Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

Ok, so 2020 is over and it brought me here. I'm going to read a lot of what you all think, and start looking deeper in to who we draft. If Howie tries to get cute... we need to riot outside his office. 😆

5 hours ago, Talonblood said:

Ok, so 2020 is over and it brought me here. I'm going to read a lot of what you all think, and start looking deeper in to who we draft. If Howie tries to get cute... we need to riot outside his office. 😆

Dude is a flat out stud

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Godfather said:

Dude is a flat out stud

What are the chances he outperforms Jefferson's record breaking rookie year?

7 hours ago, judunno said:

Very unlikely lol. I believe Jefferson’s route running is better but hey you never know.

9 hours ago, judunno said:

Not likely but that doesn't take away that he's the best wr in the draft 

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

Very unlikely lol. I believe Jefferson’s route running is better but hey you never know.

I wouldn't say better. Chase is a hell of a route runner 

2 hours ago, Godfather said:

Not likely but that doesn't take away that he's the best wr in the draft 

I wouldn't say better. Chase is a hell of a route runner 

I don't want that to come off as a diss to Chase. I feel like they excel at different aspects when it comes to route running. Chase is good at getting physical at the top of his routes. But from what I seen with Jefferson this year (which may be unfair to Chase), Jefferson is already playing like polished vet in terms of running routes.

But like I said in my previous post, Chase be be equal or even better, who knows until he suits up in the NFL. I would have liked to see him play this year to see how he improved his game but we didn't get that.

57 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I don't want that to come off as a diss to Chase. I feel like they excel at different aspects when it comes to route running. Chase is good at getting physical at the top of his routes. But from what I seen with Jefferson this year (which may be unfair to Chase), Jefferson is already playing like polished vet in terms of running routes.

But like I said in my previous post, Chase be be equal or even better, who knows until he suits up in the NFL. I would have liked to see him play this year to see how he improved his game but we didn't get that.

I didn't take it as a diss at all. Like you said both excel at something better then the other. If both came out at the same time, I would have Chase over Jefferson. It would be close

7 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I didn't take it as a diss at all. Like you said both excel at something better then the other. If both came out at the same time, I would have Chase over Jefferson. It would be close

As a prospect without hindsight, Chase is way better prospect IMO. 

I just dont see Chase falling to #6. They will need to trade up and I dont see this organization trading up into top 5 for a WR.

2 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

As a prospect without hindsight, Chase is way better prospect IMO. 

I just dont see Chase falling to #6. They will need to trade up and I dont see this organization trading up into top 5 for a WR.

I think 3 qbs go in the top 5 with Parsons and Sewell also. I agree with Chase. I think he's a better overall route runner and more physical. I'm not taking anything away from Jefferson

33 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I think 3 qbs go in the top 5 with Parsons and Sewell also. I agree with Chase. I think he's a better overall route runner and more physical. I'm not taking anything away from Jefferson

Who is trading up then? Or do you have the Falcons taking Wilson at 4?

I think there is a real possibility the Jets decide to take Sewell and try to build around Darnold. *I* wouldn’t do it, cause Darnold sucks, but it’s the Jets so... would be fitting for them to stick with that did, while Fields goes on to be a stud. 

Just now, nipples said:

Who is trading up then? Or do you have the Falcons taking Wilson at 4?

I think there is a real possibility the Jets decide to take Sewell and try to build around Darnold. *I* wouldn’t do it, cause Darnold sucks, but it’s the Jets so... would be fitting for them to stick with that did, while Fields goes on to be a stud. 

I have Jets taking Fields or Wilson and ATL taking whoever the Jets passed on. Ryan's days in ATL are coming to an end

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

I have Jets taking Fields or Wilson and ATL taking whoever the Jets passed on. Ryan's days in ATL are coming to an end

I agree on the Falcons. That’s why if the Jets are dumb enough to pass on Fields, I’d be calling up the Dolphins to try to jump up to #3

Just now, nipples said:

I agree on the Falcons. That’s why if the Jets are dumb enough to pass on Fields, I’d be calling up the Dolphins to try to jump up to #3

If they take Fields I think Dolphins take Parsons to add to that defense. Leaving Wilson to ATL

13 hours ago, Godfather said:

If they take Fields I think Dolphins take Parsons to add to that defense. Leaving Wilson to ATL

The Dolphins need WR's.

39 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

The Dolphins need WR's.

They also need OL and a fair few other things though. In other words they could go a number of directions. I think given they have #18 as well they'll go Sewell then WR.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

They also need OL and a fair few other things though. In other words they could go a number of directions. I think given they have #18 as well they'll go Sewell then WR.

Unless, like I could 100% see happening, the Jets take Sewell. The smart move there is to take Fields and acknowledge that Darnrold is garbage. But it’s the Jets, so... I’m inclined to believe they won’t make the smart decision. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Godfather said:

Cincy gets Sewell

I'm not so sure he gets by the Jets at 2 (unless they trade down to a team needing a QB).  Depending on who they hire as the new HC, they could very well decide to stick with Darnold who they just used a 1st rd pick on 3 years ago and try to build around him.  Sewell would be a big boost to their OL.    

1 minute ago, time2rock said:

I'm not so sure he gets by the Jets at 2 (unless they trade down to a team needing a QB).  Depending on who they hire as the new HC, they could very well decide to stick with Darnold who they just used a 1st rd pick on 3 years ago and try to build around him.  Sewell would be a big boost to their OL.    

That is my thought. Everyone is penciling Fields on as the Jets pick but I really think they could decide to stick with Darnold and take Sewell to protect him. 

Then Miami will be bombarded with phone calls trying to get that #3 pick. And hopefully the Eagles are one of the teams calling. 

11 minutes ago, nipples said:

That is my thought. Everyone is penciling Fields on as the Jets pick but I really think they could decide to stick with Darnold and take Sewell to protect him. 

Then Miami will be bombarded with phone calls trying to get that #3 pick. And hopefully the Eagles are one of the teams calling. 

I saw your post immediately after responding to Godfather's.  Fine minds ... 

My optimal scenario ... Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, Parsons (love him but I feel there is zero chance we take him), and one other player (Surtain or Farley perhaps?) go before ours, then either Carolina (8) or Denver (9) reach out wishing to trade up offering up their 3rd (or better).  We move down 2-3 spots and still land Chase along with the extra pick.  🙏 

Do whatever it takes. Get it right for once. 

Spoiler

#GameChanger

:thumbsup:JaMarr Chase - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN:thumbsup:

On 1/6/2021 at 8:39 AM, time2rock said:

I saw your post immediately after responding to Godfather's.  Fine minds ... 

My optimal scenario ... Lawrence, Sewell, Fields, Parsons (love him but I feel there is zero chance we take him), and one other player (Surtain or Farley perhaps?) go before ours, then either Carolina (8) or Denver (9) reach out wishing to trade up offering up their 3rd (or better).  We move down 2-3 spots and still land Chase along with the extra pick.  🙏 

Fleece em.  Trade with Carolina. Move from 6 to 8. Pick up a 2nd. Take Chase with 8. Then use both 2nds to move back into rd 1 and get one of the top CBs. 

Id ish my pants. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, What The F said:

Fleece em.  Trade with Carolina. Move from 6 to 8. Pick up a 2nd. Take Chase with 8. Then use both 2nds to move back into rd 1 and get one of the top CBs. 

Id ish my pants. 

Devonta Smith> Chase. No need to move, I  think we can get him at 6. Trade Wentz(if possible) for a 12-14 pick and take Mac Jones. Now you have instant chemistry with the Heisman WR. Also get UDFA Zac Thomas and say bye to suds. Now you have 3 QB's all on rook pay and the Heisman WR to boot. BTW Jones is in the title game, he can't suck too bad. Lawrence is NOT in the title game. He got rattled.