Jump to content
T-1000

Carson Wentz - Traded to the Colts for a 2021 3rd and a 2022 Conditional 2nd

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, ShutDownDB said:

I cannot speak for the person you quoted, obviously, but if that happened I would say ok now we have something. Currently all we have are people hiding behind anonymous like cowards, meanwhile other leaders of this team (Cox, Ertz, Graham, Johnson, Brooks, Kelce and even Nate the Great) saying the reports are nonsense. 

Which report? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th one?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, SBorBust said:

Which report? The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th one?

Pick one, they all say the same as the one before. Only new thing is apparently now Carson was killing plays out if spite. How anyone knows that is beyond me. Can these reporters read minds now? 

The other day I was listening to a podcast with Nic Ertz and he was saying how he and a bunch of players would go to Carson's for BBQs. He was also saying how all the guys liked him. You have to figure there are 52 men in that locker room, so they aren't all going to get along and for whatever reason a few of them don't like Carson. It's not the end of the world. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

You know what else is real? Tim Tebow has an 8-6 regular season record and is 1-1 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Trent Dilfer was 7-1 as a starter in 2000 and then went 4-0 in the playoffs. You know what else is real? Football is a team sport ... still.

You are not going to be able to talk him out of his Wentz hate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

The news article on Wentz is very disturbing if true. If true that he killed plays Pederson called out of spite and blamed pressure during film study for not accepting why he didn't throw the ball to the open man who was the primary target of the play is also disturbing. How do we know Wentz will not continue to do this with a new HC. 

If true, he needs to be traded because it's cancerous to a team. 

There's been rumors of that a long time now, way before that article. Wouldn't run plays that were called.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

One thing I'm pretty sure of... If Carson does stay in Philadelphia then Lurie and Howie have given him more power than he had before. If he saw off Doug essentially then that gives him more power and if that's the case then how will a new HC feel about that?

This organization will have moved on from the back up QB who won then the SB and the HC who won it with that QB... All to keep Wentz effectively. 

Sadly Wentz is the eagle's, at least until he moves on. Had hopes of him moving before Doug was fired, now I'm not. I'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, greend said:

They kept everyone but Doug.

They kept Press Taylor who it has been well recorded is Wentz guy. They got rid of Marty and Scango after a year. They fired Doug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They kept Press Taylor who it has been well recorded is Wentz guy. They got rid of Marty and Scango after a year. They fired Doug.

Hmmm, maybe Wentz had a hit put on them. Again if Wentz can't be fixed he'll be gone as soon as he possibly can. He has no power. Doug got canned 1 because he wanted to. 2. Because of the staff he wanted to assemble and 3. because Doug

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, greend said:

Hmmm, maybe Wentz had a hit put on them. Again if Wentz can't be fixed he'll be gone as soon as he possibly can. He has no power. Doug got canned 1 because he wanted to. 2. Because of the staff he wanted to assemble and 3. because Doug

I kinda wonder if reason 2 fed into reason 1, even somewhat. Doug knew he couldn’t just quit. So he suggests a ridiculous staff to ensure his firing. 
 

Of course, that being said, it’s not out of the realm of possibility that Doug actually wanted that reported staff in place either. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/thoughts-report-detailing-carson-wentzs-uncoachable-unaccountable-behavior

"But Wentz’s inability to take coaching has been well-documented"? Really? That's news to me.

"But you have always been able to see the hesitance from Wentz to accept blame." Maybe I missed it but that wasn't obvious to me.

You think he's been coached to hold on to the ball with D Linemen running free in his face and to sail the ball on swing passes 4 times out of 5?

Go and read his Scouting reports from 2016 and see how many concerns in there you can still recognise now, here's two to start with

USA Today Draftwire - Carson Wentz

PFF Scouting Report - Carson Wentz North Dakota

 

If you can't recognise Wentz problems in those reports we're watching different players, and that to me suggests that he isn't taking coaching.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers made his retirement announcement. Howie gotta figure something out!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rivers retired. Perfect fit for Wentz to resurrect his career. So Lurie and Howie will probably... keep him now. 😆

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

Half of this fanbase doesn't deserve a franchise QB or a winning organization. It's fitting the Eagles are becoming the 2000's era Browns. The post above this is a perfect example.

It's a shame the rest of us have to suffer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think amongst all of the debating we forget that there's a balance to this argument. 

Wentz was terrible last year. Partly because of what went on around him and partly because he was terrible. 

Wentz was elite in 2017 and the other years of his career I think he's been up and down with more ups. 

But I just think the reports that we keep on reading and hearing. I mean that's not just a coincidence at this point? There's more to this story than it just being reporters trying to create a story and get clicks?

I think the unfortunate situation is that Wentz can still play at a good level in the NFL, i just don't think Philly is going to be that place. I think he can be salvaged but for many reasons I don't think that'll be here. But we are going to find out one way or another. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

As soon as Wentz goes, the next guy will become the target, so let's pass that torch and show how bad of fans that we really are.  It's like a F'ing hit squad that always has to have a target or they are not satisfied.

Bingo. We can't have nice things. If it was up to the fanbase there would be a new coach and new QB every year we don't win a SB. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think amongst all of the debating we forget that there's a balance to this argument. 

Wentz was terrible last year. Partly because of what went on around him and partly because he was terrible. 

Wentz was elite in 2017 and the other years of his career I think he's been up and down with more ups. 

But I just think the reports that we keep on reading and hearing. I mean that's not just a coincidence at this point? There's more to this story than it just being reporters trying to create a story and get clicks?

I think the unfortunate situation is that Wentz can still play at a good level in the NFL, i just don't think Philly is going to be that place. I think he can be salvaged but for many reasons I don't think that'll be here. But we are going to find out one way or another. 

If the reports are true that Lurie and Howie are telling candidates that we want Wentz back then it's happening, more than likely happening Wentz will be starting QB 2021. I think Lurie believes in Wentz and believes this can be fixed. However the guy who caused this stir, sitting right next to Lurie needs to answer on why Hurts is even on this roster. Forget the fact that Wentz crapped the bed this year, Hurts should have never been drafted. Now whether or not Wentz really got in his own head during TC because he saw Hurts' ability and thought "damn this kid is doing okay for a rookie". In the end Hurts should have never been an Eagle. 

Now how do we fix a multi million dollar problem? Does Wentz really want to be here, with Doug gone? Because like many have said, getting rid of Wentz will not be easy. 

As for Hurts, how long is this guy going to be on our roster, did we really draft a backup QB at 53? Knowing how old our roster was and the bad contracts we had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maga301 said:

As for Hurts, how long is this guy going to be on our roster, did we really draft a backup QB at 53? Knowing how old our roster was and the bad contracts we had. 

No offense to Hurts, but the only reason that we used that pick that way is because we wanted some type of throwing RB similar to Taysom Hill  to create a more dynamic offense.  If it is anything else, it is a 100% completely flawed pick (as if it isn't anyway). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maga301 said:

If the reports are true that Lurie and Howie are telling candidates that we want Wentz back then it's happening, more than likely happening Wentz will be starting QB 2021. I think Lurie believes in Wentz and believes this can be fixed. However the guy who caused this stir, sitting right next to Lurie needs to answer on why Hurts is even on this roster.

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

True

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

 

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Well to be fair... If reports are to be believed then Howie just needs to point the finger back at Lurie as apparently he had an influence in that draft decision. 

Have we seen a report that actually pins the Hurts pick on Lurie's involvement?  I haven't seen that one yet, but it doesn't mean its not out there.  He shouldn't be in the pick circle at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Have we seen a report that actually pins the Hurts pick on Lurie's involvement?  I haven't seen that one yet, but it doesn't mean if its out there.

I'm sure I read on here? By that I mean that someone posted a report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm sure I read on here? By that I mean that someone posted a report. 

Oh.  I know we have seen some reports that he was involved with JJAW and gives comment on selections.  I don't like any part of him being involved in that part, but I haven't seen the Hurts pick being one of them.  That pick may be one of the biggest resource wastes ever.  We needed so many more pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...