Really Don’t Know What The Eagles Are Doing

Runtherock

Second round pick on a quarterback who will sit, maybe won’t even be active. Declined the option of the team’s leader and best safety. Resolve to play the team’s left tackle at right guard while your best non-injured right guard will play left tackle, thereby endangering your fragile franchise quarterback. And  to top it all off—low ball the franchise quarterback’s favorite target and the team’s most productive offensive weapon—the Pro Bowl tight end. Its like a crazy person has taken over. What. The. Hell. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I don't agree with the Hurts draft pick, but they weren't counting on Dillard going down. But, I do think they should've addressed the OL a little more than they did.  I still think they are probably negotiating with Peters behind closed doors. I will be very surprised if they risk Wentz's health by starting Pryor at LT. I just don't see it.  Jenkins was getting too old...wanted more money...and getting a little too confrontational. Lurie is supportive of social justice causes, but Jenkins goes to the Saints and immediately calls Brees out publicly instead of keeping it behind closed doors.  I'm guessing the Eagles saw signs that he was getting a little too adversarial and most organizations have a comfort limit of what they feel is acceptable vs. what might be a little too inflammatory.

• Like 4

My guess is that if Pryor does his best Winston Justice impression in week 1 then a new Peters contract will be signed before the weekend is over.

7 hours ago, mr_irie1 said:

My guess is that if Pryor does his best Winston Justice impression in week 1 then a new Peters contract will be signed before the weekend is over.

I'm hoping the Doug P regime knows better than to let Winston Justice II take place.Having an extra player helping out the LT isn't great but it'd be better than having Wentz getting sacked 12 times or whatever it was.

Revenue is down so Howie is just watching his costs, probably like most business owners.  Like the Hurts pick (cheap) to hedge agains Wentz going down again.  They should pay JP a bit more since he is still pretty good, not great.  And $15 million for Ertz seems rich with Goedert waiting in the wings.  Just my two cents but unless Ertz takes a Howie special, he's probably moving on.

• Like 2

Yea the Hurts pick was terrible, but the rest was hard to predict in a year with so much uncertainty. 

I thought the Oline was in a pretty decent situation even after Brooks went down. Didn't expect JP to demand more money. Hopefully, Pryor has more potential than the camp notes make it seem. 

Team was getting really old, so while I like Jenkins I can understand why they went away from paying an older player. 

Giving Ertz what the market says is a total no-brainer.   This is a huge f@#k-up on their part.

Hurts was just another case of trying to be too smart, bad move.

Jenkins was crappy last year, that didn't bother me at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JP HOF said:

Giving Ertz what the market says is a total no-brainer.   This is a huge f@#k-up on their part.

Is it a no brainer? Why? I actually think moving on from him is the hardest decision but also the right now. This team is in cap hell, got to start making moves. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Runtherock said:

Second round pick on a quarterback who will sit, maybe won’t even be active. Declined the option of the team’s leader and best safety. Resolve to play the team’s left tackle at right guard while your best non-injured right guard will play left tackle, thereby endangering your fragile franchise quarterback. And  to top it all off—low ball the franchise quarterback’s favorite target and the team’s most productive offensive weapon—the Pro Bowl tight end. Its like a crazy person has taken over. What. The. Hell. 

Hey RTR, nice to see you back around with your unique brand of optimism. I’d expect nothing less. 

Since they apparently can't sign him, trading Zack Ertz is the no brainer. He'll command good value.

• Like 3

The shoe fits, the shoe fits...

Haven't been this pessimistic abut a a season since Chip Kelly's last season.

• Like 2

People have to understand that if Jenkins was the leader of the secondary, then the pass defense being atrocious falls at his feet.  He was really just a glorified OLB last season; how many long pass plays did he break up or prevent last season?  Zero

Peters wasn’t very good last season at LT — too old, out of shape, and slow.  Find a young guy that can take over and be able to make an informed decision who the LT will be going forward — it isn’t Peters

Ertz will very likely price himself out of Philly at the end of this season — get used to the idea.  Kittle and Kelce are both on a stratosphere above Ertz; they can make plays after the catch where Ertz is basically a catch and fall-in-place TE who can’t block

Hurts will be worth the pick if he has to go in late season or playoffs and win a game to extend the season — which is a real possibility.  It’s better than not having a #2 QB, and Sudfeld is pretty much like not having a #2 QB

Not to mention not going after talent when the best teams like the Ravens Chiefs 49ers are stacked 

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Since they apparently can't sign him, trading Zack Ertz is the no brainer. He'll command good value.

Yes his best value might be this weekend with 2 years left on his contract

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Since they apparently can't sign him, trading Zack Ertz is the no brainer. 

Ain't gonna happen, you need an Act of Congress to get rid of fan favorites in Philadelphia.......I've seen it too many times.   

1 minute ago, EagleVA said:

Ain't gonna happen, you need an Act of Congress to get rid of fan favorites in Philadelphia.......I've seen it too many times.   

Right now it is really 50/50 by fans to keep and let go. Its more on him being a fav of Lurie and Howie

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Right now it is really 50/50 by fans to keep and let go. Its more on him being a fav of Lurie and Howie

Well being that Howie wasn't willing to go into the top 3 pay for Ertz I would say they at least don't like him enough to eff up the team further. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

That would make it 99/1 by fans to keep because Lurie and Howie are fans also.

On 9/4/2020 at 12:55 AM, Runtherock said:

Howie must have watched the movie "Ready Player One." It's like the car race starting- everyone takes off- but the Eagles hit reverse as hard as they can instead of 1st gear.

I just want to take a moment to give props to our head coach. Despite his talent evaluators giving him a factory of lemons he’s still found ways to win. Despite losing his MVP caliber QB he still won the Super Bowl. Despite losing quality coaches he’s still made the playoffs. Despite his injuries lists looking longer than CVS receipts he keeps on making the playoffs. When Doug was first hired I admit I wasn’t too excited about it, but I have to say the man gets the most out of his players and he finds ways to fight through adversity. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2020 at 2:55 PM, Runtherock said:

Second round pick on a quarterback who will sit, maybe won’t even be active. 

Oh dont worry, Hurts will be active, Wentz wont make it past the whole season... He will miss at least 5-6 games imo

I’ve been saying it for years, Howie is terrible at evaluating talent and it will catch up to him. You can’t rely on trades and free agency to build a team.