Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

6 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Seems like all the more reason to fire Howie. They went up to get Wentz, won the SB without him, and haven’t come close to sniffing one since 2017. On top of that he gave Carson all this money, but he also messed with his fragile ego by drafting another quarterback. Howie does not get nearly enough blame for the troubles this team has had since 2017. 

Everyone agrees with this except the blind guy who unfortunately owns the team we all will die for. So so crass. Howie should have been canned 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if Wentz is not traded, he better play light out with the new coaching staff, or he will get turned into minced meat if he stinks it up again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

No more excuses for Cry Baby Wentz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wentz doesn't talk to the media. So said media gets all pissy and starts writing hit pieces on him. I wouldn't talk to the vultures if I were him either. He should Jake Voracek them. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Wentz doesn't talk to the media. So said media gets all pissy and starts writing hit pieces on him. 

Why are you posting on this threat, this is the Wentz hater cry fest chat. Your not suppose to be here. Not even to support Wentz. Let them have their threat all to themselves. 

4 hours ago, kentwo said:

Until I hear it from actual coaches or players, then everything is taken with a grain of salt

Exactly. If you want to run to the media about someone, have the balls to put your name behind it. 

3 hours ago, Talonblood said:

the Philly media can kiss my ass, period

Did you happen to catch the Flyers post game press conference? Lol. I love Voracek. 

4 hours ago, Vlad67 said:

If only half of it is true we are screwed for the next few years no matter who the HC will be

Not necessarily. I mean it’s sad if Carson is not receptive to coaching from everyone but it shows they just need to hire the right guy to coach Carson. Someone who will call him out when he makes a mistake and not accept his excuses.

1 hour ago, Uscg-green said:

Did you happen to catch the Flyers post game press conference? Lol. I love Voracek. 

I missed it- going to go look for it.

1 minute ago, Talonblood said:

I missed it- going to go look for it.

Voracek called out a certain Inquirer reporter. Called him a weasel. Lol

3 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Voracek called out a certain Inquirer reporter. Called him a weasel. Lol

Hahahahah- yeah!! A player said exactly how I feel about some of these scum balls. Damn, he trashed his a**!!

23 hours ago, Penn7980 said:

According to Tommy's latest piece on his gig, Wentz's problem is he is not receptive to hard coaching.  Unless he is able to change this mindset or a QB/OC coach who will get his respect, chances are he won't be better next season.  His own career will suffer because of it, and the team suffer along with him.

There’s a drive in special players to want to be more regardless. That’s the difference between good and elite. This guy is coming off like one who seems to think he’s the smartest guy in the room and no one knows better than him. No wonder why Howie loves him so much. 🙄 There’s something to be said about a player and his drive to be the best. I don’t even think the great Bill Walsh could fix this guy. 

They're stuck with the cap hit, so they're stuck with him-and they won't hire anybody who doesn't have what they perceive as a viable plan to correct all his faults.

To all the Wentz haters creaming themselves over all the hit pieces coming out answer me this. If Wentz was as bad to Doug as these hatchet jobs claim then why isn't Doug confirming any of it now that he's not an Eagle? What has he to lose?

19 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

To all the Wentz haters creaming themselves over all the hit pieces coming out answer me this. If Wentz was as bad to Doug as these hatchet jobs claim then why isn't Doug confirming any of it now that he's not an Eagle? What has he to lose?

I'm not a Wentz hater, and I don't buy into all the reports that come out from unnamed sources.  But I think Carson and Doug are both people of integrity and won't air things publicly.  Doug might be interviewing for a new job, he doesn't need gossip and drama on his resume he needs to focus on his next steps.

3 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

Hell there's been plenty of ex-players and coaches who should be able to confirm all of this crap yet no one ever has, it's nothing but a bunch of rumor and gossip and someone's opinion of what might be happening. That's all the media does now days, try to stir up crap and get clicks. Facts and people putting their name on something doesn't matter anymore.

5 hours ago, Greenakers2 said:

They're stuck with the cap hit, so they're stuck with him-and they won't hire anybody who doesn't have what they perceive as a viable plan to correct all his faults.

Hard to fix a broken player who blames everyone else for him stinking and doesn’t think he’s broken. 🤷‍♂️

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

@EazyEaglez 

The wait and see approach was meant about him wanting out and all that. 

Well he had his chance to go out there and declare his love for the Eagles organization and he chose to decline. Saying nothing is saying something. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

Well he had his chance to go out there and declare his love for the Eagles organization and he chose to decline. Saying nothing is saying something. 

Honestly I think the most likely scenario is that he did want out if Doug was staying. If their relationship was that bad it wouldn't do either of them any good trying to force it. However I don't believe that he or his agent leaked anything for the simple fact that it would not do him any good, quite the opposite actually. Now that Doug is gone Carson is probably going about his business like he will be returning to the Eagles. 

Just now, ShutDownDB said:

Honestly I think the most likely scenario is that he did want out if Doug was staying. If their relationship was that bad it wouldn't do either of them any good trying to force it. However I don't believe that he or his agent leaked anything for the simple fact that it would not do him any good, quite the opposite actually. Now that Doug is gone Carson is probably going about his business like he will be returning to the Eagles. 

I could see this being a thing if Carson won a Super Bowl without Doug and not the other way around. Frankly Carson is in no position to demand anything. He was brutal this season and the team has had more success with him not out there than with him basically through most of his tenure here. To even try and pull a "it’s him or me” move shows he commands too much power in this organization. The fact they chose Carson and is peddling Carson as being forced onto a new HC basically confirms it. With that being the case I personally don’t believe there is a large market for Carson due to his contract, his play on the field, and the rumors about his attitude. When I hear Ike Reese (the BIGGEST Carson supporter in America) actually say that there is some truth to the claims about Carson I take notice. After all he’s a big fan and he has real Eagles connections. So even if the Eagles did want to move on from Carson the window to move him is small, and the places wanting to take him are few. 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

I could see this being a thing if Carson won a Super Bowl without Doug and not the other way around. Frankly Carson is in no position to demand anything. He was brutal this season and the team has had more success with him not out there than with him basically through most of his tenure here. To even try and pull a "it’s him or me” move shows he commands too much power in this organization. The fact they chose Carson and is peddling Carson as being forced onto a new HC basically confirms it. With that being the case I personally don’t believe there is a large market for Carson due to his contract, his play on the field, and the rumors about his attitude. When I hear Ike Reese (the BIGGEST Carson supporter in America) actually say that there is some truth to the claims about Carson I take notice. After all he’s a big fan and he has real Eagles connections. So even if the Eagles did want to move on from Carson the window to move him is small, and the places wanting to take him are few. 

Wouldn't you say then that his most value would be on this team and working to get right? Unless some team completely blows them out of the water, which considering his play is highly unlikely, trading him for pennies is bad business.

6 hours ago, Uscg-green said:

professionalism....it would look very bad for Doug to start slinging mud,  and might tarnish his image if/when he wants to return to coaching...it really wouldn't come off as professional..even Reich , when asked about Carson was very tactful and blatantly non critical...but in a subtle way did say they he was stubborn, and was probably not going to change....

Archived