Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Stayin Alive Stayin Alive

Captain F

Got home late from work, missed the 1st period.  Nice PK by the Flyers (off Laughton's dumb pen), then Laughton sent in on a breakaway out of the box, gets dragged down for a penalty shot.  Would rather have the PP.  Laughton gets stoned trying to wait out Markstrom, who stacks the pads to prevent a high shot.  A goalie that big your best bet is five hole.  They're going to need some cross ice passing to beat this guy.  Try to catch a half empty net.

These refs have missed at least 3 calls against the Flames that a blind man could see.  Good grief.

Hayes evens it up!  He was looking to pass it across the front of the crease, but it took a fortunate bounce off a defender and right back to him with Markstrom looking the other way, so he slid it into a half empty net.  Then he looked to the sky to acknowledge his brother in memory.

• Like 1

Flyers going on the PP.  Hart has made some good saves to keep them in it.  They need to get some good puck movement on this PP or get a couple bodies in front and hope to either sneak one past him or get a rebound.

And the Flames get the best scoring chance on a Flyers' PP.  Figures.  Do these guys practice the PP?  It doesn't seem like they do.

9 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Flyers going on the PP.  Hart has made some good saves to keep them in it.  They need to get some good puck movement on this PP or get a couple bodies in front and hope to either sneak one past him or get a rebound.

Hart is absolutely the reason they are still in this game.  Outstanding effort so far.

• Like 1

Damn, what a move by G to get in on Markstrom, but he gets denied in the end.

Just now, MIRV Griffen said:

Atkinson ends it swiftly in OT!

Way to battle back and win!

2-1,  Flyers

They took the puck away from Johnny Hockey and turned it into a 2 on 1.  Coots with the shot and Cam with the rebound to break an 8 game goal drought.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

They took the puck away from Johnny Hockey and turned it into a 2 on 1.  Coots with the shot and Cam with the rebound to break an 8 game goal drought.

Couldn’t have asked for a better rebound angle.  Right on Cam’s stick

• Like 1

Let's see if the 26th ranked PP in the NHL can do anything to start the 3rd period.  I would be surprised.  Their PP is rubbish. 

Wow, only 1 for their last 22 and 2 for their last 34 on the PP.  That's Last Rights stuff.  Might be better off declining the penalty.  Too bad they can't.

GIROUX!!

8 seconds left and he saves the game with the tying goal!!

3-3, a point secured and headed to OT

After Hart had played well and he gives up an unfortunate goal looking like the Flyers would lose, but a nice set play off the face-off and G bags his 2nd of the night.  That shot was more placement than steam and gave the attacking players a chance to crash the net and block the goalie's view.  Well, they at least got a point tonight.  Can they win back-to-back OT games?

• Like 1

Damn, that was a fun OT.  And damn, we're going to a shoot out.  Honestly not expecting us to win a SO.

Well that was predictable.  We really really SUCK at shoot outs.  From the time they were first introduced until now.  We suck.

27 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Well that was predictable.  We really really SUCK at shoot outs.  From the time they were first introduced until now.  We suck.

Yup.  Always feels like we’re gonna lose when it gets that far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Yup.  Always feels like we’re gonna lose when it gets that far.

I appreciate you, brother.  I remember you from the old EMB and glad you made it here.  I'm sure we'll be posting and sharing more in this thread the rest of the season.  Have a good night.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I appreciate you, brother.  I remember you from the old EMB and glad you made it here.  I'm sure we'll be posting and sharing more in this thread the rest of the season.  Have a good night.

Most defintely, my man.  Glad you made the migration, too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

It wasn't only that they failed on their two attempts but also that their attempts were just pathetic. Both guys came in from the side and got off weak shots. Meanwhile the Tampa Bay players come right down the middle and rifle shots into the net.

• Like 2

Missed most of the 1st period, but got to see that last few minutes.  Sounds like BOS had some PPs and racked up the shots, 21 shots?  Damn, what the Hell?  Jones couldn't do much on the goal.  Man out in front alone with time to go on the backhand and roof it.

And damn does Taryn look good tonight.

Give up a goal late in the 1st period and now give up a goal in 30 seconds to start the 2nd period. 

And the Flyers respond is less than a minute.  Broussard with a rebound right out in front off an Atkinson feed from behind the net.