Wong’s First Money League Team

Shepard Wong

Had my draft for the first of my two money leagues.  This is a 12 team standard league.  QBs went ridiculously early and I probably waited too long to grab one. Same with TE.  Otherwise, I really like my roster.  spacer.png

829A23B8-302C-462C-AD2A-08F8DC4571DA.jpeg

B7727C59-4B22-4BD6-AE3F-AC52F3EA3495.jpeg

chubb, henry, golladay is a really good start to a draft. like you said, qb could be an issue.  te...meh....if you don't pick one of the top 5, it's a crapshoot anyway. 

8 hours ago, EaglesFan said:

I may be in the minority, but I actually really like Stafford this season.

I do too. After Mahomes/Lamar Jackson, Stafford could be right up there with any of the next 10 QBs in the draft. He's got a cannon arm and weapons to throw to. Good chance to break 4000+ yards. He doesn't excite you running the ball, but neither do Brees nor Brady, who you might pick ahead of Stafford. You'll want a good backup though, Stafford missed half the season injured last year. Minshew is scary. You're hoping he's got to chuck the ball playing from behind, racking up garbage time points, kind of like Fitzpatrick last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toolg said:

I do too. After Mahomes/Lamar Jackson, Stafford could be right up there with any of the next 10 QBs in the draft. He's got a cannon arm and weapons to throw to. Good chance to break 4000+ yards. He doesn't excite you running the ball, but neither do Brees nor Brady, who you might pick ahead of Stafford. You'll want a good backup though, Stafford missed half the season injured last year. Minshew is scary. You're hoping he's got to chuck the ball playing from behind, racking up garbage time points, kind of like Fitzpatrick last year.

This was my thinking on Minshew and I agree on your points about Stafford.  I think Minshew will run for about 500 yds and be chucking the ball all game long with that awful defense.   My preference with Stafford is to have him paired with another starting caliber QB and playing the schedule for who starts week to week.   Lamar Jackson went with the second pick and and Mahomes went later in the first.  It was crazy how early the QBs were going.  I think because of COVID, people were grabbing 3 QBs, which I didn't really expect.  I figure if my young RBs pop, I can move one for a quality QB.

how long did you wait for stafford in this one?  i have my draft on sunday & i'm considering waiting way late & loading up on rb/wr instead. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

how long did you wait for stafford in this one?  i have my draft on sunday & i'm considering waiting way late & loading up on rb/wr instead. 

I got Stafford in the 10th round.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

What spot are you picking in?

I picked 7th and going RB/RB in the first two rounds then loading up on WRs plus a upside RBs in rounds 3-8 worked out well for me.  

Just now, Shepard Wong said:

What spot are you picking in?

I picked 7th and going RB/RB in the first two rounds then loading up on WRs plus a upside RBs in rounds 3-8 worked out well for me.  

1st in a 12 teamer. 

Just now, downundermike said:

McCaffrey ??  

well, yeah. :lol:  

i'm a little concerned about my rb2 & started a thread about it.  doing a mock right now & 15 rb's were off the board before my 2nd round pick.   

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

well, yeah. :lol:  

i'm a little concerned about my rb2 & started a thread about it.  doing a mock right now & 15 rb's were off the board before my 2nd round pick.   

It is a crap year to be 1st the way the board falls.  I would go Golladay and Mahomes at the turn 

Just now, downundermike said:

It is a crap year to be 1st the way the board falls.  I would go Golladay and Mahomes at the turn 

my rb2 gonna be doo-doo though. :sad:   

5 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

my rb2 gonna be doo-doo though. :sad:   

Yeah, but is there anyone worth it at that spot.  I say no.  Plus you can grab a Hyde or Benny Snell late who could easily be RB 2 sooner rather than later.  Cason always misses time, and Conner falling out of favor according to reports.

Unless you get lucky and a quality RB falls, you'll probably have to go WR/QB, WR/TE, or maybe see if you are comfortable taking Conner or Carson at the turn.  

In my draft, the one spot grabbed McCaffrey, Kittle, and Hopkins after the first turn.  He passed on Carson who went in the next couple picks.  4 other RBs went in round 2: Gordon, Bell, Ingram, and Johnson.  He ended up waiting until 4-5 turn and grabbing Mostert as his RB 2.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Yeah, but is there anyone worth it at that spot.  I say no.  Plus you can grab a Hyde or Benny Snell late who could easily be RB 2 sinner rather than later.  Cason always misses time, and Conner falling out of favor according to reports.

i can't disagree with that.  unless someone unexpected falls, i'd be picking a rb projected to go in the late 30's/early 40's with pick 24 or 25. :meh: 

1 minute ago, mr_hunt said:

i can't disagree with that.  unless someone unexpected falls, i'd be picking a rb projected to go in the late 30's/early 40's with pick 24 or 25. :meh: 

Agreed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Shepard Wong said:

Unless you get lucky and a quality RB falls, you'll probably have to go WR?QB, WR/TE, or maybe see if you are comfortable taking Conner or Carson at the turn.  

In my draft, the one spot grabbed McCaffrey, Kittle, and Hopkins after the first turn.  He passed on Carson who went in the next couple picks.  4 other RBs went in round 2: Gordon, Bell, Ingram, and Johnson.  He ended up waiting until 4-5 turn and grabbing Mostert as his RB 2.

i guess having mccaffrey would help cover for having a weak rb2.  that seems to be where i'm headed if a rb doesn't fall to 24/25.  i could potentially start off with mccaffrey/galloday/mahommes or mccaffrey/galloday/kittle. 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

Plus there’s quite a group of running backs in the 45 to 60 range, So if you take Mahomes at the turn, people are gonna freak out and start drafting quarterbacks and push other players down the board

Drafted another team from the 7 spot in my neighborhood league. This one is PPR so I switched up the backs I took 1 and 2. Pretty happy with the team.

BE56FDC3-97E0-4A9A-BEE8-6FA5E02D842B.jpeg

1FBB5D1E-6C9F-44B7-ABEE-44F1B00B5734.jpeg