Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

28 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

Wouldn't you say then that his most value would be on this team and working to get right? Unless some team completely blows them out of the water, which considering his play is highly unlikely, trading him for pennies is bad business.

Honestly I’m not so sure. Is it value if next season he’s undermining the new coach by constantly calling audibles for no reason at all? Is it value for him to keep throwing into double and triple coverage when he had a receiver wide open? Is it value for him to hold onto the ball and take unnecessary sacks? I think it’s difficult to expect the next coach to come in here and "fix” a guy who doesn’t believe anything is wrong with him, and under an organization that has basically pushed out any people who made him feel uncomfortable. What kind of power does this new coach have if benching Wentz could get him fired? Frankly I’d rather find out if Hurts can be the guy or not. It’s been since 2016 and at best Carson is still a major question at best right now. If there is any truth to any of the rumors about him he is going to be difficult to handle and could divide the locker room. Ultimately the Eagles FO caused this mess, by paying him too early and drafting Hurts. They can’t move him and now they are stuck with him. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Honestly I’m not so sure. Is it value if next season he’s undermining the new coach by constantly calling audibles for no reason at all? Is it value for him to keep throwing into double and triple coverage when he had a receiver wide open? Is it value for him to hold onto the ball and take unnecessary sacks? I think it’s difficult to expect the next coach to come in here and "fix” a guy who doesn’t believe anything is wrong with him, and under an organization that has basically pushed out any people who made him feel uncomfortable. What kind of power does this new coach have if benching Wentz could get him fired? Frankly I’d rather find out if Hurts can be the guy or not. It’s been since 2016 and at best Carson is still a major question at best right now. If there is any truth to any of the rumors about him he is going to be difficult to handle and could divide the locker room. Ultimately the Eagles FO caused this mess, by paying him too early and drafting Hurts. They can’t move him and now they are stuck with him. 

Honestly bro, the problem I have with your opinion is that what you saw from Carson in 2020 is who he is. Well he might be from now on, maybe he is in fact washed. However there isn't a history of him throwing into triple coverage, there isn't a history of him taking 50 sacks a year. There is no evidence of him thinking all the faults from 2020 are on everyone else and not him. Carson was a dumpster fire, the offensive line was a dumpster fire and injuries at other positions were a dumpster fire...adding all them together you get an inferno of suck. Again, I'm willing to take the gamble on Carson 1 more year with at the very least a healthy offensive line and see what he does. 

3 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

Honestly bro, the problem I have with your opinion is that what you saw from Carson in 2020 is who he is. Well he might be from now on, maybe he is in fact washed. However there isn't a history of him throwing into triple coverage, there isn't a history of him taking 50 sacks a year. There is no evidence of him thinking all the faults from 2020 are on everyone else and not him. Carson was a dumpster fire, the offensive line was a dumpster fire and injuries at other positions were a dumpster fire...adding all them together you get an inferno of suck. Again, I'm willing to take the gamble on Carson 1 more year with at the very least a healthy offensive line and see what he does. 

The problem with your stance is one year is more than year. It’s a guaranteed two according to Kempski due to how his contract is structured. Hero ball has always been a part of Carson’s game along with questionable mechanics. He himself admitted in the past he wasn’t always the best teammate. The biggest concern for me last year was Carson started to look more at the line rather than looking downfield. It’s a serious issue that guys with the yips have. There’s no guarantee he comes out of it either. Phantom pass rush could rattle a guy like that. Finally if you think Carson’s play from 2017 till now has been constantly the same you haven’t been watching. He’s been on a decline scale till last season when he completely fell off. 

"I’m not going to sit here and say it was inaccurate and completely made up. ... I can be selfish. ... Maybe wasn’t the greatest teammate at times."

Carson’s own words, but yeah everyone is just lying about him. 🙄

9 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

"I’m not going to sit here and say it was inaccurate and completely made up. ... I can be selfish. ... Maybe wasn’t the greatest teammate at times."

Carson’s own words, but yeah everyone is just lying about him. 🙄

Why does it bother you that alot of people have a different opinion about him than you? BTW you have plenty on your side. I'd say the fan base is at best 50/50 on him. Not everyone agrees and that's ok. This is a fight that has gone on for years with different names. 

9 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Why does it bother you that alot of people have a different opinion about him than you?

Well people are questioning why I write what I write. The truth will set you free. I’m here to help.

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Well are questioning why I write what I write. The truth will set you free. I’m here to help.

Ask a real question and get a deflection. Figures. Never mind. 

2 minutes ago, Uscg-green said:

Ask a real question and get a deflection. Figures. Never mind. 

Pretty sure I answered your question. Why does my posting get you bent out of shape if it’s all just "lies?”

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

Pretty sure I answered your question. Why does my posting get you bent out of shape if it’s all just "lies?”

No you didn't. But that's ok. Deflect away. You don't ANSWER a question with a question btw. Little tip. I swear sometimes it seems Wentz has done something personal to you. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

No you didn't. But that's ok. Deflect away. 

I answered your question. If you don’t like my answer there’s nothing I can do about that. It is what it is. You think it’s everyone’s fault but Carson as to why he stinks. I think Carson has a lot to do with his own woes. 

The news article on Wentz is very disturbing if true. If true that he killed plays Pederson called out of spite and blamed pressure during film study for not accepting why he didn't throw the ball to the open man who was the primary target of the play is also disturbing. How do we know Wentz will not continue to do this with a new HC. 

If true, he needs to be traded because it's cancerous to a team. 

I'm actually curious, has any top 10 QB in the league ever had a year as bad as the year Wentz just had and then went back to being great?

I'm trying to think of the last 15 years of NFL football and literally no one comes to mind. Even your Stafford's and Rivers of the world, none had a year this bad and then got back to their former glory. 

If anyone has an example, I'm looking for hope in Wentz.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/thoughts-report-detailing-carson-wentzs-uncoachable-unaccountable-behavior

"But Wentz’s inability to take coaching has been well-documented"? Really? That's news to me.

"But you have always been able to see the hesitance from Wentz to accept blame." Maybe I missed it but that wasn't obvious to me.

speculation here...but could this be a thought process....

1. Lurie knows Carson is a problem..but is committed to him

2. He wants a HC that will kick his butt and return him to form

3. right now given salary and performance, Carson't trade value is very poor

4. If carson bounces back and has a pro bowl season...his trade value goes way up..but the baggage he carries still denotes that he should be traded

5. They try and trade him in 2022..with his value high....and stockpile picks to rebuild "for the short term and long term" as per Lurie's conference

6. Hurts takes over....

could ALL of the events and dialogue we are seeing/hearing be part of the plan? Especially if Josh McDaniels is their ideal guy...he is known as a hard nosed PIA..that even Bill B. doesn't like...but looked past that for the good of the team..hell even TOM BRADY had clashes with McDaniels..and even speculation that Josh was part of the reason he wanted out of NE....if you can play hardball with the GOAT....he should have no problem playing hard ball with Wentz....

4 minutes ago, flyerdog said:

speculation here...but could this be a thought process....

1. Lurie knows Carson is a problem..but is committed to him

2. He wants a HC that will kick his butt and return him to form

3. right now given salary and performance, Carson't trade value is very poor

4. If carson bounces back and has a pro bowl season...his trade value goes way up..but the baggage he carries still denotes that he should be traded

5. They try and trade him in 2022..with his value high....and stockpile picks to rebuild "for the short term and long term" as per Lurie's conference

6. Hurts takes over....

could ALL of the events and dialogue we are seeing/hearing be part of the plan? Especially if Josh McDaniels is their ideal guy...he is known as a hard nosed PIA..that even Bill B. doesn't like...but looked past that for the good of the team..hell even TOM BRADY had clashes with McDaniels..and even stated that Josh was part of the reason he wanted out of NE....if you can play hardball with the GOAT....he should have no problem playing hard ball with Wentz....

1. If Lurie knows about Carson as a Problem then he needs to be traded because he is a Cancer to the team.

2. Regardless if they want a HC to kick butt, if Carson isn't receptive to it, then he is a Cancer to the team.

3. If he is a Cancer to the team, then they can't worry about his trade value. 

4. Carson is not going to have a pro bowl season this year, this team is rebuilding and not going anywhere this coming season. 

5. Carson is not going to increase his trade value, again this team is rebuilding and it's highly doubtful they will win the Division let alone make the playoffs. 

6. Hurts is the better option if the reports about Carson are true. He should not be anywhere near this team. 

46 minutes ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I'm actually curious, has any top 10 QB in the league ever had a year as bad as the year Wentz just had and then went back to being great?

I'm trying to think of the last 15 years of NFL football and literally no one comes to mind. Even your Stafford's and Rivers of the world, none had a year this bad and then got back to their former glory. 

I read someplace there hasn’t been a player that had a drop like Wentz has had at his age in over 70 years. According to the Wentzbots this is normal though. 🙄

19 hours ago, EaglesfanfromND said:

Hell there's been plenty of ex-players and coaches who should be able to confirm all of this crap yet no one ever has, it's nothing but a bunch of rumor and gossip and someone's opinion of what might be happening. That's all the media does now days, try to stir up crap and get clicks. Facts and people putting their name on something doesn't matter anymore.

Exactly.

Maybe Jenkins would share something about him. Media is always printing unnamed sources or hearing reports. Until a player or coach says it, then its just noise.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

The news article on Wentz is very disturbing if true. If true that he killed plays Pederson called out of spite and blamed pressure during film study for not accepting why he didn't throw the ball to the open man who was the primary target of the play is also disturbing. How do we know Wentz will not continue to do this with a new HC. 

If true, he needs to be traded because it's cancerous to a team. 

But no one will ever know because no one is in his head or sees/thinks what he is thinking at the line.

QBs change plays all the time based on what they see in the heat of the moment. You will never know if it was "spiteful" or not, but it really makes no sense to change a play to try and make things worse for yourself. Even Carson is trying to win, so he would be doing what he thinks was best to help the team score.

1 hour ago, BirdsFanBill said:

I have been trying for awhile to come up with an answer to this question and I honestly cannot come up with a single player. When they drop off THIS bad...its usually where they stay at....

1 minute ago, GeorgeM37 said:

I have been trying for awhile to come up with an answer to this question and I honestly cannot come up with a single player. When they drop off THIS bad...its usually where they stay at....

With all the alleged negative energy surrounding Carson right now I don’t see how anyone can assume a new coach will get him out of this either. If anything firing Doug only empowered him more into think he’s been right all along. I see no chance of this getting better. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s not likely. 

17 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Exactly.

Maybe Jenkins would share something about him. Media is always printing unnamed sources or hearing reports. Until a player or coach says it, then its just noise.

If Jeffery came out and publicly ripped Carson after he was cut would you take heed or would you dismiss it? If Agholor came out and publicly ripped Wentz would you take heed or dismiss it? If Mike Groh confirmed Carson was bullying him in the meeting room would you take heed or dismiss it? 

3 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

If Jeffery came out and publicly ripped Carson after he was cut would you take heed or would you dismiss it? If Agholor came out and publicly ripped Wentz would you take heed or dismiss it? If Mike Groh confirmed Carson was bullying him in the meeting room would you take heed or dismiss it? 

I cannot speak for the person you quoted, obviously, but if that happened I would say ok now we have something. Currently all we have are people hiding behind anonymous like cowards, meanwhile other leaders of this team (Cox, Ertz, Graham, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce and even Nate the Great) saying the reports are nonsense. 

1 minute ago, ShutDownDB said:

I cannot speak for the person you quoted, obviously, but if that happened I would say ok now we have something. Currently all we have are people hiding behind anonymous like cowards, meanwhile other leaders of this team (Cox, Ertz, Graham, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce and even Nate the Great) saying the reports are nonsense. 

I don’t know why up to this point no one has gone to Groh and interviewed him on this matter. Often times you will get people deny to comment. I can’t recall a lot of times you hear people say negative things about another player or coach in the media publicly. Clearly the relationship between Brady and the Pats was strained, but I don’t recall him ripping them publicly. It’s an odd request especially if people are looking to keep working in the NFL to publicly rip someone. Now I can’t speak for you here obviously, but I’m more than willing to bet the majority of people who do not wish to believe any of this stuff would dismiss anything that Jeffery or Agholor would say. 

24 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

With all the alleged negative energy surrounding Carson right now I don’t see how anyone can assume a new coach will get him out of this either. If anything firing Doug only empowered him more into think he’s been right all along. I see no chance of this getting better. I hope I’m wrong, but it’s not likely. 

Nope, I totally agree with you.....

Archived