Connecticut Eagle

EMB Blog: 2020 Training Camp

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Not if he is being an a-hole.

"If you don't like it you can leave". If people want to talk about politics and COVID conspiracies I have zero issue calling idiots out. Not all opinions deserve respect. 

• Like 4

Just now, DEagle7 said:

"If you don't like it you can leave". If people want to talk about politics and COVID conspiracies I have zero issue calling idiots out. Not all opinions deserve respect. 

Hey brah.  That’s my job.  Stay in your lane.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greendestiny27 said:

I don’t see Maddox being all that successful as the number two this year. Certainly hope i’m wrong with that assumption. 

Yeah, I'm not feeling too confident in him at all.  He was solid his rookie year, pretty bad last year.  He was getting straight up abused against Green Bay before he got hurt.  Now all he had to do was stay healthy to win the #2 cb spot here.  It's a position in need of serious upgrade.  The fact that Douglas is still in the picture should speak volumes.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BigEFly said:

You probably believe the BS from the oil companies that did not want PA to tax fracking production that 600k jobs would be lost to a fracking ban in PA that I get in the mail every other day. Reality is there are around 27k jobs in oil exploration and production in PA.  There are a little over 6 million jobs in PA.  We aren’t losing 600k jobs from fracking. Math doesn’t add up.   Bottom line is no real new well production is happening in shale at this time.   Plus offshore drilling rig counts are way down too. Has nothing to do with fracking bans and everything to do with the sustainability of domestic drilling at $40 a barrel. Fracking is break even at $60. Fracking isn’t new.  Shale fracking is but because there are no geologically natural reservoirs, what made shale fracking work was horizontal drilling but that is expensive, just like offshore deep water drilling.  Russia glutted the market and drove crude costs way down. Saudis wouldn’t lower their output either until we saw negative cost future contracts for May WTI.  Think our friends in Russia and Saudi Arabia were doing this out of friendship to the US?   They were doing this to drive the US domestic market to unsustainable levels.   What happened?  In March the biggest player in the Balkan reserve (North Dakota) had to declare bankruptcy.  ExxonMobil is trading at 50% of its stock price from two years ago and just got delisted from the Dow Jones Industrials. 

You are just so die hard sold on the propaganda.   I think I will believe HE, pretty conservative himself, when he points to the nonsense of inflated Covid numbers driven by hospital profits.  It’s BS propaganda.  Then why didn’t they fake JR’s results to a positive when he clearly seemed to have Covid and at 73 is a Medicare recipient?  

Another long BS post of yours I'm not even going to bother reading. 

59 minutes ago, Allhaildawk said:

Can you guys take this crap to some tinfoil hat blog or flatearthers.com or something 

With all the BS that gets posted from some of you in here this is the place 

1 hour ago, Asg 15 said:

Philadelphia’s mayor is facing criticism after a photo has emerged of him dining indoors in Maryland while his city's restaurants are only permitted to serve customers outside.

Gotta love politicians

You don't say

10 minutes ago, DEagle7 said:

At a minimum, you should be more specific in your condemnations. Some of us have worked on COVID, some are statisticians, and some have written academic papers on pathogen transmission models.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Diehardfan said:

With all the BS that gets posted from some of you in here this is the place 

No it’s not.  Some BS is lighthearted and not divisive.  Other BS is divisive.  Take this BS to the divisive BS department.  Which is CVON.  That’s where all the wack jobs reside.   

1 hour ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Oh i agree with you about maddox. Had an entire discussion about it a couple days ago. Frankly i think you are hoping maddox can play the outside competently and consistently cause if he doesn’t jones and Douglas haven’t shown much and can’t stay healthy. 

Nope, I think they are expecting a little too much from Maddox. 

2 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

At a minimum, you should be more specific in your condemnations. Some of us have worked on COVID, some are statisticians, and some have written academic papers on pathogen transmission models.

Can you funnel a beer in 3.5 seconds?   I think not.  

1 minute ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Can you funnel a beer in 3.5 seconds?   I think not.  

In my younger days...

3 minutes ago, greendestiny27 said:

Nope, I think they are expecting a little too much from Maddox. 

He doesn't need to be the # 1 or get thrown all over the secondary or cover the best receiver anymore . They have Slay to cover best receiver and NCR for the slot and 4 safeties that are solid veterans or have good potential. Maddox just needs to be average. Can't have lock down players all over the secondary and for once he doesn't need to be. So actually for once they aren't asking to much from him like they did as a rookie or the following year

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

In my younger days...

Ok great.  Me too.  Now let’s talk about light hearted stupid ish in here.  Cool?

21 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

Then why assume your not in the 15%?

He said 85% of you.  It was your choice which side you identified with. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Desertbirds said:

My comment doesn't apply to them then. Pretty sure that can be implied reasonably. I have no issues with the occasional aside into real life discussion, especially when it pertains to someone's field. It's the blog. But there's a limit man.  Literally every day on here it's literally the least informed idiots from either part of the political spectrum posting the same tired nonsense ad nauseum and it's exhausting.

And I don't feel the need to be respectful towards people who are disrespectful enough of others to regurgitate conspiracy theories with zero actual self analysis. F em and F their feelings. 

HE is correct though. Part of this rant is related to me not being able to call patients and their families idiots. Another part is Rye.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DEagle7 said:

My comment doesn't apply to them then. Pretty sure that can be implied reasonably. I have no issues with the occasional aside into real life discussion, especially when it pertains to someone's field. It's the blog. But there's a limit man.  Literally every day on here it's literally the least informed idiots from either part of the political spectrum posting the same tired nonsense ad nauseum and it's exhausting.

And I don't feel the need to be respectful towards people who are disrespectful enough of others to regurgitate conspiracy theories with zero actual self analysis. F em and F their feelings. 

HE is correct though. Part of this rant is related to me not being able to call patients and their families idiots. Another part is Rye.

Willet rye is my favorite.

• Like 1

Just now, Desertbirds said:

Never tried it, I'll have to take a look. I've got some High West in the cabinet but I'm just using Rittenhouse right now cause it's a cocktail. No need to burn the good stuff. 

• Like 1

Just now, Desertbirds said:

Rittenhouse is great for manhattans

Sazerac rye for neat but its such a pain to find

Just now, ToastJenkins said:

It's a Vieux Carre night. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ToastJenkins said:

Never had Sazerac. Some of these spirits have limited geographic distribution.

7 minutes ago, ManuManu said:

Keep Jeffrey on PUP then. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DawkinsOwnage03 said:

I’m thinking Fournette here Blount style for red zone damage and 4th Q smashings

Because he didn’t do that in Jacksonville but the Eagles have a magic elixir that fixes that?  What does he offer that we don’t have with a healthy Clements at a lot cheaper price?  Frankly, I have more confidence in giving Scott the ball in the red zone than Fournette.  Scott had as many TDs in one game as Fournette had last season. 

• Like 1