Jump to content
T-1000

Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well if it comes to that then you tell him hey, it’s either Chicago, or you come back here to be Hurts backup. You choose. Guarantee he’d change his tune about going to the Bears at that point. I can’t see his ego handling being a backup. 

Yes that's an option. 

If they haven't done that yet, perhaps they are trying to be respectful and work through it rather than strong arm Carson. Or hold out for Colts to increase offer. A lot of ifs and guesses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NOTW said:

Yes that's an option. 

If they haven't done that yet, perhaps they are trying to be respectful and work through it rather than strong arm Carson. Or hold out for Colts to increase offer. A lot of ifs and guesses.

Understood. But if Carson really is holding up a trade to Chicago (rumors so we don’t know for sure, I acknowledge that) then it is him trying to strong arm the organization. If that is happening, and continues, then it’s only a matter or time before the FO changes their approach. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Swoop said:

Not supporting Wentz at all, moron.

The point was, because clearly you're not getting it, Wentz in 2019 (who many people have complained about) is likely a better player than Hurts will ever be. Hurts ceiling is low.

It has nothing to do with where Wentz is, what team he's going to, how his play has dropped off, his mechanics, what we can expect from him moving forward, etc.

It is quite literally Jalen Hurts will likely never be even that level of QB.

The post was a slight of Jalen Hurts, not a pat on the back of Carson Wentz.

Did I talk slowly enough for you?

In all fairness, this is a ridiculous statement to make.  The guy was a rookie and you are saying he won't be a better player than 2019 Wentz and his ceiling is low?  Not all rookies are going to look like Justin Herbert.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nipples said:

Understood. But if Carson really is holding up a trade to Chicago (rumors so we don’t know for sure, I acknowledge that) then it is him trying to strong arm the organization. If that is happening, and continues, then it’s only a matter or time before the FO changes their approach. 

Right at some point the negotiations aren't going anywhere and the Eagles don't want to pay the roster bonus then something has to give. Do they take the Colts offer with less draft compensation?  Say forget it, keep Carson and he can ride the bench and lower his trade value further, and lower his free agency value?  This option might hurt the Eagles reputation as well, I don't know.  Or does Carson get convinced to make nice with the Bears and be all in so he can go somewhere else and in 2 years if he's unhappy he can try to sign somewhere else.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NOTW said:

Say forget it, keep Carson and he can ride the bench and lower his trade value further, and lower his free agency value?

I think this would be the dumbest of all of the dumb Howie moves. I mean can you imagine? I also think it is likely to be what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Thing3 said:

Why does it have to be the Eagles over-rated the market for Wentz? Maybe Wentz over-rated the market and the options he would have.

Huh?  Wentz can't trade himself and he doesn't care what compensation they get back.  He wants to go where he wants to go.  The Eagles saw the Goff/Stafford deal and thought they could do something similar with Wentz.  They were wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

I only just spotted it precisely because I don't live on the message board, whereas you spotted my reply straight away, and also you don't know what emojis mean so I can add dumb to hypocritical.

I suggest a mutual ignore. 

Ok. I am accused of the inability to decipher internet icons. I am now banished to the nether regions of the Macroverse. Good by, message board peeps- it's been real. Please KNOW your internet icons, and avoid my fate. 🎈Pennywise says hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think this would be the dumbest of all of the dumb Howie moves. I mean can you imagine? I also think it is likely to be what happens. 

what needs to happen is Chris Ballard (IND GM) needs to stop making this The Chris Ballard Show and meet Howie in the middle/even more toward Howie's asking price. The Eagles are the team with the asset right now. You don't strong arm the team dangling the asset, in this case a QB who in the right situation should still be a decent player. This is a QBs league, the Colts are ready to win now, and this idiot cocky GM wants to come in and steal Wentz for pennies. If he was the only team sure. But he isn't, and Howie can't hold off the Bears for long before they rescind their better offer and move on. 

If that is what IND is hoping for, and what ultimately happens, then we are officially in an ugly, personal stare down. There is no reason why Howie would move this guy before absolutely necessary, (March bonus? After that?). If this GM is fine with waiting until then and having his team makeup hang in limbo all the while, just to protect his history of being a GM tough guy, that's Indy's problem. 

Update: we are seeing just this afternoon that now Big Ben may not be back in PIT. Sure, the longer this goes the more leverage Howie could lose. But Indy can lose leverage too, especially if an AFC win now contender is also now on the hunt for their next franchise QB, who they hope they can slide in and not skip a beat. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why the Eagles don't throw in Ertz to get Indy to make a 2nd into a 1st rounder.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Hawkeye said:

Huh?  Wentz can't trade himself and he doesn't care what compensation they get back.  He wants to go where he wants to go.  The Eagles saw the Goff/Stafford deal and thought they could do something similar with Wentz.  They were wrong. 

He, as rumored, asked for a trade. If the Eagles don't get the compensation they want they don't have to trade him. You're Wentz.....what's your next move??????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't know why the Eagles don't throw in Ertz to get Indy to make a 2nd into a 1st rounder.  

Probably because Indy know that the Eagles are going to have to release him anyway, and so Ertz's value to the Colts is probably hovering around a 5th/6th round pick, purely so they wouldn't have to compete for him in Free Agency...

I can't imagine any scenario where the inclusion of Ertz in any projected deal is enough for the Colts (who are stubbornly sticking to their reported offer, by all accounts) to up their offer to include a 1st round pick...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't know why the Eagles don't throw in Ertz to get Indy to make a 2nd into a 1st rounder.  

I'm sure that conversation has already been had. As I said above, this GM Howie is dealing with loves himself and his history of not blinking, as do all of the Colts fans that I came across on Twitter when searching out certain key words in re: to this trade. There are a lot of fans out there who are misinformed with the Wentz contract (think its multiple years for 100M guaranteed when its in all actuality just a 2 year deal for 48M) and that is creating a lot of hostile conversations re: this ("a 1st for Carson Wentz and that contract? Philly should be adding a 1st to get rid of that thing!").  Obviously the GMs aren't stupid like that, but if thats what his fanbase thinks maybe he wants to stick to his guns and try to fleece Howe as much as possible, so he doesnt get ripped for giving in. 

IDK, if it were me I would want to get the QB in my building ASAP. Get him affiliated with staff and teammates, slide him a playbook, all the stuff you're technically not allowed to do just yet before the new league year starts, but everyone does anyway. Holding this up for multiple weeks, which will turn into a month+ seems petty to me. Give up the 1st and go get your new franchise QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

what needs to happen is Chris Ballard (IND GM) needs to stop making this The Chris Ballard Show and meet Howie in the middle/even more toward Howie's asking price. The Eagles are the team with the asset right now. You don't strong arm the team dangling the asset, in this case a QB who in the right situation should still be a decent player. This is a QBs league, the Colts are ready to win now, and this idiot cocky GM wants to come in and steal Wentz for pennies. If he was the only team sure. But he isn't, and Howie can't hold off the Bears for long before they rescind their better offer and move on. 

If that is what IND is hoping for, and what ultimately happens, then we are officially in an ugly, personal stare down. There is no reason why Howie would move this guy before absolutely necessary, (March bonus? After that?). If this GM is fine with waiting until then and having his team makeup hang in limbo all the while, just to protect his history of being a GM tough guy, that's Indy's problem. 

Update: we are seeing just this afternoon that now Big Ben may not be back in PIT. Sure, the longer this goes the more leverage Howie could lose. But Indy can lose leverage too, especially if an AFC win now contender is also now on the hunt for their next franchise QB, who they hope they can slide in and not skip a beat. 

Ballard’s playing it smart. He knows there’s other QB’s out there and doesn’t want to bid against himself. I would do the same thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Road to Victory said:

Ballard’s playing it smart. He knows there’s other QB’s out there and doesn’t want to bid against himself. I would do the same thing. 

If his coach wants Wentz, he's not playing it too smart.  Eagles are very capable of sitting on their hands or dealing him elsewhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Road to Victory said:

Ballard’s playing it smart. He knows there’s other QB’s out there and doesn’t want to bid against himself. I would do the same thing. 

who's out there? Mariota? Go nuts. 

Press Taylor, Frank Reich, a great defense and offensive line is waiting for Wentz in Indy. Smart playcalling that will protect him from himself. But this GM is going to possibly miss out on that and pivot to the "other QBs" (if I'm OAK I'm not trading either Mariota or Carr to a conference rival without getting a 1)  all to protect his "I don't blink" self image. If I were Jim Irsay I would be getting really annoyed at this point. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JBENT87 said:

who's out there? Mariota? Go nuts. 

Press Taylor, Frank Reich, a great defense and offensive line is waiting for Wentz in Indy. Smart playcalling that will protect him from himself. But this GM is going to possibly miss out on that and pivot to the "other QBs" (if I'm OAK I'm not trading either Mariota or Carr to a conference rival without getting a 1)  all to protect his "I don't blink" self image. If I were Jim Irsay I would be getting really annoyed at this point. 

Who knows what Reich and Indy thinks of Wentz. Maybe they prefer Foles or Jimmy G. I’m sure they’ve discussed Watson & Wilson who would be huge upgrades over Wentz. Then you have free agents like Dak out there. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thing3 said:

He, as rumored, asked for a trade. If the Eagles don't get the compensation they want they don't have to trade him. You're Wentz.....what's your next move??????

Well played.  I’d get on my private jet with a nice rye and Cuban cigars and go somewhere warm...

Oh, you mean football.  He sits tight and watches the Eagles squirm.  They have to move him before the 19th and everyone knows it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hawkeye said:

Well played.  I’d get on my private jet with a nice rye and Cuban cigars and go somewhere warm...

Oh, you mean football.  He sits tight and watches the Eagles squirm.  They have to move him before the 19th and everyone knows it.

Exactly, move now or keep for 2 years and most likely get nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Swoop said:

Yeah, you caught me. Questioning anyone else on the team is an obvious indication that you're a Wentz fanatic. 

Some logic you got there, champ.

So Wentz signed a huge contract with the Eagles with MILLIONS of dollars up front, turns around about a year later and requests a trade, and is also trying to dictate where he ends up in that trade. And some of you dumb Fs wonder why a number of fans are tired of his act and want him gone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, psychodog said:

In all fairness, this is a ridiculous statement to make.  The guy was a rookie and you are saying he won't be a better player than 2019 Wentz and his ceiling is low?  Not all rookies are going to look like Justin Herbert.

I am not basing my criticism of Hurts based on what he did at the NFL level alone. Many of the things I was concerned about prior to him starting (footwork, accuracy, one read and run, ball security) sure enough showed up again as he started. 

As a big NCAA guy, I watched a lot of Hurts in college and was never overly impressed with him. Like I have said in the past, a lot of things that people have killed Wentz for (deservedly), Hurts also does. I would be beyond surprised if Hurts could put up 4000 passing yards and close to 30 TDs passing with the garbage we've had on offense. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, T-1000 said:

So Wentz signed a huge contract with the Eagles with MILLIONS of dollars up front, turns around about a year later and requests a trade, and is also trying to dictate where he ends up in that trade. And some of you dumb Fs wonder why a number of fans are tired of his act and want him gone.

Unsurprisingly, you're completely missing the context, just like the other smooth brain.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

I am not basing my criticism of Hurts based on what he did at the NFL level alone. Many of the things I was concerned about prior to him starting (footwork, accuracy, one read and run, ball security) sure enough showed up again as he started. 

As a big NCAA guy, I watched a lot of Hurts in college and was never overly impressed with him. Like I have said in the past, a lot of things that people have killed Wentz for (deservedly), Hurts also does. I would be beyond surprised if Hurts could put up 4000 passing yards and close to 30 TDs passing with the garbage we've had on offense. 

 

 

So if he doesn’t put up those numbers is it because he has garbage on offense? Or because he’s not good?  Asking for Carson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, DBW said:

So if he doesn’t put up those numbers is it because he has garbage on offense? Or because he’s not good?  Asking for Carson. 

It depends. In this scenario would he often be the worst player on the field, miss open receivers all day, and stand around waiting for sacks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

It depends. In this scenario would he often be the worst player on the field, miss open receivers all day, and stand around waiting for sacks?

Oh man lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, DBW said:

So if he doesn’t put up those numbers is it because he has garbage on offense? Or because he’s not good?  Asking for Carson. 

Why can't it be a combination of the two?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...