Ja'Marr Chase (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CINCINNATI #5

Godfather

5 hours ago, GreenbleedinNC said:

1) Twyman-DL  2-Surratt-LB  3) pick a CB OR Terrance Marshall(WR-LSU). He is overshadowed by Chase who should go first ,but why spend a 1 when you can get  a similar guy in the same offense in 3. We can ruin either one easliy lol. I am assuming we pick around 9th-14th and a 6th pick I want(since we have 4 of those) is Zac Thomas QB- Appalachian state

And now you’ve entered my territory. Welcome!

We have a place for posting mocks on the EMB.

As for your mock; no to DT in the first (we have enough of them), love Surratt, Marchall will most likely wind up a 2nd round selection (could even go late first IMO), too late to go CB (top 3 priority IMO).

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

And now you’ve entered my territory. Welcome!

We have a place for posting mocks on the EMB.

As for your mock; no to DT in the first (we have enough of them), love Surratt, Marchall will most likely wind up a 2nd round selection (could even go late first IMO), too late to go CB (top 3 priority IMO).

Yeah I said CB in 3 OR Marshall(WR) to add to our bevy of young guys. Twyman is not what we have. He should be  better than what we have. Thanks for the welcome. I am on the 411 under open discussion with a handful of guys that have been good and stayed in their room LOL,You are welcome to join us. No real rules,TRY and be nice,most times it works lol.Happy Thanksgiving and if you want to shoot the BS stop on in.BTW my real pick was Parsons,but realistically he would be gone thus Surratt in 2

• Like 1

https://www.radio.com/94wip/sports/eagles/the-eagles-trading-carson-wentz-isnt-as-crazy-as-you-think?fbclid=IwAR2wwoPeKHrgAMxcx2ZEspy4TCSKLIsO87pq_jRQhfSkEk4JDDcJ9vtrOTg   so here we go then riding the TMZ express

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Thanks to the Football Team, the Eagles are now picking 8th overall.

All depends on the Eagles finishing record.  At 3-12-1 they will likely pick #4, 4-11-1 would be 5th or 6th overall, 5-10-1 would be around #8.  Any better record than that they’ll probably win the division and pick #19 or higher.

It’s early to say yet, but Chase might go #5, Jaylen Waddle maybe outside the top 10, Smith from Alabama and Rondale Moore probably middle of Round 1

4 hours ago, PoconoDon said:

Thanks to the Football Team, the Eagles are now picking 8th overall.

Don, can someone please explain to me why so many of you have a man crush on this kid?!

Watched some LSU games last year, tons of tape, read multiple reports etc , etc. I see a very good player who might be just 5’11 ft runs somewhere around 4,5 who reminds me of Robert Woods and Anquan Boldin and also has some Steve Smith, and JuJu Smith-Schuster in him.

He might be a hair better than last years top receiver prospects in Jeudy, Lamp and Ruggs but a generational talent I just don’t see...

Not another WR. 

So many holes to fill. After Howie makes cuts to get back under the salary cap, the Dline will be paper thin. Not to mention the Oline if Kelce retires and/or Brooks isn't up to form. 

The Eagles can't be a QB and WR factory, gotta fill some holes and hope that the young guys they drafted last year pan out. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Don, can someone please explain to me why so many of you have a man crush on this kid?!

Watched some LSU games last year, tons of tape, read multiple reports etc , etc. I see a very good player who might be just 5’11 ft runs somewhere around 4,5 who reminds me of Robert Woods and Anquan Boldin and also has some Steve Smith, and JuJu Smith-Schuster in him.

He might be a hair better than last years top receiver prospects in Jeudy, Lamp and Ruggs but a generational talent I just don’t see...

He is 6' tall, weighs 208, and got his 40 time down to 4.40 according the the Athletic and Bleacher report. He catches with his hands, is even quicker than fast, is unusually strong for his size when playing, he's fearless, runs good routes, and because he is hyper competitive, mentally, emotionally, and physically tough, he will out muscle d-backs all day long. He reportedly has a Rice like work ethic. Off the field no red flags. On the field no red flags.

Think a bigger, stronger and faster Hines Ward. Who wouldn't want a difference maker like that on your team when it's 3rd and long? He looks to me like he doesn't play just to win but plays to dominate. That's why I love the kid and think he is exactly what the Eagles need at WR. In the biggest game of the year, I think he was the best WR on the field without question. He is improving a lot in every area of his game, and that only comes from dedication and hard work.

Some guys realize they are better than everyone around them and have the confident body language to match. I see that in him just like I saw it in Owens and a few other dominant WR's. I've seen him kind of chuckle to himself quietly as he beats double team coverages like it was easy.

I see an Eagle in waiting and given the lack of top end talent at DE and CB this year, along with the fact that the Eagles won't go LB'er early (Parsons), I see him as the lone big impact player to get. To me, its the smartest move they could make. Get Chase this year while targeting Stingley JR next year. I want them to get elite talent at WR and CB over the next 2 drafts, and I think these two guys are just that.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, PoconoDon said:

He is 6' tall, weighs 208, and got his 40 time down to 4.40 according the the Athletic and Bleacher report. He catches with his hands, is even quicker than fast, is unusually strong for his size when playing, he's fearless, runs good routes, and because he is hyper competitive, mentally, emotionally, and physically tough, he will out muscle d-backs all day long. He reportedly has a Rice like work ethic. Off the field no red flags. On the field no red flags.

Think a bigger, stronger and faster Hines Ward. Who wouldn't want a difference maker like that on your team when it's 3rd and long? He looks to me like he doesn't play just to win but plays to dominate. That's why I love the kid and think he is exactly what the Eagles need at WR. In the biggest game of the year, I think he was the best WR on the field without question. He is improving a lot in every area of his game, and that only comes from dedication and hard work.

Some guys realize they are better than everyone around them and have the confident body language to match. I see that in him just like I saw it in Owens and a few other dominant WR's. I've seen him kind of chuckle to himself quietly as he beats double team coverages like it was easy.

I see an Eagle in waiting and given the lack of top end talent at DE and CB this year, along with the fact that the Eagles won't go LB'er early (Parsons), I see him as the lone big impact player to get. To me, its the smartest move they could make. Get Chase this year while targeting Stingley JR next year. I want them to get elite talent at WR and CB over the next 2 drafts, and I think these two guys are just that.

Ward is one of my favorite players ever! I even own a custom Steelers helmet...

It’s a bit early to compare him to a HOF-er IMO but if he has the potential of becoming Ward 2.0, I want him BAD!  Warrior! 👊🏻

E793A1F0-E390-4825-8C0F-FEB6117583D3.jpeg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Ward is one of my favorite players ever! I even own a custom Steelers helmet...

It’s a bit early to compare him to a HOF-er IMO but if he has the potential of becoming Ward 2.0, I want him BAD!  Warrior! 👊🏻

E793A1F0-E390-4825-8C0F-FEB6117583D3.jpeg

Very nice helmet.

As for the comparison, that's just how I see him. I could be totally wrong, and he could end up a bust, but right now I want the kid on the Eagles.

• Like 1

I think we put a lot of stock in to size and 40 times, we are all guilty of it. But what matters is what a player does on the field. Antonio Brown (for all the red flags) isn't the biggest or the quickest or the fastest. But he gets it. On the field he produced and that is massively important. 

Sure sometimes you take the chance on an athletic freak (Metcalf) and that'll work out. But sometimes you take the guy who's a dawg on the field. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I think we put a lot of stock in to size and 40 times, we are all guilty of it. But what matters is what a player does on the field. Antonio Brown (for all the red flags) isn't the biggest or the quickest or the fastest. But he gets it. On the field he produced and that is massively important. 

Sure sometimes you take the chance on an athletic freak (Metcalf) and that'll work out. But sometimes you take the guy who's a dawg on the field. 

Picking the guy that is a bit small and slow because he looked good beating bad coverage seems risky. But after a year of him not playing, picking him top10? 

Look, if they do I'll root for him, but that seems like one hell of a risk to take on.

We don't need to force yet another pick at WR.  We have far more pressing needs all over the D and at OL.

20 minutes ago, Arsenal79 said:

We don't need to force yet another pick at WR.  We have far more pressing needs all over the D and at OL.

Chase isn't a force pick. If he's BPA, you take him. This is a deep year for oline. 

1 minute ago, Godfather said:

Chase isn't a force pick. If he's BPA, you take him. This is a deep year for oline. 

We should trade down/out if that's the case.  We don't need him and we have far more pressing issues pretty much everywhere else on the roster.

Just now, Arsenal79 said:

We should trade down/out if that's the case.  We don't need him and we have far more pressing issues pretty much everywhere else on the roster.

Trade down so Howie can reach on another player?  Good thing with having a top 10 pick, it's hard to f it up. If they're all in on Wentz and want him to succeed, get him a player like Chase and stop the musical chairs at WR. This is a deep class at oline and Eagles always invest in that so I'm not worried about that. Getting Kelce replacement should be the key when they target the oline

@PoconoDon to piggyback off of what you said about chase in the Paye thread. 

To land chase ok think we need to lose the division and pick before the Giants. They invested in the oline last year and have a Vick 2.0 in Jones at qb. WRs are meh in NY. Also the skins could take Chase because skins gonna be skins. Unless the Giants want a guy like Surtain really bad to give them someone next to Bradberry. Those are the only two I think they'd definitely want. 

1 minute ago, 20dawk4life said:

@PoconoDon to piggyback off of what you said about chase in the Paye thread. 

To land chase ok think we need to lose the division and pick before the Giants. They invested in the oline last year and have a Vick 2.0 in Jones at qb. WRs are meh in NY. Also the skins could take Chase because skins gonna be skins. Unless the Giants want a guy like Surtain really bad to give them someone next to Bradberry. Those are the only two I think they'd definitely want. 

I think you're probably right. I also think the Eagles, especially now that Lane is out for the season, might just lose out. If they do, they'll pick before the rest of the NFCE. Dallas should win a couple more too.

7 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

I disagree, I think he’s exactly what this offense needs. We need someone who’s automatic, that you can depend on to get open and make the catch. We don’t have anyone like that at all right now. 

and if we are in the position to draft him, you take him. 

11 hours ago, Arsenal79 said:

We have a bunch of Matt Millens who want a WR every year.😆  OL draft picks are never exciting enough.  But, it's pretty obvious that OL and a pass rushing DE are the priority.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

We have a bunch of Matt Millens who want a WR every year.😆  OL draft picks are never exciting enough.  But, it's pretty obvious that OL and a pass rushing DE are the priority.  

I'd agree that DE is a major need for this team. OL too but I do think with the pieces we have it is possible to improve the OL beyond the first round. Much harder to do at WR and DE I think.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CaliEagle said:

Agreed! But this one is not about "just” a WR but one who has the potential to become the next AB without the character concerns.

It all boils down to who’s the BPA, especially if we pick in or close to the top 5.

If graded equally, you take the pass rusher because Sewell will likely be off the board and the next best O-lineman will not be worthy of that high a pick but if you have a higher grade on Chase than any pass rusher available (Paye or Rousseau), don’t hesitate, just take him.

• Like 1

Id still rather have Ceedee Lamb. Any chance the Cowboys take our top 10 pick in the first for him? 

• Haha 1

Currently sitting at #6 in the draft. Lets grab Chase and if he ends up being a bust, I dont want to hear about Jefferson or Metcalf anymore. That would just mean those guys would have been terrible with the eagles as well.

I think they do go WR because they've failed so much at getting Wentz a weapon. Though he has to be able to start and be a stud