Penei Sewell (Oregon OT) -- DRAFTED BY DETROIT #7

Godfather

Probably the best oline prospect in the draft. 19 years old. Get younger and healthier at the oline position

• Like 2

Peters is trash and the jury is still out on Dillard. Might be the right pick

• Like 1

They need a young quality LT. Dillard might not be the "steal" we once thought he was on draft day, although I have reservations about the team consistently targeting Pac 12 players for their offense. Outside of Ertz and DJax, a lot of these guys end up just being soft players.

If there's a top level OT from the SEC, Big Ten, or even the Big 12, I would probably rather have that guy. Plenty of time between now and the draft to see who comes on top.

10 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

They need a young quality LT. Dillard might not be the "steal" we once thought he was on draft day, although I have reservations about the team consistently targeting Pac 12 players for their offense. Outside of Ertz and DJax, a lot of these guys end up just being soft players.

If there's a top level OT from the SEC, Big Ten, or even the Big 12, I would probably rather have that guy. Plenty of time between now and the draft to see who comes on top.

Penei is no scrub

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

Bump, as of rn (3 weeks into the season) I think we go OL or WR in R1.

This team has so many needs, I’d say BPA. The only positions I wouldn’t draft would be QB, RB, TE and DT. They need help everywhere else. 

Generational talent and my #1 target if the Eagles land in the top 5. Follow that up with a top G/C prospect in the 2nd and stabilize the o-line for a couple of years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm on board. If you have a chance to get an elite LT prospect you have to do it. Mailata can be moved over to RT to take over when Lane can't go.

3 hours ago, AzBirdGang said:

I'm not going to get hyped. He will be going to the Bengals. He is a top 3 talent. 

Yup. Lots of mocks have him going to the Bengals at 3

If the Eagles feel this kid could be an Anthony Munoz, then you call about the #2 pick to see if a move up is feasible.   

11 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

If the Eagles feel this kid could be an Anthony Munoz, then you call about the #2 pick to see if a move up is feasible.   

Move up for an OT? Having drafted Dillard less than 2 years ago? 

6 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Who cares about Dillard?  Just another BUST.  Making decisions based on Dillard would be foolish.

That said I wouldn't trade up.  Hope we get the #3 pick and he's there for us.

2 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

Who cares about Dillard?  Just another BUST.  Making decisions based on Dillard would be foolish.

That said I wouldn't trade up.  Hope we get the #3 pick and he's there for us.

We know that Dillard is a bust do we? We absolutely know that?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

We know that Dillard is a bust do we? We absolutely know that?

You don’t pass on a Hall of Fame talent like Sewell for a mediocre injury prone guy like Dillard.

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

If you feel that there is a once in a generation talent at LT and he is only a few spots up the board, then you go for it.  If he locks down that position for 10+ years, it would be worth it. I'm not very confident that Dillard is that guy.  And, if Dillard does develop and you have Sewell, then you can trade Dillard and get decent compensation in return.  Good OL have value.  I would consider moving Mialata to RT to battle Lane in camp. I hope Lane is the same player, but his injury sounds really bad. I don't think we can just count on it.  We could use Driscoll as our emergency tackle and that gives him time to develop.

I agree with the above sentiments. The presence of Dillard and Mailata should not prevent this team from drafting Penei Sewell if they end up picking in the top 5 with a chance to draft him. The last time we drafted an OL in the top 5, we ended up with Lane Johnson at 4th overall in 2013. Johnson is one of the best RT in the league, period. If Sewell could be that or better at LT, we're in a very good spot.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 2:51 PM, AzBirdGang said:

I'm not going to get hyped. He will be going to the Bengals. He is a top 3 talent. 

100000000%

If we were ever in position though, I would take him in a second. Sadly the Bengals aren't winning another game.

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 4:34 PM, CaliEagle said:

My guess is NYJ and JAX are locks to pick #1 and 2, and both will be drafting QB if they have any sense at all.  Unless the Bengals beat DAL they aren’t winning another game this season, so they’ll be drafting #3.  Their #1 franchise QB just got maimed because their OL stinks — they should be a lock to draft Sewell 

The Eagles have no money for FA, so they need all the draft picks they can get.  There is a much higher probability they trade down to acquire additional picks for roster building.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

If you feel that there is a once in a generation talent at LT and he is only a few spots up the board, then you go for it.  If he locks down that position for 10+ years, it would be worth it. I'm not very confident that Dillard is that guy.  And, if Dillard does develop and you have Sewell, then you can trade Dillard and get decent compensation in return.  Good OL have value.  I would consider moving Mialata to RT to battle Lane in camp. I hope Lane is the same player, but his injury sounds really bad. I don't think we can just count on it.  We could use Driscoll as our emergency tackle and that gives him time to develop.

I can't really argue with that because we do need to go BPA. But I would be a little disappointed and I do feel like this team has so many other issues it needs to address.