Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

17 hours ago, Portyansky said:

Jags QB

Jets QB

MIA possibly Chase

ATL Surtain

Eagles.. Parsons or trade back if Chase isn't there 

Need Hou(miami) and ATL to win next week (not holding my breath) We have to lose .

If Jets pass on Fields, ATL will take him. Ryan's days are coming to an end

2 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

What struck me about last night's game was that Hurts was playing really well until the Eagles fell two TDs behind and he and Doug were forcing it more.

If Chase is truly the best player on the board then fine, but the D needs help all over the place and I don't want to see Hurts/Wentz trying to beat teams in shoot outs every week.

I know we need to fix the secondary but we also need big time help at wr. I want a playmaker on the outside for Wentz. Picking high is a good thing. Could go Chase and Samuel Jr in the 2nd. We shouldn't be in this position. We should already have Metcalf or Jefferson on this team

3 hours ago, Godfather said:

I know we need to fix the secondary but we also need big time help at wr. I want a playmaker on the outside for Wentz. Picking high is a good thing. Could go Chase and Samuel Jr in the 2nd. We shouldn't be in this position. We should already have Metcalf or Jefferson on this team

Jets trade down with the Bengals. Cincy takes Sewell, Jets land Chase for Darnold or Miami flat out takes Chase at 3 overall.

BPA’s for the Eagles; Parsons, Surtain, Rousseau, Paye, Smith, Waddle and Farley.

22 hours ago, eagle45 said:

Chase is not Julio Jones, Megatron, or Andre Johnson.  So why is he projected to go in the same space of the draft as those talents?  Pure production?  For a guy who had an ordinary freshman season and sat out his junior year?

He may end up being a HOF WR.  But there are enough questions that I just don't see the value here.  

NFL.com had the following grades last year:

CD Lamb 6.81

Jerry Jeudy 6.77

Henry Ruggs 6.72

Justin Jefferson 6.46

Now every draft is different and has different strengths but I can’t see Chase having much of a higher grade then CD Lamb who went 17th. I’m not saying Chase will go that low because last year was an amazing draft for WR’s but it gives you some perspective. 

3 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Jets trade down with the Bengals. Cincy takes Sewell, Jets land Chase for Darnold or Miami flat out takes Chase at 3 overall.

BPA’s for the Eagles; Parsons, Surtain, Rousseau, Paye, Smith, Waddle and Farley.

Jets could go Smith😏

55 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Jets could go Smith😏

Yeah they could but they could also go Chase.

If there’s one thing I learned in all those years being a fan, hanging around here, is that I should temper my excitement for a specific prospect. If us Eagles fans are all over Chase or Smith for that matter, those Jets fans will be too. It’s even a bigger need for them since poor Darnold has almost nothing to throw at.

Chase reminds me of two former Steelers WR’s in Antonio Brown and Hines Ward while Smith reminds me of Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

Even if he lasts until our pick, I would be stunned if we actually took a WR in the first in back to back years.

Sucks, but I just don't see it. We'll try to outsmart everyone and take a high motor DE from a community college with a "good football IQ".

7 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Chase reminds me of two former Steelers WR’s in Antonio Brown and Hines Ward while Smith reminds me of Marvin Harrison and Isaac Bruce.

Harrison and Bruce had to play 1/2 of their careers before the campaign by the rules committee to help offenses/QBs.  I can't think of a better time than now to be a 175lb WR... well maybe back in the old days when a big linemen weighted 250 or something.

16 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Harrison and Bruce had to play 1/2 of their careers before the campaign by the rules committee to help offenses/QBs.  I can't think of a better time than now to be a 175lb WR... well maybe back in the old days when a big linemen weighted 250 or something.

Indeed! 

But if Chase is still the same guy we saw last year, I still prefer him over Smith and Waddle because of those 25 lbs he has on them. He’s just a more physical guy who can absorb a big hit better IMO.

1 minute ago, Ray75 said:

Indeed! 

But if Chase is still the same guy we saw last year, I still prefer him over Smith and Waddle because of those 25 lbs he has on them. He’s just a more physical guy who can absorb a big hit better IMO.

I'm with you - I think Chase's only problem will be that we haven't seen him play in awhile (he really didn't have much more to prove than a longer run of consistency).

If we stick at 5, I imagine that 3 QBs and the Oregon OT will go ahead of us... but nothing like making draft projections in December.

1 hour ago, Swoop said:

Even if he lasts until our pick, I would be stunned if we actually took a WR in the first in back to back years.

Sucks, but I just don't see it. We'll try to outsmart everyone and take a high motor DE from a community college with a "good football IQ".

So then we pass on Jefferson in 2020 and Chase in 2021 because of ... Reagor.  Perfect.

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I'm with you - I think Chase's only problem will be that we haven't seen him play in awhile (he really didn't have much more to prove than a longer run of consistency).

If we stick at 5, I imagine that 3 QBs and the Oregon OT will go ahead of us... but nothing like making draft projections in December.

Well...I worry about both the Jets and Dolphins. The former might stick with Darnold and took a tackle in april. One of their biggest needs will be receiver. The latter might flat out take Sewell at 3 but I can definitely see the Jets trading out of the No.2 spot with, say, the Bengals. Cincy takes Sewell, Miami takes either Parsons (Flores is a defensive minded HC) or Chase, Jets take the BPA (Smith, a pass rusher or corner) and before you know it Lawrence, Sewell, Chase, Fields/Wilson will be off the board. 

Somehow Chase to the Eagles feels like it’s just not meant to be...if you get what I’m saying. Either he’s off the board or we pass on him.

13 minutes ago, time2rock said:

So then we pass on Jefferson in 2020 and Chase in 2021 because of ... Reagor.  Perfect.

I'm leaning towards Reagor being a gadget guy, who should be taking snaps from Greg Ward; and some combination Quez/Hightower/Reagor can play the Y and Chase the X.  I think Fulgham would benefit from more situational play: big slot, Y in the RZ, more X play. 

3 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Well...I worry about both the Jets and Dolphins. The former might stick with Darnold and took a tackle in april. One of their biggest needs will be receiver. The latter might flat out take Sewell at 3 but I can definitely see the Jets trading out of the No.2 spot with, say, the Bengals. Cincy takes Sewell, Miami takes either Parsons (Flores is a defensive minded HC) or Chase, Jets take the BPA (Smith, a pass rusher or corner) and before you know it Lawrence, Sewell, Chase, Fields/Wilson will be off the board. 

Somehow Chase to the Eagles feels like it’s just not meant to be...if you get what I’m saying. Either he’s off the board or we pass on him.

Hopefully, in this situation we get a nice tradeback for Fields/Wilson or Chase.  If we had to stand pat with Chase off the board, that would not be ideal. 

28 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Hopefully, in this situation we get a nice tradeback for Fields/Wilson or Chase.  If we had to stand pat with Chase off the board, that would not be ideal. 

If Chase is sitting there and we pass on him, I can almost guarnatee you whoever the next team picking is will run to the podium to take him (regardless of whether WR is a need for that team).  It will be similar to Dallas having Lamb falling into their laps this year.  WR was certainly not a need with both Cooper and Gallup there, but they couldn't pass on taking the BPA.  

When it comes to talent evaluation and acquisition, the Jones >>>> Howie.  

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Yep. 

If Chase is sitting there and they pass on him with the justification that we just drafted a "talented WR" in the first round, my hatred for Reagor will increase tenfold 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Yep. 

If Chase is sitting there and they pass on him with the justification that we just drafted a "talented WR" in the first round, my hatred for Reagor will increase tenfold 

Same. I won't forgive passing on Jefferson. 

34 minutes ago, Swoop said:

Yep. 

I don’t have hatred toward Reagor.  Any dislike I have is for the man making the draft decisions.  

27 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I don’t have hatred toward Reagor.  Any dislike I have is for the man making the draft decisions.  

9B26646E-2614-42EB-B13A-CBEC4499F082.jpeg

12 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Yeah they could but they could also go Chase.

If there’s one thing I learned in all those years being a fan, hanging around here, is that I should temper my excitement for a specific prospect. If us Eagles fans are all over Chase or Smith for that matter, those Jets fans will be too. It’s even a bigger need for them since poor Darnold has almost nothing to throw at.

If Douglas is truly a student of Newsome, he trades that pick for multiple picks. That team has needs all over. Could be a team thirsty for a qb that trades up to 2

17 minutes ago, Godfather said:

If Douglas is truly a student of Newsome, he trades that pick for multiple picks. That team has needs all over. Could be a team thirsty for a qb that trades up to 2

True but if we want Chase, we have to hope Jets, Dolphins and Bengals pass on him...

Just now, Ray75 said:

True but if we want Chase, we have to hope Jets, Dolphins and Bengals pass on him...

I can't see the Bengals passing on Sewell. I do agree with the Dolphins. Only plus side is Flores is a d coach. They might go Parsons or Surtain

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I can't see the Bengals passing on Sewell. I do agree with the Dolphins. Only plus side is Flores is a d coach. They might go Parsons or Surtain

Scratch Surtain of that list. They have Xavien Howard and Byron Jones there.

Best case scenario for us; Jets either take a QB themselves or trade the pick to a QB hungry team, Miami can’t pass on Sewell, Atlanta takes a QB or corner, Bengals trade out with another QB hungry team. Home free!

4 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Scratch Surtain of that list. They have Xavien Howard and Byron Jones there.

Best case scenario for us; Jets either take a QB themselves or trade the pick to a QB hungry team, Miami can’t pass on Sewell, Atlanta takes a QB or corner, Bengals trade out with another QB hungry team. Home free!

I keep forgetting they have Byron