Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

They pass too much and what's worse is their passing is slow and gives the D time to adjust.  And it's all around the outside, the flanks.  You watch BOS' PP and they make quick passes into the slot for a quick shot on goal.  We just pass it around the outside of the 4 player PK box.

THEY SCORED A PP GOAL!!!!

Broussard with his 2nd of the game.

That was good puck movement as G passed it one-time so all Broussard had to do was one-time into a half empty net.

And back to trailing again, 3-2.  BOS wins the puck along the boards near the blueline and ends up with numbers attacking goal.  It was a nice shot right above the shoulder and under the bar.  Flyers are losing too many battles for the puck.  (I accidentally posted this in The Blog as I was going back/forth, oops.)

And they let up another early goal to start the period, just a minute and a half into the 3rd to go down 4-2.  Totally different game than the one I went to vs these same Bs in October.  They are getting outplayed tonight.

Glad I decided to go out instead of watching the game. 

Got a ticket to see them Tuesday. Hopefully they can pull it together. 

9 hours ago, Bill said:

Glad I sprung for glass seats tonight. 

That was Fn brutal. 

I find that to be the case, the greater money I spend on seats, the more that team craps the bed!  Glass seats = getting shut out and ass handed.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NYEagle said:

I find that to be the case, the greater money I spend on seats, the more that team craps the bed!  Glass seats = getting shut out and ass handed.

Same here.  The one great exception?  The Super Bowl.  Most expensive sporting ticket I’ve ever bought and they won it all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MIRV Griffen said:

Same here.  The one great exception?  The Super Bowl.  Most expensive sporting ticket I’ve ever bought and they won it all.

#absolutelywortheverypenny

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NYEagle said:

#absolutelywortheverypenny

Damned straight.  My family thought I was nuts risking a few grand and change to possibly see the Eagles lose, but I had full faith it was gonna be the greatest sports win I ever witnessed…and it was.

• Like 1

Jones is playing strong but facing a LOT of quality shots from the Panthers.  The momentum needs to shift ASAP.  Too much time left to rely on a 1-goal lead.

F!

OT loss.  Jones was excellent for so much of this game, but the team in front of him didn’t do him any favors.  Way too much Panther pressure allowed for the entire game, and it finally bit them.

How long is it going to take until it’s realized by the organization that the whole coaching staff needs to go?

Nice play by Laughton to jump on the puck, beat the Dman, and then outwait the goalie to shelf a backhander over him for a SH goal.  Ties it up at 1-1 after the 1st period.  What are the odds that 2 Philly teams drive up to NNJ to lose their games today?

4 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Nice play by Laughton to jump on the puck, beat the Dman, and then outwait the goalie to shelf a backhander over him for a SH goal.  Ties it up at 1-1 after the 1st period.  What are the odds that 2 Philly teams drive up to NNJ to lose their games today?

It’s Philly so 100% plus it’s determined that all of the Super Bowl 52 winning team was doping so they forfeit the win. 

And the Flyers are now just 3 for their last 48 on the PP.  And they looked poor on their last effort.  Takes them forever to set it up and then they usually don't generate much in the way of quality shots when they do.

LOL - the ref helped us out 😂

Off his skate from a Devils pass, right to Laughton and then Farabee for the goal.  I’ll take it

2-2, game

Yup.  Little bit of luck for that goal, but the officials are part of the playing surface.  Maybe the Devils' Dman shouldn't have tried to pass it in that direction with the ref along the boards and not much of a chance to get out of the way?

• Like 1

Awful turnover by Provorov results in a Devils goal.

3-2, Devils 

14 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

Yup.  Little bit of luck for that goal, but the officials are part of the playing surface.  Maybe the Devils' Dman shouldn't have tried to pass it in that direction with the ref along the boards and not much of a chance to get out of the way?

Yep.  The ref did exactly what he should’ve done.  Pinned himself to the boards with plenty of time for the player to react.  He passer right into him anyway.

And 3 for 49 now.  Devils had a better scoring chance SH than the Flyers had on the PP. 

At least Taryn looks especially alluring tonight.  I like the more natural look she has going on tonight.

And F!!!  Provy with a Dzone TO and the Devils take the lead again.

Defense is absolutely killing this team tonight.  Another terrible turnover in front of the net leaves Jones high and dry.

And that should do it, 4-2 Devils.  Sloppy play in the D-end with 2 Flyers converging on 1 Devil and leaves a 2-on-1 in front of goal for an easy tap in.