Who’s the boss reboot!

DBW

It’s back!  In production now.  Sam is a single mom, tony is tony, they’re in the same house.  Mona is dead.  That’s about all I know, but should be fun to watch. 

• Haha 1

I'll bite if Danza just says 'AN-JUH-LAH' one more time. Always sounded like Frank Stallone trying to have a very drunken threesome with a bunch of syllables. 

Topic with no link = fail.

https://deadline.com/2020/08/whos-the-boss-sequel-series-tony-danza-alyssa-milano-sony-pictures-television-1203004101/

The new show will take place 30 years after the events of the original series, centered around former Major League Baseball player/retired housekeeper Tony Micelli and his relationship with his daughter Samantha Micelli. She is now a single mother, living in the house the original series was set in. In line with Norman Lear’s classic shows, the new comedy will explore generational differences, as well as opposing world views and parenting styles within the dynamic of a modern family in 2020.

Original cast members Judith Light (Angela) and Danny Pintauro (Jonathan) are supportive of the new series, and the hope is to find creative ways to work them and their characters into the show. The cast remains very close to this day. The other standout cast member, Katherine Helmond (Mona), passed away on February 23, 2019.

Angela's Ad agency is still around, but she has become her mother's daughter, has a light drinking problem and sleeps around a lot with local college boys much to Tony's displeasure.  Jonathan is an "out there" flamboyant fashion designer who's company has been taken from him and has been forced to move back in with Sam's family after an unspoken scandal.   

Can't wait to hear Sam give Tony drunk lectures about Trump, the patriarchy and feminism.

• Haha 2

If it's long haired Alyssa Milano then I'd take a peek at a few episodes at least.  If it's short haired Alyssa Milano then I'll pass.

18 hours ago, homerpat said:

Hard Pass. Did you guys watch Fuller House too?

You should! Stephanie tanner has serious boobs now.  

On 8/7/2020 at 2:30 PM, DBW said:

You should! Stephanie tanner has serious boobs now.  

I can google her and not suffer through the rest 

I'm confused why this needs a reboot.  We already have the definitive answer to the question who's the boss.... it's Angela.

The 30 things and people Abed Nadir is. – TeeveeTalker

• Like 3

Could be an interesting dynamic if Sam’s a single mom, because Jonathan is the father, but dumped her when he admitted he’s ghey, and they all live together, with Sam being bitter and angry.  Of course, Hollywood being Hollywood, Sam would be uber accepting and happy for Jonathan, and it would be portrayed as the healthiest environment imaginable for their child.

On 8/8/2020 at 11:46 PM, 20Safety_Hazards said:

I'm confused why this needs a reboot.  We already have the definitive answer to the question who's the boss.... it's Angela.

The 30 things and people Abed Nadir is. – TeeveeTalker

LOL - Outstanding yet just obscure enough reference!  

On 8/8/2020 at 11:25 PM, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Is Johnathan in it?  If so, I’ll pass.  Hated that kid.  Almost as much as Sam from Different Strokes.  

I hated him even more in the movie "Cujo" whiny little beech

40 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

I didn’t realize he was in that.  Don’t remember much about that movie.  But in the least shocking news ever.  The actor is into dudes.  He’s on the left.  That’s his pitcher...errr husband.  They alternate at playing the "Boss”.  

B7FD006C-0102-4EF7-83B7-81E2FBC4B927.jpeg

Workout off buddies

• Haha 1