need to shut down. 

Great. People also believe that the Earth is flat, that Elvis is still alive, and the QAnon BS.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, NCiggles said:

This seems to be kind of a panicky position.  

How is it panicky? I’m certainly not panicked. It’s just a fact. They are setting the tone for the players to dictate the way things are run. 

If we get in injury trouble at cb and Mills has to bump out to CB then should he hold out for more money? Yes, JP is a HOFer blah blah blah but he’s clearly putting himself before the team. 

8 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

At the end of the day

1000000000000000000000000000% you’re a Steeler fan