Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread - Eliminated.

Captain F

The circumstances of his sudden death are not yet known. It is known that the native of Zlín had serious financial problems in recent years, due to which he also appeared before the court. During this period he divorced his wife Dagmar. He is survived by three children, sons Jakub, Roman and daughter Kateřina.

Translation from a Czech article:

I've hardly watched any of their games this year. Just curious, is Tyson Foerster playing? Is he showing anything at all? Or has he been playing in the minors?

What about Cam York? Anything at all to suggest he was a good pick in the first round?

Nice to win some games but they need a superstar and being an average team they will not get one in the draft

On 11/20/2023 at 9:13 AM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Nice to win some games but they need a superstar and being an average team they will not get one in the draft

Maybe they can trade for Gaudreau from Columbus somehow.  The Blue Jackets look terrible, and he wanted to sign here.

• Like 2

On 11/21/2023 at 2:20 PM, xzmattzx said:

Maybe they can trade for Gaudreau from Columbus somehow.  The Blue Jackets look terrible, and he wanted to sign here.

Honestly I think him not signing is a blessing in disguise. His numbers are ish this year. He found a niche in Calgary that he wasn’t going to be able to find anywhere else. 

• 2 weeks later...

Actually pretty impressed with the Flyers so far this season; I'm about as glass-half-empty as any Flyers fan can be, but a 13-10-1 record is pretty strong after 24 games.  22nd in goal scoring is no surprise (even a bit better than I thought), but 9th in goals against is really impressive.  Tortorella is a good systems coach, and if the players buy into the defensive system then a team doesn't really need an abundance of talent to execute it in the modern NHL.  I think they've gotten some wins by catching some opponents thinking it's a free win, so we'll see what the next 20-25 games looks like.  Hart has been very good, and Ersson is getting better.

The best signs are that Brink, Foerster, and York are coming along as good young players.  My fear was that Tortorella would be a negative influence on the younger guys -- but he's not as much of a scumbag as a Mike Babcock, so the culture seems to be improving.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Are the Flyers actually decent now?

They’re fun to watch again I can say that 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

:roll:

Tell me this guy isn’t serious right? Is this some character sketch he does or something? Clearly overreacting in a young season with them only 5 points back. But anyway nut job go Flyers!! 9 game point streak and Ersson is playing great between the pipes. Love this team at how they go about their business

• Like 1

It's nice to see the Flyers have not 1, but 2 good goalies. At the start of the season, I wanted them to continue to suck just to get the higher picks but not anymore. It's nice the Flyers aren't dreck anymore and if they can get some playoff seasoning this year, I'm all for it.

It sounds like Briere is gonna continue on the rebuild path regardless where they are at the deadline which is good. If they do anything at the deadline, it should be sell. 

• Like 1

To come back from a 5-1 deficit to steal a point is very impressive. Hart showing rust tonight not playing in a while hopefully he bounces back 

On 12/22/2023 at 9:38 PM, Joe Shades 73 said:

Hart is garbage

On 12/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, RoadToHell said:

To come back from a 5-1 deficit to steal a point is very impressive. Hart showing rust tonight not playing in a while hopefully he bounces back 

Hart wasn’t playing well, but the Flyers were playing some garbage hockey that first period. 

50 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hart wasn’t playing well, but the Flyers were playing some garbage hockey that first period. 

I take it back, Hart is not garbage, but he is far from this great Goalie he was hyped to be, some of it is the team overall but he is not a top goalie.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

I take it back, Hart is not garbage, but he is far from this great Goalie he was hyped to be, some of it is the team overall but he is not a top goalie.

Oh yeah he’s definitely not some elite goalie, but he’s good. And tbh there’s a lot of ish goaltending in the league, so I’ll take good. 

I love these games up in the far northwest: Vancouver, Seattle, Calgary, and Edmonton.  I'd love to go on a road trip to each of these cities some year.

They played flat but it was a back to back game on a west coast swing after beating Vancouver. Honestly I’m happy they were able to get a point out of it. Moves us up to second in the division. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bill said:

They played flat but it was a back to back game on a west coast swing after beating Vancouver. Honestly I’m happy they were able to get a point out of it. Moves us up to second in the division. 

After the 1st period they were outplayed from that point on. Couldn’t get any offense going and you can tell they were tired. I’m happy with another point gained

5 hours ago, Bill said:

Road West games always happy if they can at least get a point out of it