Trevor Lawrence (Clemson QB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #1

Godfather

Pour some out for shocker.

Eh, not a fan of Lawrence at the NFL level.  Thinking he's an elite college QB that doesn't fully translate to the NFL.

As Dennis Miller said, "That's just my opinion and I could be wrong".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Eh, not a fan of Lawrence at the NFL level.  Thinking he's an elite college QB that doesn't fully translate to the NFL.

Funnily enough that's my opinion too. Again I could be wrong, I often am, but I would go with Fields over Lawrence. 

I don't think it would happen, but I do think at this point, we have a good chance at a top 5 pick. If the Eagles didn't go QB, who would you want?

I'm thinking Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Yo i b hadin a thread bout dis and it be gotten takin down. Smdh

Now itz realistic cuz Eagles suck n 0-2 mayb 0-tray afta Sunday 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RastaPasta said:

I don't think it would happen, but I do think at this point, we have a good chance at a top 5 pick. If the Eagles didn't go QB, who would you want?

I'm thinking Penei Sewell or Ja'Marr Chase

I would go either or. But we all know how the Eagles draft so I'm expecting oline or dline. Penei is a stud and only 19 years old. But we need a playmaker on offense. 2 drafts of reaching/ striking out on wrs. I like Reagor and he's showed a lot of promise. We need someone opposite of him. Chase is a monster.  I'd go BPA if I was drafting. We need better players

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

Pour some out for shocker.

As Dennis Miller said, "That's just my opinion and I could be wrong".

The shock man is my guy. I gots to show sum respect to da guy. Plus he reppin my Lakers hat as dey on da way to a chip

So if we did indeed end up with a top 10 draft pick, anyone really think we'd take a QB (after having spent a 2nd on Hurts this year)??  

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

So if we did indeed end up with a top 10 draft pick, anyone really think we'd take a QB (after having spent a 2nd on Hurts this year)??  

Cards took a QB #10th overall and turned around the next year and drafted Murray. You think they regret that right now?

1 hour ago, D-Shiznit said:

Cards took a QB #10th overall and turned around the next year and drafted Murray. You think they regret that right now?

We've invested quite a bit more in QB than 10th overall ... all the picks given up for Wentz (plus players to move up to #8) and a 2nd last year.  I'd think they would at least want to see what Hurts can do before pulling the trigger on another QB.  And Arizona was starting over with a whole new coaching staff - highly doubt we will be.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We've invested quite a bit more in QB than 10th overall ... all the picks given up for Wentz (plus players to move up to #8) and a 2nd last year.  I'd think they would at least want to see what Hurts can do before pulling the trigger on another QB.  And Arizona was starting over with a whole new coaching staff - highly doubt we will be.  

The more resources poured into a particular player, the longer Howie will keep him. Case in point - Cindy Jones was here 2 years longer than she should've been, and that was only for a 2nd round pick. Given all of what was invested to get Wentz, I suspect that he isn't going anywhere for several more years at least.

If you have a true sniper at QB, you don't have to surround him with top WR talent (A. Rogers). If you don't have that, then you do have to (Dak). Carson is between these two IMO, so I'd rather they target help for him rather than his replacement. I like J-Marr Chase a lot. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The more resources poured into a particular player, the longer Howie will keep him. Case in point - Cindy Jones was here 2 years longer than she should've been, and that was only for a 2nd round pick. Given all of what was invested to get Wentz, I suspect that he isn't going anywhere for several more years at least.

If you have a true sniper at QB, you don't have to surround him with top WR talent (A. Rogers). If you don't have that, then you do have to (Dak). Carson is between these two IMO, so I'd rather they target help for him rather than his replacement. I like J-Marr Chase a lot. 

Cindy Jones :roll:

22 hours ago, Shocker54 said:

Yo I got da fit on wit da shiny silver sticka on it still so u kno it fo realzz

My Lake Show a fin away from dat chip. Fo Kobe! Mamba

• Like 2

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

No point in throwing good money after bad, Wentz is not the guy going forward for a multitude of reasons: performance, health, lack of leadership. As for Hurts, he is not the kind of talent for which you pass up on a chance to draft a generational prospect like Lawrence. At the end of the day what's another wasted 2nd rd pick when compared to a franchise QB for the next 15+ years.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

If we do end up with that poor of a season that we're in a position to draft him I would be fine with that.  Him on one side, Reagor on the other and Goedert over the middle is a nice trio (if we are that bad that we're in that position then you have to figure there's a decent chance they go sellers for draft picks and Ertz could be gone).  That early in the draft though, you'd have to think either a DE/DL or CB would be a more needed pick.  Hell, at this rate you also have to consider OL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Green_Guinness said:

If we do end up with that poor of a season that we're in a position to draft him I would be fine with that.  Him on one side, Reagor on the other and Goedert over the middle is a nice trio (if we are that bad that we're in that position then you have to figure there's a decent chance they go sellers for draft picks and Ertz could be gone).  That early in the draft though, you'd have to think either a DE/DL or CB would be a more needed pick.  Hell, at this rate you also have to consider OL.

I've been speaking to my buddy @Ray75 and I value a lot of what he says when it comes to the draft... and he's looked at this next draft class and, in his opinion, this isn't a good draft for the DE.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I've been speaking to my buddy @Ray75 and I value a lot of what he says when it comes to the draft... and he's looked at this next draft class and, in his opinion, this isn't a good draft for the DE.

Thx buddy. I’m in the early proces of examining the class but it’s looking like it will be another stacked WR and O-line class with some very good DB’s, DT’s and LB’s sprinkled in there too. Ohhh and a very good TE class too. I believe the QB class is mediocre though. The DE class is a tricky one. Both Rousseau and Roche could go early but I don’t view them as generational talents like Young or the Bosa brothers. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Thx buddy. I’m in the early proces of examining the class but it’s looking like it will be another stacked WR and O-line class with some very good DB’s, DT’s and LB’s sprinkled in there too. Ohhh and a very good TE class too. I believe the QB class is mediocre though. The DE class is a tricky one. Both Rousseau and Roche could go early but I don’t view them as generational talents like Young or the Bosa brothers. 

And I think we'd be better off waiting for one of those really top top talents because those are the game changers. It's a tricky one that's for sure because this team has so many dire needs. 

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And I think we'd be better off waiting for one of those really top top talents because those are the game changers. It's a tricky one that's for sure because this team has so many dire needs. 

Indeed. If we’re heading for a top 10 maybe even top 5 pick and an overhaul, I want a generational talent no matter the position. The only ones who fit that description are Sewell and Chase at this point. The former will probably go No.1 overall if a team with a QB in place is picking there. OLB Micah Parsons and CB Patrick Surtain are in the conversation too. Not at No.1 but definitely top 5-10.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Indeed. If we’re heading for a top 10 maybe even top 5 pick and an overhaul, I want a generational talent no matter the position. The only ones who fit that description are Sewell and Chase at this point. The former will probably go No.1 overall if a team with a QB in place is picking there. OLB Micah Parsons and CB Patrick Surtain are in the conversation too. Not at No.1 but definitely top 5-10.

This team need to add talent all over the place so really if the right person is making the pick they can't go wrong with that approach. 

18 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Rodgers didn't do sheet without great WR talent. 

1 hour ago, 20dawk4life said:

Not quite true. Rodgers still elevated the Packers to compete.

17 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

No point in throwing good money after bad, Wentz is not the guy going forward for a multitude of reasons: performance, health, lack of leadership. As for Hurts, he is not the kind of talent for which you pass up on a chance to draft a generational prospect like Lawrence. At the end of the day what's another wasted 2nd rd pick when compared to a franchise QB for the next 15+ years.

You do make a solid argument, but regarding Hurts, how do we know what kind of talent he is (or should I say, will be at this level)?  He had an incredible college career.  Perhaps he is the next Russell Wilson type (having had a good career at one college, transferred to another and continued to excel, then was drafted later ... i.e. after the 1st round).  

I also highly doubt they are going to feel the need to move on from Wentz anytime soon.  He'd have to continue to play at such a poor level (that he has shown for the past 6 quarters) for the rest of the season and likely longer.  I've been a big fan of his since drafting him and have more recently been losing faith he will become what we all hoped he would but what I or any of us think means nothing ... it's what the FO thinks of him and I doubt they just invested so much in him - not just the draft picks but the contract (the dead money hits to the cap in the next 2 years makes it virtually impossible to move on from him, especially considering our cap situation).  For now just have to continue to hold on to whatever hope we still have that he can still turn it around.  

55 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Not quite true. Rodgers still elevated the Packers to compete.

4-3 before injury and 6-9-1 the following year. Not exactly great. 

5 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

Nobody is perfect, but his accuracy, especially when it counts, is usually top shelf.

4 hours ago, 20dawk4life said:

4-3 before injury and 6-9-1 the following year. Not exactly great. 

Well perhaps not. He's a lot better than Wentz is and ever will be unfortunately.