Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

Him on the outside opposite of Reagor would look deadly. My favorite wr prospect coming out since Deboo Samuel 

If we end up with a top 5, maybe 10 pick, we'll have a shot. Hopefully that's not the case tho and we turn it around. He's a good player.

On 9/27/2020 at 3:51 AM, Jenkins27 said:

If we end up with a top 5, maybe 10 pick, we'll have a shot. Hopefully that's not the case tho and we turn it around. He's a good player.

Hopefully that’s not the case?!

I’m not being pessimistic or anything but I really think something’s off and an aweful record won’t necessarily be a bad thing.

Do you really want to be stuck in this circle? 5 years in and we still don’t know what we have in CW, offense isn’t evolving, Howie is still holding on to expensive aging veterans and how many drafts do you want him to F up for us anyway?!

If they end up with a 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 record , you won’t see any fundamental changes and we’ll be stuck with Howie’s antics for another 5 years.

I’m done with that! We need change! I don’t want to be stuck in this circle anymore. We need a new GM, a true football mind, a great talent evaluator, one with a clear vision what identity his team should have, NOT a glorified accountant who thinks he’s smarter than the rest.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jenkins27 said:

I hope we do suck and get a top 10 or top 5 pick. We need better players on this team. I'm done being average/mediocre 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godfather said:

I hope we do suck and get a top 10 or top 5 pick. We need better players on this team. I'm done being average/mediocre 

Bingo. Bingo bingo bingo. This team needs an injection of young star talent. If that means for a few years we need to struggle but can build back up then so be it. 

Adding Chase would be incredible. 

What we know is that the Eagles will not be parting ways with Wentz. So with that said, if we are in the top 5, which I fully expect, I pray we get Chase. We need sure things in the draft and Chase is the closest thing to a sure thing in this draft. Draft him and dont look back. 

One thing about the Eagles, they are one of the best teams finding OL late in the draft or undrafted so no need to draft a OL in top 5. 

Considering that we are headed for a top 10, maybe top 5 pick, we’ll be in prime position. 

Chase and Reagor outside, Ward in the slot, then hopefully one of Watkins or Hightower emerge as a legit 4th WR over the course of this season and we’ll be in business. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

This is the one to get. 100%.

You would think but he'll probably pass and take a guy who has an injury history or who isn't as good as Chase

18 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

This is the one to get. 100%.

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

You would think but he'll probably pass and take a guy who has an injury history or who isn't as good as Chase

He’d indeed be perfect to pair with Reagor. My fear is that we’ll end up with too good a record to grab him.

The East stinks and an 7-9 or 8-8 record could possibly win it. As long as they believe they’re in the mix, they’ll fight until the very end. But what good is a division title if you’re one and done in the play-offs?! I rather have the better draft pick and not watch Jerry Jones steal an elite talent right before our noses.

With the new format, missing the play-offs would instantly give you a top 16 pick. This team will either win the division or just miss out on it and probably wind up with a pick between, say, 12 and 16. 

If Chase will be available in that range is anyone’s guess. Too early for that...

A good corner like Surtain, Wade or Farley to pair with Slay, a top pass rusher or a LB like Moses (will never happen, I know 😢), will also do in that range IMO. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

He’d indeed be perfect to pair with Reagor. My fear is that we’ll end up with too good a record to grab him.

The East stinks and an 7-9 or 8-8 record could possibly win it. As long as they believe they’re in the mix, they’ll fight until the very end. But what good is a division title if you’re one and done in the play-offs?! I rather have the better draft pick and not watch Jerry Jones steal an elite talent right before our noses.

With the new format, missing the play-offs would instantly give you a top 16 pick. This team will either win the division or just miss out on it and probably wind up with a pick between, say, 12 and 16. 

If Chase will be available in that range is anyone’s guess. Too early for that...

A good corner like Surtain, Wade or Farley to pair with Slay, a top pass rusher or a LB like Moses (will never happen, I know 😢), will also do in that range IMO. 

Unfortunately I think this is right!

This team will be just good enough (again) to screw themselves in the draft. They will be just good enough to back their way in to the play offs and be one and done. Again.

And then there will be no real changes in the off season, no major rebuild and Howie will once again mess up our picks in next years draft.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Unfortunately I think this is right!

This team will be just good enough (again) to screw themselves in the draft. They will be just good enough to back their way in to the play offs and be one and done. Again.

And then there will be no real changes in the off season, no major rebuild and Howie will once again mess up our picks in next years draft.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I want them to wind up with a bad record. Enough for a top 10 pick and Lurie to give Howie the sack but also with enough positive notes (looking specifically at you, Mr. Wentz) for a new regime to build upon. 

25 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

You hit the nail right on the head.

Maybe I’m in the minority here but I want them to wind up with a bad record. Enough for a top 10 pick and Lurie to give Howie the sack but also with enough positive notes (looking specifically at you, Mr. Wentz) for a new regime to build upon. 

I think it is a hard thing to admit but you know I agree with you.

Nobody wants to see their team suck but these draft picks in the bottom half of the first round are doing us no good. And actually it is more than that. Not only are we missing out on the elite talents but we also continue on with Howie and that is the greater issue! I wouldn't mind finishing 9-7 and slowly rebuilding if we had a GM who drafted well and was taking the team in the right direction but Howie isn't. He is incompetent.

Last year I though Jeudy and Chase were the top 2 college WR's. I think Chase is better than every other WR taken last year, and will be better than all others taken in April.

F'ing get him, whatever the cost.

If we end up with a top 5 pick then I think you have to grab him.

But I've said it before, the D has been badly neglected in the draft over the past 4/5 years. It's starting to show this year. People want Schwartz gone and they may well get their wish, but the lack of young talent is really starting to tell and to get anywhere in the NFL you need at least a decent D. 

41 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

But I've said it before, the D has been badly neglected in the draft over the past 4/5 years. It's starting to show this year. People want Schwartz gone and they may well get their wish, but the lack of young talent is really starting to tell and to get anywhere in the NFL you need at least a decent D. 

Its a tricky one isn't it. I mean for me there's only one way to go... BPA. And with this team that doesn't matter what position. If BPA is a LB that could transform this D then go get that player. If that's Chase then go get him. If that's Trevor or Justin and this organisation thinks they are one of the best QB talents then bring them in. 

10 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

If we end up with a top 5 pick then I think you have to grab him.

Well, I wouldn’t say badly neglected (see DL) but I’d say; structually devaluing specific positions, especially in the draft.

We haven’t used a first rounder on a corner for almost 20 years and taken a LB there for about 40. Last time we used high draft picks on those positions; Mychal Kendricks (2nd in 2012) and Sidney Jones (2nd in 2017). The latter has been well documented and discussed around here, the former we passed on Bobby Wagner to get.

That has to change IMO and therefor I’d be all in for getting a top LB like Mycah Parsons or Dylan Moses or a quality corner like Patrick Surtain II, Shaun Wade or Caleb Farley in the first for a change, even if I’d love the Eagles to get Chase.

Heck to get it right for once; use your first and second rounders on a CB and LB. A combination of Parsons or Moses in the first with a corner like Campbell or Adebo in the second or the other way around, a corner like Surtain, Farley or Wade in the first and LB like Bolton or Surratt in the second (prefer that scenario btw).

If we’re sellers at the trade deadline and trade, say, Ertz and/or Cox, we’d probably have another or even two extra second rounders to play with and get another WR.

But hey, that’s just my thinking...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Well, I wouldn’t say badly neglected (see DL) but I’d say; structually devaluing specific positions, especially in the draft.

Ain't that the truth!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Its a tricky one isn't it. I mean for me there's only one way to go... BPA. And with this team that doesn't matter what position. If BPA is a LB that could transform this D then go get that player. If that's Chase then go get him. If that's Trevor or Justin and this organisation thinks they are one of the best QB talents then bring them in. 

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

We haven’t used a first rounder on a corner for almost 20 years and taken a LB there for about 40. Last time we used high draft picks on those positions; Mychal Kendricks (2nd in 2012) and Sidney Jones (2nd in 2017). The latter has been well documented and discussed around here, the former we passed on Bobby Wagner to get.

That has to change IMO and therefor I’d be all in for getting a top LB like Mycah Parsons or Dylan Moses or a quality corner like Patrick Surtain II, Shaun Wade or Caleb Farley in the first for a change, even if I’d love the Eagles to get Chase.

Heck to get it right for once; use your first and second rounders on a CB and LB. A combination of Parsons or Moses in the first with a corner like Campbell or Adebo in the second or the other way around, a corner like Surtain, Farley or Wade in the first and LB like Bolton or Surratt in the second (prefer that scenario btw).

If we’re sellers at the trade deadline and trade, say, Ertz and/or Cox, we’d probably have another or even two extra second rounders to play with and get another WR.

But hey, that’s just my thinking...

Hey look If we get in the top 5 I’m down with drafting Chase. We could then trade Ertz hopefully for a second and go Defense heavy in the 2nd and 3rd.

What I’m not okay is going all in to get him (is giving up more high picks). We’ve hardly spent any first second or (non compensatory) third round picks on the D in the last 5 years and it’s starting to show.

Desperately need some young talent there.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Hey look If we get in the top 5 I’m down with drafting Chase. We could then trade Ertz hopefully for a second and go Defense heavy in the 2nd and 3rd.

What I’m not okay is going all in to get him (is giving up more high picks). We’ve hardly spent any first second or (non compensatory) third round picks on the D in the last 5 years and it’s starting to show.

My wish list;

- new GM, true football mind who brings a new philosophy;

- new DC who also values the LB and DB position. One who’ll balance things out better;

- a QB guru to get inside Wentz’s head;

- for that to happen we need a bad record and missing the play-offs altogether;

- trade Cox, Ertz and any other Eagles veteran worth something for as many draft picks as possible tor badly needed  cap relief;

- top 10-15 pick we use on either WR Chase, DE Basham or Rousseau, LB Parsons or Moses or corner Surtain, Caleb or Wade.

- CB and LB position will finally be valued correctly.

41 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Oh absolutely! If we have a top 5 pick then sit pretty and take the BPA. I am not down with giving up high picks to move up and get any player in this draft. This is not where this team is at and we need elite play making talent all over the roster.

I'm good with Chase in the first if he is BPA and then going defense heavy with our second round pick(s). I am fully on board with trading Ertz hopefully for a second and maybe even Cox if the value is there...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Well based on what we’ve seen this year, I’m pretty confident this team will be picking at least in the top 10. 

Most of us that are talking about wanting Chase, aren’t talking about moving up. We believe this team as it currently stands is bad enough to be in position to draft him without moving up. 

I see little chance of winning either of these next two games, so we’ll e looking at a 1-4-1 start. The only games left I see that I feel confident they will win is both Giants games. They have a shot at beating Washington but that’s obviously far from a given. Maybe they squeak out another surprise win somewhere. Bottom line I’d be surprised if they top 5 wins. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nipples said:

Well based on what we’ve seen this year, I’m pretty confident this team will be picking at least in the top 10. 

Most of us that are talking about wanting Chase, aren’t talking about moving up. We believe this team as it currently stands is bad enough to be in position to draft him without moving up. 

I see little chance of winning either of these next two games, so we’ll e looking at a 1-4-1 start. The only games left I see that I feel confident they will win is both Giants games. They have a shot at beating Washington but that’s obviously far from a given. Maybe they squeak out another surprise win somewhere. Bottom line I’d be surprised if they top 5 wins. 

Good point! With 5 wins, you’re probably not picking in the top 5 and we might have to trade up to secure Chase. Both NY teams could be looking for a top WR if they stick with the current QB that is.

41 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Good point! With 5 wins, you’re probably not picking in the top 5 and we might have to trade up to secure Chase. Both NY teams could be looking for a top WR if they stick with the current QB that is.

Well 5 wins could still be a top 5 pick. Miami was 5-11 last year and picked 5th. 

• Like 1