Carson Wentz discussion: no new topics about Wentz.

T-1000

Anyway this is pointless because regardless of what is said, nothing will convince the Wentz fanboys of his shortcomings. All you have to do to know that he has accuracy issues is watch the games. It’s always been an issue with him, stemming from poor mechanics. This is no secret. 

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Gotcha!! Wentz has better accuracy than Rodger, Brady, and Brees.

When all you complete is 7-8 yard passes to Ertz it's easy to pad your numbers.

You have problems opening your eyes and believing what you see, I don't.  

Rodgers and Brees also throw a lot of quick short passes. In fact more than Wentz. But don't let your hate blind you

45 minutes ago, nipples said:

Anyway this is pointless because regardless of what is said, nothing will convince the Wentz fanboys of his shortcomings. All you have to do to know that he has accuracy issues is watch the games. It’s always been an issue with him, stemming from poor mechanics. This is no secret. 

No one is saying he did not play poorly last year, but it is not all on him.

He is the Eagles single season leader in TD passes, completion percentage, yards.  It's not like he is some scrub who has never done anything.

Why don't you wait for a new staff, with a non predictable offense do its thing first before writing him off.

I have a buddy up here in Washington that is a huge Hawks fan, but watches a bunch of Eagles games because of me.

He said to me once the Pederson to Seattle reports started,  "I hated Darrel Bevel as an offensive coordinator, but I would take him back over Doug Pederson"

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

No one is saying he did not play poorly last year, but it is not all on him.

He is the Eagles single season leader in TD passes, completion percentage, yards.  It's not like he is some scrub who has never done anything.

Why don't you wait for a new staff, with a non predictable offense do its thing first before writing him off.

I have a buddy up here in Washington that is a huge Hawks fan, but watches a bunch of Eagles games because of me.

He said to me once the Pederson to Seattle reports started,  "I hated Darrel Bevel as an offensive coordinator, but I would take him back over Doug Pederson"

Unless you say that Wentz is a complete bag of garbage the haters will label you a "washer" or a "fan boy". No sense in trying to make them understand reasonable logic.

3 minutes ago, greend said:

Unless you say that Wentz is a complete bag of garbage the haters will label you a "washer" or a "fan boy". No sense in trying to make them understand reasonable logic.

They have Michael Bradley on one of the local shows every Tuesday, and the local guys asked him about Carson Wentz and the issues with the Eagles, his response

" If I was going to talk about the problems with the Eagles in order, I would need to be on several segments before I got to Carson Wentz "

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

They have Michael Bradley on one of the local shows every Tuesday, and the local guys asked him about Carson Wentz and the issues with the Eagles, his response

" If I was going to talk about the problems with the Eagles in order, I would need to be on several segments before I got to Carson Wentz "

And 1 of the bigger problems is now gone. There is still a bigger problem but hopefully he learned something form his last round of stupid drafting.

29 minutes ago, greend said:

Rodgers and Brees also throw a lot of quick short passes. In fact more than Wentz. But don't let your hate blind you

There's no hate here, BTW, Brees yes but Rodgers isn't a dink&dunk QB.

2 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

There's no hate here, BTW, Brees yes but Rodgers isn't a dink&dunk QB.

Quick passes are what the G.B offense is known for. Do they ever throw down the field? Absolutely. Consequently that's exactly what we should have done here last year. Quick passes and take shots here and there. Also run the ball in the 2nd half. 

6 minutes ago, greend said:

Quick passes are what the G.B offense is known for. Do they ever throw down the field? Absolutely. Consequently that's exactly what we should have done here last year. Quick passes and take shots here and there. Also run the ball in the 2nd half. 

Bottom line, Wentz isn't as accurate as Brees and Rodgers, everybody knows that except Wentz apologists.  

Just now, EagleVA said:

Bottom line, Wentz isn't as accurate as Brees and Rodgers, everybody knows that except Wentz apologists.  

Bottom line Wentz wasn't the biggest problem with last years offense and has been very good until then. Everybody knows that except Wentz haters.

1 minute ago, greend said:

Bottom line Wentz wasn't the biggest problem with last years offense and has been very good until then. Everybody knows that except Wentz haters.

I don't think anyone is blaming Wentz for his horrible season, everybody knows football is the ultimate team sport.

5 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

everybody knows football is the ultimate team sport.

I'm not sure a few people posting in here do know that. If you never watched an Eagles game and just went by their posts, Carson Wentz is the worst QB ever and even worse human being.

7 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I don't think anyone is blaming Wentz for his horrible season, everybody knows football is the ultimate team sport.

Maybe you do and good for you if that is true.

38 minutes ago, greend said:

Wentz was the biggest problem last year. 

I was a huge Wentz fan and I believe he was very good in 2018 and 2019 given the situations.  Last year though he was flat out terrible.  One of the worst QBs in the league.  If he had been benched earlier in the season we likely would have won the division. Although at this point I certainly prefer the draft position. 

37 minutes ago, ShutDownDB said:

I'm not sure a few people posting in here do know that. If you never watched an Eagles game and just went by their posts, Carson Wentz is the worst QB ever and even worse human being.

Yeah, I'm not buying that he's a bad person, maybe immature but I think he's  good guy.

2 hours ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Provide one credible source that supports your claim of how he "acted”.  

Adam Caplan has mentioned Wentz behavior several times on Inside the Bird podcast...

4 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

Again. Give me one credible source.  "Behavior”?  Yeah, I don’t buy it.  Stubborn, sure.  Behavior?  Come on.  

It is what it is. People can believe what they want. Adam Caplan is credible in MY book.

2 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

If he had been benched earlier in the season we likely would have won the division. 

Not so sure about that.  Hurts beat Taysom Hill, led the Eagles to points on 2 of 24 second half possessions.  He completed a lower percentage of passes, and was on pace to have more total turnovers than Wentz.

10 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not so sure about that.  Hurts beat Taysom Hill, led the Eagles to points on 2 of 24 second half possessions.  He completed a lower percentage of passes, and was on pace to have more total turnovers than Wentz.

Yeah, but he can extend plays maybe, kinda, sorta...?

🤣

48 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Yeah, but he can extend plays maybe, kinda, sorta...?

🤣

He can extend plays and brings some backyard football excitement for sure.

Sometimes that comes at the expense of going unscripted from the actual play call and WRs that are open. He is still a work in progress about being able to stop himself from scrambling and learning to progress through more than his first read. I was hoping to see more progress in the last week, but he looked even worse in that last game. Maybe new coaches can help him.

8 hours ago, kentwo said:

Sometimes that comes at the expense of going unscripted from the actual play call and WRs that are open. He is still a work in progress about being able to stop himself from scrambling and learning to progress through more than his first read. I was hoping to see more progress in the last week, but he looked even worse in that last game. Maybe new coaches can help him.

Never learned that basic skill for the position with 4 years of quality college coaching at 2 premier destinations and a year in the NFL.  Can he learn it?

13 hours ago, downundermike said:

And that all added up to a lower winning percentage as the cherry on top..

But, but, but...the eye test says.... 

12 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

It is what it is. People can believe what they want. Adam Caplan is credible in MY book.

This is what "journalism" today counts on

11 hours ago, kentwo said:

So "hero ball"?

8 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

Never learned that basic skill for the position with 4 years of quality college coaching at 2 premier destinations and a year in the NFL.  Can he learn it?

To justify a second round pick he had better.

Archived