Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

McShay has the Eagles passing on him at 6. This board would meltdown lol.

I think he has us taking Parsons if I remember right?

What we Chase fans have to hope for is for the Dolphins to trade down with a QB needy team like the Panthers or Niners.

If they trade with Carolina, they could still address their top needs (OL, LB and WR) with top talent (Smith, Waddle, Slater, Parsons, Collins, Darrsaw, Owusu-Koramoah).

If that happens at least 3 QB’s go in the top 5 (maybe even 4 if Falcons also decide to go QB). Sewell would fall into the Bengals lap and Chase would be available at 6.

This what a F'ing Tie does to your draft position. As I posted when it happened, I HATE ties.

3 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

This what a F'ing Tie does to your draft position. As I posted when it happened, I HATE ties.

A tie should count as a loss for both teams moving forward lol

11 hours ago, Sack that QB said:

McShay has the Eagles passing on him at 6. This board would meltdown lol.

I think he has us taking Parsons if I remember right?

Has he not paid attention to the Eagles draft history? Zero chance they take a LB there with WR on the board. 

On 1/8/2021 at 8:37 AM, PoconoDon said:

There is no reason for games to end in a tie.  Just play an untimed overtime period, give each team at least one possession, even if team with ball first scores a TD.  You give the 2nd team the opportunity to match ... if they do it is now sudden death ... first team to score again wins, game over right then.  If 2nd team does not match with a TD on their first possession, game over immediately upon losing possession.    

• Like 2

The way Devonta is playing he might knock Chase right down to us...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, PhiEaglesWin07 said:

The way Devonta is playing he might knock Chase right down to us...

I’m happy with either one. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Outlaw said:

I’m happy with either one. 

I much prefer Chase, but wouldn't hate picking Smith. I think what you could ask Smith to do would be limited due to danger of injury. Spending such a high pick on a limited player seems like a mistake.  

1 minute ago, PoconoDon said:

I much prefer Chase, but wouldn't hate picking Smith. I think what you could ask Smith to do would be limited due to danger of injury. Spending such a high pick on a limited player seems like a mistake.  

Well, prepare for a scary season, when we play with Hurts running style and Smith plus Reagor. But if they don't get injured, we can make some real noise.

6 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Spending such a high pick on a limited player seems like a mistake

Limited? Did you see him last night? While Chase was sitting on his ass all year Smith was making defenses look silly. 

Just now, Uscg-green said:

Limited? Did you see him last night? While Chase was sitting on his ass all year Smith was making defenses look silly. 

Yes limited. Run him on a crossing route into #33 from Seattle and see how much of that 174 lb. body is left unbroken. This is D-JAX all over again. Limited route tree in the NFL because he can't absorb the punishment at that level. Dunta Robinson says hi!

This isn't college any more. There are grown men as fast as him and weighing 220+ who are getting paid to lay the wood to that kid. You MUST protect him, so no slants, Ins, curls, digs, and crossing routes. He can only run the vertical stuff and occasional WR screen safely. Oh, and not too many Jet Sweeps either, a LB'er might catch on to that and break his thigh bone. The dude is a toothpick and those guys just don't make it to the top with any regularity.

Maybe he will be the one guy in history to avoid all hard hits for a 10+ year career and go into the HOF based on his ballerina like finesse skills production. If the Eagles draft him, I hope that's exactly what he becomes. Odds are however, that he will not be able to handle the physical side of Pro Football and will get hurt too often to be a reliable impact player every week.

On 1/10/2021 at 4:23 PM, Sack that QB said:

109 days

How many days now? 

6 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Yes limited. Run him on a crossing route into #33 from Seattle and see how much of that 174 lb. body is left unbroken. This is D-JAX all over again. Limited route tree in the NFL because he can't absorb the punishment at that level. Dunta Robinson says hi!

This isn't college any more. There are grown men as fast as him and weighing 220+ who are getting paid to lay the wood to that kid. You MUST protect him, so no slants, Ins, curls, digs, and crossing routes. He can only run the vertical stuff and occasional WR screen safely. Oh, and not too many Jet Sweeps either, a LB'er might catch on to that and break his thigh bone. The dude is a toothpick and those guys just don't make it to the top with any regularity.

Maybe he will be the one guy in history to avoid all hard hits for a 10+ year career and go into the HOF based on his ballerina like finesse skills production. If the Eagles draft him, I hope that's exactly what he becomes. Odds are however, that he will not be able to handle the physical side of Pro Football and will get hurt too often to be a reliable impact player every week.

I'm sure Smith's performance this season and in particular in the championship game gave Howie wood - I could easily see him taking Smith over Chase.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'm sure Smith's performance this season and in particular in the championship game gave Howie wood - I could easily see him taking Smith over Chase.  

I'm hoping Miami removes his chance to do so by taking Smith themselves.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

I've said he's basically DJax (in terms of size and physical stature), but without that next gear elite level speed DJax has.  I don't think that's worth the #6.  Sure, he looked great in the NCG last night, but the Bama OC totally schooled the OSU DC and schemed WRs open all night.  Even the friggin 2nd teamers marched down the field to score easily.  He is a talented WR, but with that frame all it takes is one hard hit and he's done.  You're right that this isn't college any more.  He'll be going up against men much bigger than him and just as fast who have a far better understanding of the game than college players.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Green_Guinness said:

I've said he's basically DJax (in terms of size and physical stature), but without that next gear elite level speed DJax has.  I don't think that's worth the #6.  Sure, he looked great in the NCG last night, but the Bama OC totally schooled the OSU DC and schemed WRs open all night.  Even the friggin 2nd teamers marched down the field to score easily.  He is a talented WR, but with that frame all it takes is one hard hit and he's done.  You're right that this isn't college any more.  He'll be going up against men much bigger than him and just as fast who have a far better understanding of the game than college players.

Yeah I just don’t think he’s as great an overall prospect coming out of Bama like Julio or Jeudy. I like him better than I liked Ruggs coming out though. If he and Chase are both on the board, I’m taking Chase. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Yeah I just don’t think he’s as great an overall prospect coming out of Bama like Julio or Jeudy. I like him better than I liked Ruggs coming out though. If he and Chase are both on the board, I’m taking Chase. 

Agreed. Chase to me is the more complete receiver. I mean he put up better numbers than Jefferson when they played together, and we just saw what Jefferson did in the NFL...

Chase > Smith. But with our luck, which ever one we take, the other will be the stud. With that said, who knows if we even take a WR.

18 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Chase > Smith. But with our luck, which ever one we take, the other will be the stud. With that said, who knows if we even take a WR.

I was really against taking a receiver with #6 because firstly it's over valued as a position and secondly because the D has been badly neglected for the past few years and really needs more talent.

But I'm coming round to the idea, especially as we will probably be rebuilding for a couple of years and I'm not sure if there is a player on D other than Parsons worthy of the pick. We definitely need to use our second on the D though. (And interior O-Line is still a need).

I don't watch college football so am reliant on youtube clips and scouting reports. It seems to be that Chase is the better pick given we already have Reagor and Watkins and as others say I'm a bit wary of spending pick 6 on a 174 pound guy.

3 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I was really against taking a receiver with #6 because firstly it's over valued as a position and secondly because the D has been badly neglected for the past few years and really needs more talent.

But I'm coming round to the idea, especially as we will probably be rebuilding for a couple of years and I'm not sure if there is a player on D other than Parsons worthy of the pick. We definitely need to use our second on the D though. (And interior O-Line is still a need).

I don't watch college football so am reliant on youtube clips and scouting reports. It seems to be that Chase is the better pick given we already have Reagor and Watkins and as others say I'm a bit wary of spending pick 6 on a 174 pound guy.

Chase at 6, Samuel Jr at 37. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nipples said:

Chase at 6, Samuel Jr at 37. 

Most of the mocks I've seen have Samuel Jr going in 3rd round, mainly due to size concerns, but you think he's value in early round 2? (genuine question).