Daeshon Hall reverts to Eagles’ PUP list after clearing waivers

UK_EaglesFan89

Daeshon Hall reverts to Eagles’ PUP list after clearing waivers

Eagles defensive end Daeshon Hall cleared waivers and has reverted to the Eagles Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list. Hall was waived Sunday with a "did not pass physical” designation. 

This means Hall is still with the Eagles but does not count toward their 90-man roster. 

Hall, 25, tore his ACL in the regular season finale against the Giants last season. The former Panthers third-round pick had a great training camp with the Eagles last year and ended up playing in nine games. 

On the Reserve/PUP Hall will miss at least the first six weeks of the 2020 season. At that point, the Eagles will have a five-week window to allow him to start practicing. Then they’ll have three weeks to either activate him or shut him down for the year. 

Meanwhile, defensive tackle Albert Huggins, whom the Eagles also waived on Sunday, was claimed by the Houston Texans. Last year, Huggins signed with the Texans as an undrafted free agent out of Clemson and was on their practice squad until the Eagles signed him to their active roster in October. The Eagles had several injuries at defensive tackle in 2019. 

Huggins finished the 2019 season on the Eagles’ practice squad but then signed a reserve/futures contract after the season was over. 

The three other players the Eagles waived on Sunday — WR Shelton Gibson, WR Marcus Green and CB Tremon Smith — all cleared waivers and are now free agents. 

As the Eagles veterans began reporting for COVID-19 tests at training camp today, the roster sits at 82. They must make two more moves to comply with the new roster limit of 80 or choose to hold split session practices.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/daeshon-hall-reverts-eagles-pup-list-after-clearing-waivers

I think this is probably as expected isn't it? The team thought Hall would clear waivers which is why they made the decision to cut him knowing they could add him to the PUP list. 

I think the last two moves are Jeffery and Brooks to PUP/IR, so we basically have our 80 man squad.   

4 hours ago, jsb235 said:

I think the last two moves are Jeffery and Brooks to PUP/IR, so we basically have our 80 man squad.   

Jeffrey is gonna start week 1 doncha know??

me either.

6 hours ago, jsb235 said:

Brooks to PUP, Goodwin opt out.