This Eagles team just isn’t fun

UK_EaglesFan89

This Eagles team just isn’t fun

The Philadelphia Eagles aren’t good.

They’re also just not fun.

The losing doesn’t help. But it’s more than that.

It’s not even like there are a lot of young players to be excited about. Or that they play an exciting but flawed brand of football. It’s all just bad and boring.

STATE OF THE TEAM

• The latest on the injury front
  • The poor messaging that Doug Pederson sent by punting for the tie
  • Carson Wentz continues to struggle
  • The Eagles’ boring-a**, slow offense is back
  • What are some positives we can highlight from this mess?

MORE BIG PICTURE TALK AND EAGLES VS. 49ERS PREVIEW

• Should the Eagles be sellers at the deadline? Yes.
  • Is there any player you wouldn’t sell?
  • Does anyone actually really care about looking at this week’s matchups? If so, we talked about some of them.
  • Jim Schwartz might have Kyle Shanhan’s number?

NFL PICKS AGAINST THE SPREAD AND EAGLES PREDICTION

• PATS records so far — BLG: 5-6, Jimmy 6-5
  • Eagles pick records so far — BLG: 1-2, Jimmy: 0-2-1
  • Ravens (-13) at Football Team
  • Browns at Cowboys (-4.5)
  • Giants at Rams (-13)
  • Eagles at 49ers (-7)

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2020/10/1/21497269/eagles-team-isnt-fun-bgn-radio-podcast-49ers-philadelphia-week-4-trade-rumors-deadline-sellers-blg

Worth a listen. But it's definitely how a lot of us feel and have felt for some time. This team isn't a lot of fun to watch and hasn't been for a couple of years. It needs a real injection of young talent to breath some life in to this ageing roster. 

Just now, Damanick10 said:

I agree. The team just doesn't mesh and just seem to be going through the motions. And we really suck.

Everything looks hard work with this offense. Every passing play looks really tough. For this offense to move the ball they look like they are having to give every play everything they have. 

Next year will be even worse as the team continues to fade. I've accepted that.

Offense is what makes the NFL fun for most (although I love watching a really good, smash-mouth defense shut other teams down).  Our offense is so boring and uncreative it is painful to watch.  Then to watch our quote unquote franchise QB playing like a bag of ish in such a simple offensive scheme makes it exponentially more painful.  Then to watch our draft picks march out there every week and do nothing (while watching players drafted by other teams lighting it up) just makes me not like this team at all right now.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, time2rock said:

Offense is what makes the NFL fun for most (although I love watching a really good, smash-mouth defense shut other teams down).  Our offense is so boring and uncreative it is painful to watch.  Then to watch our quote unquote franchise QB playing like a bag of ish in such a simple offensive scheme makes it exponentially more painful.  Then to watch our draft picks march out there every week and do nothing (while watching players drafted by other teams lighting it up) just makes me not like this team at all right now.  

And to add to that... For the most part our D hasn't been smash mouth. Our D hasn't been aggressive. It hasn't been nasty that much. It has been soft at times. Easy to move on at times. 

• Like 1

Floundering around trying to find an identity has become the team’s identity for a while now. 

4 minutes ago, Chester Copperpot said:

Floundering around trying to find an identity has become the team’s identity for a while now. 

I guess at least they have one...

Just now, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I guess at least they have one...

In a sense yeah...haha.

5 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And to add to that... For the most part our D hasn't been smash mouth. Our D hasn't been aggressive. It hasn't been nasty that much. It has been soft at times. Easy to move on at times. 

No doubt.  As I stated before I love a great defensive performance ... unfortunately it has been some time since we saw that here.  I know we've seen parts of the defense play well at times (recently that has mostly been shutting down the running game), but I'm talking about an all around dominant performance where offenses are stuck in quicksand for the greater part of 60 minutes.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

No doubt.  As I stated before I love a great defensive performance ... unfortunately it has been some time since we saw that here.  I know we've seen parts of the defense play well at times (recently that has mostly been shutting down the running game), but I'm talking about an all around dominant performance where offenses are stuck in quicksand for the greater part of 60 minutes.  

And a nasty D. I'm talking big big hits. Offensive players being shaken out of their cleats when they get hit. That kind of nasty. That would be nice. 

7 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

And a nasty D. I'm talking big big hits. Offensive players being shaken out of their cleats when they get hit. That kind of nasty. That would be nice. 

I do think the rules changes made in recent years make it less likely you'll see that.  Those rules tend to favor the offenses and with safety in mind, limit the ability of a defensive player to make those kinds of big hits.  So that is what makes offense more fun to watch in today's NFL.  

• Like 1