Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

5 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Carson said he’s not going to change who he is.

What he actually said and what he was responding to:

A well written article that explains it without the "click-bait" slant: https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/11/09/philadelphia-eagles-carson-wentz-aggressive-nature-wont-change/

He put as much blame on his teammates as he did himself. 

I'd love to see the actual quotes.

He did at least admit in the past he wasn’t always a good teammate yet for some reason that’s just ignored.  

What he actually said:

"It's never fun to read, but to an extent, you look at it and be like, 'Well, if someone did have this perception of me, why? What have I done wrong? What can I get better at?'" he said. "I realize I have my shortcomings. Yes, I can be selfish. I think we all have selfishness inside of us. There's human elements to that, that I really look at and say, 'Well, I can get better.'"

"I'll learn from it and we'll all learn that A, things shouldn't kind of come out the way it did, and B, the pieces that I can learn from it and be a better teammate and player and all that stuff I will grow from," he said. "But other than that, just turn the page."

"You go through the [ACL] injury, and you're just 100 percent determined to get back, that's, like, what my mind is on. And looking back, were there things that maybe I neglected as a teammate and as a friend because I was just so determined and that's all that mattered?" Wentz said.

"I'm 26 years old; my personality, to some extent, ain't going to change," he said. "What's gotten me here, what's gotten me successful, I'm not going to say, 'Oh, now I'm going to have this free-spirited, Cali-guy vibe.' That's just not going to change.

"Any time you're a Type A guy, there's a fine line between being pushy and shove-y and humble and humility and walking that line. Definitely learning to navigate that always and never trying to look down on anybody or make it seem like I'm better than anybody. But at the same time, as a Type A, so to speak, confident person that's confident in off-the-field things and then on the field with what we like, that's not going to change. That's not going to go anywhere. I think that's something that is a positive if used correctly."  

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another report today about Carson apparently being uncoachable. It's really not a good look for him whether it's true or not. Too many of these reports. 

One question I have. If Press and Carson are so buddy-buddy, what makes people think Wentz is going to be happy that Press is likely gone? Also wouldn’t Carson be happy if Press was promoted to OC? 

Regarding the article, Wentz continues to look like a fragile person. Everything needs to be perfect for him and when things aren’t he tucks tail and pitches a fit. I don’t like him much at all, he needs to make a lot of changes.

4 minutes ago, Mrkingofspades said:

One question I have. If Press and Carson are so buddy-buddy, what makes people think Wentz is going to be happy that Press is likely gone? Also wouldn’t Carson be happy if Press was promoted to OC? 

Regarding the article, Wentz continues to look like a fragile person. Everything needs to be perfect for him and when things aren’t he tucks tail and pitches a fit. I don’t like him much at all, he needs to make a lot of changes.

Fragile is a nice way to put it.

He is abhorrent. He’d probably be tolerable if he was actually good but he’s not.

Wentz just has to go at this point.  It is not worth the long shot of trying to salvage his career.  If they are doing the rebuild then commit to a complete rebuild.  Trade Wentz and then either roll with Hurts or trade Hurts as well and go QB in the first.  

He has all the characteristics according to reports you don’t need in a QB. He is being a whiner and pouter. Hard to support a guy like him and freaking Lurie is cajoling him. If u want a new Coach and a good one let him pick his QB and not force wentz to him just because the moron Howie paid him. Am sad to see Doug go - will support him any day over **** bag wentz. 

33 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

I just think that's such a fundamental error on their part. Look if a HC wants to try and fix Wentz then fine let them make that decision. But don't bring a guy in for an interview and tell him you want Carson to be back and he essentially needs to fix him. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I just think that's such a fundamental error on their part. Look if a HC wants to try and fix Wentz then fine let them make that decision. But don't bring a guy in for an interview and tell him you want Carson to be back and he essentially needs to fix him. 

I only get it from a financial perspective.

Dear Lord, here is a recent piece from Gowton discussing how insubordinate and I coach able Wentz is.  If there is any truth to this, he needs to go.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/16/22234425/carson-wentz-report-details-eagles-quarterback-uncoachable-insubordinate-nfl-doug-pederson-news-qb

At this point, there is too much smoke for there not to be any fire. That doesn't mean everything ever written has to be true, but even a small percentage at this point is worrisome. I wasn't hellbent on keeping him or running him out of town, but at this point, I'm warming up more and more to just moving on as soon as possible. Rip the band-aid off.

3 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

But DeFilippo though... I agree that he doesnt like to be challenged, thats why press stuck around. But, not every coach is going to put up with his bull sh!t

He got benched (finally) for it last year, and according to some (people more in the know than the EMB people who swear everyone who dares say something critical about Carson is a liar) the team chose the player over the coach. In my opinion there hasn’t been enough accountability played on this player. I mean if you’re going to be an alleged jerk or even if you ASSume everyone loves the guy at least go out there and play well. Certainly guys have down seasons, but rarely do the fall off a cliff like this guy did.

23 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Dear Lord, here is a recent piece from Gowton discussing how insubordinate and I coach able Wentz is.  If there is any truth to this, he needs to go.

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/1/16/22234425/carson-wentz-report-details-eagles-quarterback-uncoachable-insubordinate-nfl-doug-pederson-news-qb

But the apologists keep ignoring all this stuff. It keeps piling on. At this point even the staunchest defender of Wentz has to say there’s too much stuff coming out to act like this guy has no issues. The no MVP 2017 season still dancing in their heads. He’s so far removed from that now. 

1 hour ago, Thrive said:

Fragile is a nice way to put it.

He is abhorrent. He’d probably be tolerable if he was actually good but he’s not.

This.  Teams can put up with a diva as long as they are producing at a high level.

No one is going to put up with a diva who is stinking out the joint.

23 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

This.  Teams can put up with a diva as long as they are producing at a high level.

No one is going to put up with a diva who is stinking out the joint.

I wonder if there even is a market for this guy. NFL people know what Carson is. I was never convinced that Reich was chomping at the bit to get his hands on Carson either. If you’re going to be an uncoachable headache at least go out there and play like a top five quarterback and not a bottom five quarterback. 

6 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I wonder if there even is a market for this guy. NFL people know what Carson is. I was never convinced the Reich was chomping at the bit to get his hands on Carson either. If you’re going to be an uncoachable headache at least go out there and play like a top five quarterback and not a bottom five quarterback. 

Yeah.  I fear that we're going to bring him back, solely because no other team wants him.  We may be stuck w/this albatross for 1-2 more years.

11 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

Yeah.  I fear that we're going to bring him back, solely because no other team wants him.  We may be stuck w/this albatross for 1-2 more years.

Seems like all the more reason to fire Howie. They went up to get Wentz, won the SB without him, and haven’t come close to sniffing one since 2017. On top of that he gave Carson all this money, but he also messed with his fragile ego by drafting another quarterback. Howie does not get nearly enough blame for the troubles this team has had since 2017. 

According to Tommy's latest piece on his gig, Wentz's problem is he is not receptive to hard coaching.  Unless he is able to change this mindset or a QB/OC coach who will get his respect, chances are he won't be better next season.  His own career will suffer because of it, and the team suffer along with him.

People on Reddit or Twittter, I can't remember, were speculating that it was Peters who went to the coaches about benching Wentz. If that's true wow, he's got some stones considering his level of play.

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I only get it from a financial perspective.

And to me that is a way to be a bad team for a long time. I'm not saying we will be but that's the kind of approach that puts teams in that position. 

These articles are pretty hard to take seriously. They're all from other reporters that heard from unnamed sources. Conspiracy theories are based on the lack of information or a person's distrust of information. In these situations, people begin to create their own narratives of the situation to fit their perspective. Wentz haters start to buy into the story that he must be un-coachable. While on the flip side, others will point out that there are teams that want him and he was successful with Frank, so Pederson must have been the problem. 

Until I hear it from actual coaches or players, then everything is taken with a grain of salt. This applies to every report, not just Wentz ones. 

There have been so many false rumors the past year that the Philly media can kiss my ass, period. I don't believe 95% of the shi* they try to throw at us. I was born in Philly. If I was a pro player, I would not want to play in front of Philly's NegadelphiA Media. I wouldn't want to coach here, either. I would play/coach for the fans alone, but screw the media. When speaking to the media as that player or coach, every answer I gave to them would just be a joke- I would drive them crazy by never giving a serious answer and screwing with them, know what they really are. F them. Philly has THE WORSE bunch of media rats (including sports radio) in the entire leagues, all cities included. It's embarrassing. 

Lost out on the good coaching candidates and now are left with the scrubs cause they are forcing Wentz on them.

Archived