Soul Joel’s Comedy Club

homerpat

So for the first time in forever living in the burbs is working out. I highly suggest Soul Joel’s comedy club in Royersford. Top notch talent like Louis CK, Bobby Kelly, Dan Soder, Jim Bruer etc. Have seen so many amazing shows in the last few months and it’s cheap. Joel’s an awesome dude too. 

Sorry to sound like a bot selling this place but I highly suggest for anyone who loves comedy. It’s the place Big Jay Oakerson got punched at. 

10 hours ago, homerpat said:

So for the first time in forever living in the burbs is working out. I highly suggest Soul Joel’s comedy club in Royersford. Top notch talent like Louis CK, Bobby Kelly, Dan Soder, Jim Bruer etc. Have seen so many amazing shows in the last few months and it’s cheap. Joel’s an awesome dude too. 

Sorry to sound like a bot selling this place but I highly suggest for anyone who loves comedy. It’s the place Big Jay Oakerson got punched at. 

I went to school with Soul Joel Richardson growing up. Cool!

• Like 2

Thats one thing I miss now that I live in the burbs, going to comedy clubs.  When Schmoopie and I were living in Denver, we would often score (sometimes cheap\free) comedy club tickets and make an evening of it.  Walk from our condo to Blue Sushi for their happy hour (Their happy hour sushi menus was bigger than some sushi restaurants regular menu, and insane drink specials), get nice and lubed up, then walk 3 blocks over to Comedy Works.  We would see both huge names and really good up and comers.  That club was a favorite of Dave Chapelle.  If he was in town he would often come in and do a set unannounced.

• Like 2

It really is an awesome luxury. Going to see comedians in past meant expensive babysitter, dinner and drinks, tickets, and $25 parking for an hour and a half show. This place is BYOB or food or whatever. People bring tables and a tailgate spread. We usually just roll in with a cooler and beach chairs so only cost is $20-$25 ticket. I hope this place keeps drawing top notch talent after Covid. Soder was saying that right now who would have thought the best comedy spot in America is between a train track and a creek?  He’s not wrong

• Like 1

I kept telling my buddy we need to see a show there. He lives about 3 minutes from it. He goes to helium in the city all the time but laughed at the idea of going to Joel's. when I told him it was byob, he said "so it doesn't have a bar? the bartenders pour me big shots at helium!"

He's an idiot. 

Me and my wife might go see big jay there in a few weeks though if tickets are still available

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this back up. Seeing Jay Oakerson’s return tonight. Dan Soder who we saw a few weeks back said who would

have thought a beach pit between train tracks and a river in Royersford would be the epicenter of American comedy. Said it’s hands down best venue in North America running right now.