Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

51 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Most of the mocks I've seen have Samuel Jr going in 3rd round, mainly due to size concerns, but you think he's value in early round 2? (genuine question).

What mocks are those? Most of the ones I have seen have him in the 2nd if not late 1st. His draft stock is rising. A good combine showing and he’s a sure late 1st/early 2nd guy IMO. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2021/asante-samuel-jr

This site compiles mocks and shows where he is taken in that mock. Notice how there is only one on the list currently that says round 3? The rest are either 2nd and quite a few first round projections. 

8 minutes ago, nipples said:

What mocks are those? Most of the ones I have seen have him in the 2nd if not late 1st. His draft stock is rising. A good combine showing and he’s a sure late 1st/early 2nd guy IMO. 

https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/players/2021/asante-samuel-jr

This site compiles mocks and shows where he is taken in that mock. Notice how there is only one on the list currently that says round 3? The rest are either 2nd and quite a few first round projections. 

Ah fair - one of the ones I saw was Walter Football, can’t remember the other.

2 hours ago, nipples said:

Chase at 6, Samuel Jr at 37. 

If both are available. This would be ideal and would prove the FO understands the needs of this team... not holding my breath. 

• Like 3

Recency bias might hurt Chase but help the Eagles.

Teams could be high on Smith after his performance on Monday, which could vault him to MIA and a reunion with Tua.

That could help the Eagles get Chase, who I like slightly better based on size. Both were extremely productive and show great athletic skills.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kentwo said:

Recency bias might hurt Chase but help the Eagles.

Teams could be high on Smith after his performance on Monday, which could vault him to MIA and a reunion with Tua.

That could help the Eagles get Chase, who I like slightly better based on size. Both were extremely productive and show great athletic skills.

Can't go wrong with either receiver but Chase is a f'ing BEAST.  He's constantly getting YAC because he's so physical.  His highlight reel is insane.

10 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Until he's a Bengal. 

If he’s a bengal that means Sewell would be an eagle then I would imagine which even tho we took Dillard 2 years ago and we still don’t know what we have I wouldn’t be upset about

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Milkman420 said:

If he’s a bengal that means Sewell would be an eagle then I would imagine which even tho we took Dillard 2 years ago and we still don’t know what we have I wouldn’t be upset about

Sewell not dropping to 6.

Hard to imagine him getting back Miami at #3 if the Jets don’t take him. If Miami doesn’t take him, he damn sure isn’t getting past the Bengals. This guy is considered the 2nd best prospect in the draft and one of the best oline prospects in the last decade.

Mae have seen some crazy things in the draft but Sewell in top 5 is a lock

Every time I think there's a chance to get Chase, I  remember...Howie.<_<

16 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

Every time I think there's a chance to get Chase, I  remember...Howie.<_<

And you know what? I hate to say it but... If Howie picks Chase? I'll be hesitant as to whether Chase is going to be legit at the top level. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And you know what? I hate to say it but... If Howie picks Chase? I'll be hesitant as to whether Chase is going to be legit at the top level. 

I hear you. It's  a natural reaction to his decision making...LOL.

• Like 1

Just now, PoconoDon said:

I hear you. It's  a natural reaction to his decision making...LOL.

No question about that. At this point I'll assume whoever we pick, in whatever round, will be a bad pick until proven otherwise. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

No question about that. At this point I'll assume whoever we pick, in whatever round, will be a bad pick until proven otherwise. 

Dolphins pick Chase, then Howie trades #6 to them along with some additional compensation. They get Chase, but Howie didn’t technically "pick” him. Problem solved. 😆 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we can say that about any player they draft. 

We just have to hope that with better coaching, scheme and practice methods it changes the direction of player development here. 

• Like 2

On 1/15/2021 at 4:32 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I want Howie to pick whoever Howie doesn’t want to pick.  :mellow2:

• Like 1

1- Smith-WR- Bama   2-Tyson Campbell-CB-Georgia  3-Kenneth Gainwell-RB-Memphis  5- Bobby Brown-DL3tech- Georgia  5-Micha McFadden-ILB-Indiana  6-Tariq Thompson-S- SD st.  7-Jordan Smith-edge-UAB   UDFA-Zac Thomas-QB App. St(and show Suds the door)

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

I want Howie to pick whoever Howie doesn’t want to pick.  :mellow2:

I like that strategy. Howie should definitely adopt that. 

On 1/16/2021 at 8:41 PM, GreenbleedinNC said:

1- Smith-WR- Bama   2-Tyson Campbell-CB-Georgia  3-Kenneth Gainwell-RB-Memphis  5- Bobby Brown-DL3tech- Georgia  5-Micha McFadden-ILB-Indiana  6-Tariq Thompson-S- SD st.  7-Jordan Smith-edge-UAB   UDFA-Zac Thomas-QB App. St(and show Suds the door)

I like picks 1/2, and would love to get Thompson that late. 

• Like 1

Is no one else concerned that Chase hasn't played a lick of football in over a year? I don't doubt he'll have kept himself in shape but he'll be rusty as anything and there's no guarantee that next years pre season will be a proper pre season yet.

It's typically Eagles that we get a top ten pick the year the draft is even more crap shoot that usual, and we still have the crappest crap shooter.