Trevor Lawrence (Clemson QB) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #1

Godfather

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 11:35 AM, 20dawk4life said:

Dude was getting his arse kicked saturday vs Miami. I'm not sold on him at the NFL level because Clemson always puts up numbers but he looked tough enough. 

On the outside looking in, though he seems like a good human, I think his top recruit/next coming status out of HS went to his head.  He played very well as a frosh for a frosh on a stacked team.  The next year he regressed, somehow his footwork, mechanics, accuracy and reliance on making throws on the run got worse.  I haven't watched him this year, but unless he made major strides he's a slightly more football brained Manziel.  Not a good prospect for the NFL at all IMO.

26 minutes ago, Wentz_Era said:

I haven't watched him this year, but unless he made major strides he's a slightly more football brained Manziel.  Not a good prospect for the NFL at all IMO.

I think Lawrence is much better than Manziel. Manziel was a run first QB who made plays in college with his legs. Lawrence isn't that. He's a much better passer.

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think Lawrence is much better than Manziel. Manziel was a run first QB who made plays in college with his legs. Lawrence isn't that. He's a much better passer.

Honestly I don’t think he’s that much better of a passer. He’s got terrible ball placement, especially in the pocket. He seems to do most of his damage on prayer plays outside of the pocket. 

This thread has about as much validity as a certain someone’s Legal Defense Fund.  The folks who believe the Eagles will be drafting Lawrence are likely contributors.

• Like 2

Lawrence will go to the Jets.

If we were going for a QB this year, my vote would be for Jones or Trask, who will be facing off in the SEC championship.
Which should be a fantastic game, if not the best football game of the year.

I think both will have longer better NFL careers than Lawrence.

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2020 at 1:00 PM, PoconoDon said:

The more resources poured into a particular player, the longer Howie will keep him. Case in point - Cindy Jones was here 2 years longer than she should've been, and that was only for a 2nd round pick. Given all of what was invested to get Wentz, I suspect that he isn't going anywhere for several more years at least.

If you have a true sniper at QB, you don't have to surround him with top WR talent (A. Rogers). If you don't have that, then you do have to (Dak). Carson is between these two IMO, so I'd rather they target help for him rather than his replacement. I like J-Marr Chase a lot. 

While I do agree with most everything you say even in this post I agree mostly but Rodgers himself still needs weapons.  It was made apparent last year when he lost Jones and Adam’s at times.  Adam’s is the best wr in the league so to say he doesn’t need weapons is laughable.  I also remember Rodgers looking just like wentz a few years back when they had an atrocious oline and he was under duress all year.  Nobody in the business can beat press or man as easily as Adam’s dude doesn’t even have to use his hands and still wins.  Not to mention if he doesn’t win you can still throw it to him and better then 50% of the time he’s coming down with it

• Like 1

• 3 months later...