Final Fantasy Titles

Agent23

I will have to copy and paste my review/thoughts from the other board tomorrow when back at my computer. 

1. Game of the year.

2. F SE for making us wait another two years for FF7R Part 2.

3. Yes, retelling a different story than OG FF7 is fine.

Yadda yadda yadda...

I really enjoyed the game as a whole and appreciated how they fleshed out the story. A few things were interesting decisions, like having having Cloud go with Jessie (third-wheeled by Biggs and Wedge) to go do an explosives raid because she felt responsible for the massive explosion of the reactor. I recall the second reactor in in the original, where Pres Shinra comes on the video screen to address our party before that robot boss arrives... I guess that scene in the original may have involved Shinra not trying to stop AVALANCHE so that they could make them public enemy #1 and gain sympathy from the public towards Shinra. This game taking that concept and doubling down on Heidegger and Co. actually increasing the damage themselves was a nice spin on that, and further gives validity to the Sector 7 plate drop.

That being said... it was weird to have a motorbike ride with the AVALANCHE underlings and all that... which introduced a new SOLDIER antagonist... who literally is only in Chapter 4 never to been seen or heard from again. It's sort of like they came up with new ways to expand on the story, that being one....and then just forgot they added it or had no way to incorporate him back into the original story timeline of events, so he only shows up in "deleted scenes" section of this game.

The Dementors were very confusing, since early on it seemed like only Cloud saw them, and then just Cloud and Aerith... then in like Chapter 5 in Sector 7 the entire group, AND the town's population all see them. Their appearances from then on out were really only isolated to Cloud (like the Sector 6 church with Aerith) and other things, so it was an "addition" I never fully followed along with or understood. After I beat the game, saw this video and makes so much more sense now

Sort of like the MCU just did with Endgame and the "time travel" that was not really time travel, the original 1997 game is a "timeline" of events/actions/decisions that played out. This game... whether it's the identical timeline or a parallel timelines, has instances where character choices or actions differ significantly from  the original game, and would lead to completely different result playing out (example: Aerith falling from the top of the Church has her getting captured by Reno instead of escaping on the roofs with Cloud). 

When Barret died, I was like OH SHI*****!!! They are taking some big liberties with the story all of a sudden (also, my brain immediately went to the original game, which I re-played 2-3 months ago, to which I realized Barret really had ZERO bearing on anything that happened once we left Midgar... Like, in Kalm I think he gets Cloud to tell the flashback story of Sephiroth and when they went to Nibelheim... but anyone else could have done that and other that the Corral Desert prison with Marlene's biological father and backstory to Barret getting his gun arm.... a section that isn't crucial to the plot.... nothing else in the game really requires Barret to be present?)

Then of course the Dementors brought him back like this was The Rise of Skywalker.. which is fine. But basically from then on, everyone breaks all the timeline actions of the original so now we have splintered the space/time continuum so to speak. Zack should have died loooong before this game started, as there is noway Cloud goes from being Mako coma near-death to doing the Reactor 1 bombing mission without a large gap of time in between. So is time a flat circle like my many Matthew McConaughey tells us, and did them breaking the timeline at the end of this game somehow effect past events? Did it open a "portal" to the alternate timeline that looks like it will allow Zack to enter the story? Some of those seemed like inter-cut flashbacks, but towards the end all the Dementors swarming Shinra HQ at the end of this game looked like was going on simultaneously off in the distance as Zack encountered the Sinra battalion outside of Midgar...

Either way, I really enjoyed the things that were re-skinning of the original, the things that were subtle call backs to the original (like the Wall Market people you see with Johnny but aren't going though to get all of Cloud's wardrobe items, and a lot of the new things.

Seeing that video and having it maybe clarify what was going on at the end... after 50 hours (and counting as I trophy hunt) of re-living the original story, I am very optimistic to getting all sorts of NEW story throughout all the familiar towns and locations of the original. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally started chapter 5 hard mode after like a week break. PRAY materia is a must-have lol

Made airbuster hard my bish. Had 2 characters with 0 MP at the end of the battle, but still took that **** out first try! :flex: 

Reno battle is like right after that. Man did I whoop arse on that with the quickness. Punisher Mode, hold block, and counter stance as your ability. Throw in a cure now and again if need be. 

First Hard battle Rude pushed my ish in after like 60 seconds. First KO in hard I think. Second attempt I took him. 

CH10 Hard completed 

Through 12

At 73 hours :lol: 

FF7 Remake Part 2 is in planning stages. No development yet. We probably won't see it until 2023.

52 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

FF7 Remake Part 2 is in planning stages. No development yet. We probably won't see it until 2023.

As much as I would take the game next week, I'm sure 3 years will breeze by all things considered. Hell, it wasn't until the first real trailer of this came out (that re-created the opening cinematic) and I was like "oh, I remember them doing a tech demo of this years ago" that people thought was a sneak peak at a remake (Square/Sony immediately came out to clarify there was no game, just using a memorable FF7 as inspiration to show off new tech).

THAT TECH DEMO WAS TO SHOW OFF THE PS3!!! THAT CAME OUT LIKE FIFTEEN!!!! YEARS AGO!!!!

Ch14 finished. Some of the next few sections I recall being a bit troublesome in the first play through... hopefully my skills are fine tuned enough at this point to not have any trouble. I think I’ve had to do 2 or 3 boss fights multiple times. One took at least 5 attempts. The other (I think two?) were just two attempt. I may have died more times fighting a random swarm of 6 enemies in hard mode than I’ve died in boss fights lol 

I feel like I'm the only one playing this. There is a battle arena/simulator, and the last/final one is a gauntlet of like 5 Summons and then one additional boss. Kept falling short on the final Summon last night and gave it a go during lunch. Had the final summon Summon down to the last 5-10% of its health, and mid-battle it calls forth another Summon (with an elemental-armor pairing, the 2nd Summon would heal Cloud with its attacks). Well, the primary Summon killed Cloud, only one of my 2 remaining characters had enough MP left to revive him, had them case that, but they were attacked in the middle of it so it didn't go through. Then they got killed before their ATB increased enough for an additional casting, and my other character just got 2-on-1'd to the death... From what I understand the final boss after I beat that round is pretty light work in comparison, so now I will spend the rest of the afternoon bummed. 

26 mins to beat that damn final simulator battle 

Chapter 17 Hard, completed. I swear there was like half a dozen boss fights in that damn chapter. Painful af when you can’t restore MP at all... one more to go... not sure I have it in me this late. 

I can finally go to bed!!!

72C22516-755B-4579-B21A-EC0A6E6BC278.jpeg

• Like 1

I sent my PS4 Pro to a buddy in Brooklyn so he could play it. Someone left the door unlocked and stole it this week. 🤮

43 minutes ago, mayanh8 said:

I sent my PS4 Pro to a buddy in Brooklyn so he could play it. Someone left the door unlocked and stole it this week. 🤮

Aka he stole it on you and blaming it on someone else. You should kick his arse!

i has an uncharted 4 slim PS4 bundle as a se one system and let a buddy outside of DC borrow it. He picked it up at my house, drove to Maryland, and then drove it back to my house. 

On 5/6/2020 at 9:57 PM, Agent23 said:

CFD2B7B2-2BCA-48D9-95F7-7CEF1D70D874.png

My dope was like why does this FF creature look identical to the GoW World Serpent:facepalm:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

My dope was like why does this FF creature look identical to the GoW World Serpent:facepalm:

The world serpent is muuuuuch friendlier lol 

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Just noticed d u m b a s s is censored to dope. Why?

I won’t complain to @VaBeach_Eagle or the others who did a great job on their own person time to help us retain a message board, but so much of the censorship was because the EMB was owned by the Philadelphia Eagles organization and wanted it to be a 13+ age friendly space. 

I hear arse, sheet, bish, barstard, deek, and other stuff on regular cable allll the time. Hell, even FX which is owned by Fox which is owned by Disney is dropping F bombs on shows like Atlanta and Dave regularly. Mr. Robot was dropping F bombs every week on USA

I’m watching Michael Jordan drop F bombs left and right and calling his teammate a "ho” on ESPN as I type this. 

I think this independent space that the board is now operated should be able to remove a lot of the sensors. Maybe "hate crime” words like the infamous ****ot! can stay blocked because of common human decency, but most everything else is so commonplace now 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

I won’t complain to @VaBeach_Eagle or the others who did a great job on their own person time to help us retain a message board, but so much of the censorship was because the EMB was owned by the Philadelphia Eagles organization and wanted it to be a 13+ age friendly space. 

I hear arse, sheet, bish, barstard, deek, and other stuff on regular cable allll the time. Hell, even FX which is owned by Fox which is owned by Disney is dropping F bombs on shows like Atlanta and Dave regularly. Mr. Robot was dropping F bombs every week on USA

I’m watching Michael Jordan drop F bombs left and right and calling his teammate a "ho” on ESPN as I type this. 

I think this independent space that the board is now operated should be able to remove a lot of the sensors. Maybe "hate crime” words like the infamous ****ot! can stay blocked because of common human decency, but most everything else is so commonplace now 

I agree. It's not just premium channels anymore. Basic cable channels are using every curse word available now