Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

Half of this fanbase doesn't deserve a franchise QB or a winning organization. It's fitting the Eagles are becoming the 2000's era Browns. The post above this is a perfect example.

It's a shame the rest of us have to suffer.

I think amongst all of the debating we forget that there's a balance to this argument. 

Wentz was terrible last year. Partly because of what went on around him and partly because he was terrible. 

Wentz was elite in 2017 and the other years of his career I think he's been up and down with more ups. 

But I just think the reports that we keep on reading and hearing. I mean that's not just a coincidence at this point? There's more to this story than it just being reporters trying to create a story and get clicks?

I think the unfortunate situation is that Wentz can still play at a good level in the NFL, i just don't think Philly is going to be that place. I think he can be salvaged but for many reasons I don't think that'll be here. But we are going to find out one way or another. 

2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

Bingo. We can't have nice things. If it was up to the fanbase there would be a new coach and new QB every year we don't win a SB. 

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think amongst all of the debating we forget that there's a balance to this argument. 

Wentz was terrible last year. Partly because of what went on around him and partly because he was terrible. 

Wentz was elite in 2017 and the other years of his career I think he's been up and down with more ups. 

But I just think the reports that we keep on reading and hearing. I mean that's not just a coincidence at this point? There's more to this story than it just being reporters trying to create a story and get clicks?

I think the unfortunate situation is that Wentz can still play at a good level in the NFL, i just don't think Philly is going to be that place. I think he can be salvaged but for many reasons I don't think that'll be here. But we are going to find out one way or another. 

If the reports are true that Lurie and Howie are telling candidates that we want Wentz back then it's happening, more than likely happening Wentz will be starting QB 2021. I think Lurie believes in Wentz and believes this can be fixed. However the guy who caused this stir, sitting right next to Lurie needs to answer on why Hurts is even on this roster. Forget the fact that Wentz crapped the bed this year, Hurts should have never been drafted. Now whether or not Wentz really got in his own head during TC because he saw Hurts' ability and thought "damn this kid is doing okay for a rookie". In the end Hurts should have never been an Eagle. 

Now how do we fix a multi million dollar problem? Does Wentz really want to be here, with Doug gone? Because like many have said, getting rid of Wentz will not be easy. 

As for Hurts, how long is this guy going to be on our roster, did we really draft a backup QB at 53? Knowing how old our roster was and the bad contracts we had. 

1 hour ago, Maga301 said:

As for Hurts, how long is this guy going to be on our roster, did we really draft a backup QB at 53? Knowing how old our roster was and the bad contracts we had. 

No offense to Hurts, but the only reason that we used that pick that way is because we wanted some type of throwing RB similar to Taysom Hill  to create a more dynamic offense.  If it is anything else, it is a 100% completely flawed pick (as if it isn't anyway). 

1 hour ago, Maga301 said:

If the reports are true that Lurie and Howie are telling candidates that we want Wentz back then it's happening, more than likely happening Wentz will be starting QB 2021. I think Lurie believes in Wentz and believes this can be fixed. However the guy who caused this stir, sitting right next to Lurie needs to answer on why Hurts is even on this roster.

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

True

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Have we seen a report that actually pins the Hurts pick on Lurie's involvement?  I haven't seen that one yet, but it doesn't mean its not out there.  He shouldn't be in the pick circle at all. 

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Have we seen a report that actually pins the Hurts pick on Lurie's involvement?  I haven't seen that one yet, but it doesn't mean if its out there.

I'm sure I read on here? By that I mean that someone posted a report. 

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm sure I read on here? By that I mean that someone posted a report. 

Oh.  I know we have seen some reports that he was involved with JJAW and gives comment on selections.  I don't like any part of him being involved in that part, but I haven't seen the Hurts pick being one of them.  That pick may be one of the biggest resource wastes ever.  We needed so many more pieces.

Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Oh.  I know we have seen some reports that he was involved with JJAW and gives comment on selections.  I don't like any part of him being involved in that part, but I haven't seen the Hurts pick being one of them.  That pick may be one of the biggest resource wastes ever.  We needed so many more pieces.

I thought I'd seen Hurts too but hey I could be wrong there. Hands up and apologies if I've made that up. 

10 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

You think he's been coached to hold on to the ball with D Linemen running free in his face and to sail the ball on swing passes 4 times out of 5?

Go and read his Scouting reports from 2016 and see how many concerns in there you can still recognise now, here's two to start with

USA Today Draftwire - Carson Wentz

PFF Scouting Report - Carson Wentz North Dakota

If you can't recognise Wentz problems in those reports we're watching different players, and that to me suggests that he isn't taking coaching.

The USA Today report feels like they were scouting Wentz from November last year. It’s eye opening how little he’s developed. 

Some potential good news! Rivers has decided to retire and spend some time with his 57 kids. Maybe there's a small chance the Colts and Eagles can work out a deal. 

4 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Some potential good news! Rivers has decided to retire and spend some time with his 57 kids. Maybe there's a small chance the Colts and Eagles can work out a deal. 

Yeah Hurts is an upgrade over Brissett 

1 hour ago, EaglePhan1986 said:

Yeah Hurts is an upgrade over Brissett 

Not sure if either Eagles quarterback is an upgrade over him really. 

14 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

For what? To hire Rivers 57 kids to run the offense?

So that Philly media that has been smearing Wentz with Gossip and rumors was the same guys that said it was McDaniels or Duce..........

1 hour ago, NOTW said:

Hiring Reich's OC, next best thing to fix Wentz?

That’s the only thing I don’t like about the hire. I think we got a good coach, but to me this pretty much guarantees Wentz is back next year. And I just don’t think he’s salvageable. 

1 hour ago, nipples said:

That’s the only thing I don’t like about the hire. I think we got a good coach, but to me this pretty much guarantees Wentz is back next year. And I just don’t think he’s salvageable. 

You never know.  A new coach and system that comes in with a fresh start, new OC and new QB coach and approaching Carson the right way...plus it's up to Carson to self-reflect, study film and work on improving himself.  It will take a lot of hard work and effort and the right attitude all around, but it's possible.  

I think Lurie wants to take another shot as his "asset" as he called him, to see if he can return to his prior years' performance.  Then if he doesn't, they can move on.

31 minutes ago, NOTW said:

You never know.  A new coach and system that comes in with a fresh start, new OC and new QB coach and approaching Carson the right way...plus it's up to Carson to self-reflect, study film and work on improving himself.  It will take a lot of hard work and effort and the right attitude all around, but it's possible.  

I suspect a new coaching staff etc will come in with fresh ideas and fresh eyes and see what they have. I also suspect they've asked for the authority to make the necessary choices. If Sirianni feels at some point that Hurts is a better option then I hope he's enabled to make that decision. I also suspect he'll give Carson every chance during the off season. 

Well no more excuses for Wentz. He got his guy. I don’t know how this guy is going to coach him up though. When you have vets like Luck, and Rivers the job isn’t that difficult. 

Archived