Terrace Marshall Jr. (LSU WR) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #59

Godfather

Might be an option of Howie's dope passes of Chase

• 1 month later...

Opted out the rest of the year to prepare for the draft. Most "experts" have him ranked 21-22 on their boards

• 1 month later...

If we go with a different position in Round 1, he'd be a solid 2nd round pick for us.

Perfect size for a traditional XWR to complement our smaller speed guys.

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, uncphillyfan said:

That is all

He'd be a solid pick in Round 2 if we don't go WR in Round 1. Prototypical XWR size and productive at LSU, despite the hype JaMarr Chase has received in the pre-draft process.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, D-Shiznit said:

If we go QB at #6, this is the guy we need to target in the 2nd.

Can't see them going offense offense though. Not when the defense lacks so much talent too.

I have an assignment for Terrace Marshall fans...

What do you take from this game? Is this game a huge positive or a huge negative for you when you're translating his game to the NFL? 

15 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

I have an assignment for Terrace Marshall fans...

What do you take from this game? Is this game a huge positive or a huge negative for you when you're translating his game to the NFL? 

Just based off this clip alone, here are my initial observations:

Positives:

Hands-catcher

Uses his size to his advantage in the red-zone

Decent route-running

Tough to bring down on first contact

Negatives:

Some concentration drops

Sub-par blocking for WR his size

Cuts are a bit stiff on routes

Could do a better job of getting open when play breaks down and QB is in trouble

Overall, I think his upside is still worth his current early 2nd round valuation. If you were asking about trading down into the 20s and selecting him, I'd argue its a bit of a reach.

• Like 1

@eaglesfan0075 Yeah, I take two things...

1:15 Alrighty. 

3:25 Really? 

4:41 Jesus man...

5:15 😂😂☠️

5:30 I guess you didn't learn LAST play that you need to stop wearing a skirt? 

7:04 Hey, it's not like this matters or anything. 

And watching the full game which I can't share was even worse. He consistently gets beaten up, doesn't block well or just doesn't try. That's an issue for anyone, but for a 6'3, 200 pound guy, it's huge. He plays timid. You cannot be timid in the NFL. 

I was a huge fan of his naked eye this season. His height, arm length, catch radius, long speed (he gallops like Terrell Owens in the open field and can seperate) ... maaaan, I was loving me some Terrace Marshall. Broke out the All22 and whoa. Same thing with Elijah Moore. He just doesn't want to block. Ja'Marr Chase ... goes games without blocking too. None of them get smacked around like that though. 

It's a concern. Not saying he won't light up the NFL, but man, that worries me. I had him as a 1/2 borderline guy and it threw him way to the back of the 2nd for me. 

EDIT - How in the hell was that TWO things? 😂

If we pass on WR in 1st I'm hoping Bateman miraculously falls to 37.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If we pass on WR in 1st I'm hoping Bateman miraculously falls to 37.  

I'm down with taking Bateman at #37... agreed it would take a miracle though. I'm thinking he goes between 10-20.

• Like 1

I don't see Bateman falling to our 2nd round pick, and of the 2nd round WR prospects, Marshall is right up there at the top. Maybe you go Amon-Ra St. Brown from USC or take a chance on Rondale Moore from Purdue and his injury history instead if you don't like Marshall at that juncture? Of the two I'd rather stay away from the injury prone slot WR, but I think Marshall has more upside than St. Brown.

The blocking and concentration drops are certainly an issue for sure, but is it to the extent of avoiding him in Round 2? I agree that if you were once considering him as a borderline 1st round pick that he's firmly in the 2nd round camp now. Whether you take him at 37 or try to trade down and see if you can land him later in the 2nd is a different story.

20 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm down with taking Bateman at #37... agreed it would take a miracle though. I'm thinking he goes between 10-20.

As I'm putting rankings up on the site, I'm really having trouble not putting Bateman as my 3rd overall WR. Gives me Keenan Allen/Demaryius Thomas vibes. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

As I'm putting rankings up on the site, I'm really having trouble not putting Bateman as my 3rd overall WR. Gives me Keenan Allen/Demaryius Thomas vibes. 

I'm guessing you'd go Chase, Smith then Bateman?

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I'm guessing you'd go Chase, Smith then Bateman?

Nope. Value board is up. It's Chase/Waddle/Smith/Batemen right now, but I have trouble not putting him in front of Smith sometimes. 

Smith doesn't come into value for me until waaaaay after he does for most others. 

3 hours ago, stinkfist said:

I could be seeing this wrong but, I don't see Allen and Thomas being the same kind of receiver at all... What am I missing? Or are you saying Bateman is a combination of the 2? 

20 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I could be seeing this wrong but, I don't see Allen and Thomas being the same kind of receiver at all... What am I missing? Or are you saying Bateman is a combination of the 2? 

No, you are right. They aren't. 

He gives me vibes of both of them. I'm not a big comparison guy because I just don't see clones. I see some Keenan Allen in him and at times, a little Demaryius Thomas. I think the Thomas may be his build and just some of his body control. Keenan Allen was the guy that was a bit more. 

The only player in the draft so far that I have really made any comparisons with is that Amari Rodgers has reminded me of Golden Tate. 

As you said though, those players weren't anything alike. 

I haven't put scouting reports on the website yet. It's not even done being designed. I'm just literally 12 hours a day watching film. I didn't watch film like this when Tommy and I ran Scout's Notebook together and didn't have access to coaches film like I do now, so it's been exciting. 

5 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

No, you are right. They aren't. 

He gives me vibes of both of them. I'm not a big comparison guy because I just don't see clones. I see some Keenan Allen in him and at times, a little Demaryius Thomas. I think the Thomas may be his build and just some of his body control. Keenan Allen was the guy that was a bit more. 

The only player in the draft so far that I have really made any comparisons with is that Amari Rodgers has reminded me of Golden Tate. 

As you said though, those players weren't anything alike. 

I haven't put scouting reports on the website yet. It's not even done being designed. I'm just literally 12 hours a day watching film. I didn't watch film like this when Tommy and I ran Scout's Notebook together and didn't have access to coaches film like I do now, so it's been exciting. 

I haven't really even looked at any of the receivers in this year's draft. I just saw your comparison and I'm thinking neither of those 2 are like each other lol. All good! Especially if a receiver does combine those skill sets! I was just curious 

14 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I haven't really even looked at any of the receivers in this year's draft. I just saw your comparison and I'm thinking neither of those 2 are like each other lol. All good! Especially if a receiver does combine those skill sets! I was just curious 

We're all taught to watch players differently and I got taught by different people from different levels/philosophies and then am quirky too, so while I don't do Elijah Fields = Steve Smith with a female sex organ, that may be EXACTLY WHAT I WRITE in my notes. Therefore, other players names come up. Then my notes just get funny. 

So...Alex Leatherwood notes....and this will help you get it. 

Auburn - You look stiff in your hips. Turns body with shoulders and makes himself pop and get high with pad level instead of turning with his hips. Wide set. Feet way apart. Why are your feet that wide apart dude? Stops feet on arc. Drops hips often and gets pads over feet. Push pull just whooped him. Pads over feet again. Hate to say it, but heavy legged waist bender. Mayock would be killing this dude. Get your hands on this guy. Control him at the chest. You're not using your hands. Not physical. Stops feet. STOPS FEET. Good combo. There ya go. Marlon Davidson is beating him with ATLETICISM at 280 pounds off the edge. Not good. You're athletic in space, but you can't stop this man. Why? No hands and STOPS FEET AGAIN. Andre Dillard. That's why I'm seeing. Can work with this, but I'm not touching it until at least the mid to late 2nd. Major issue are feet stopping and lack of hands/power. Why are you playing like a tight end? Good recovery. Flexible and strong in the core/upper body. Look good in space. I know you're coached, do you not listen? Finally hand placement in the second quarter. Stops feet. I need a different game. He's killing me. LSU - 1st rep vs. K'Lavon Chaisson good footwork and DIDN'T STOP FEET. All the way with the feet for once and look what happens dummy! Hand placement was solid. Two hands and then an adjustment strike to that chest plate. On your arse 18. Good rep against vs. 91. Who is 91? Nobody. STOPS FEET. Reaching. Lawarence just blew right by him and blew it the F up. I'm done watching him. Gains no depth in drops. Hang in there Matt. He stopped his damn feet again. 

So, you saw Andre Dillard's name. Do I see some Andre Dillard in him? Yes, in the sense that I think Andre Dillard is a giant sissy. Nothing alike as players. 

Maybe that'll explain it. That and as you can see, I just note what is either good or killing me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stinkfist said:

We're all taught to watch players differently and I got taught by different people from different levels/philosophies and then am quirky too, so while I don't do Elijah Fields = Steve Smith with a female sex organ, that may be EXACTLY WHAT I WRITE in my notes. Therefore, other players names come up. Then my notes just get funny. 

So...Alex Leatherwood notes....and this will help you get it. 

So, you saw Andre Dillard's name. Do I see some Andre Dillard in him? Yes, in the sense that I think Andre Dillard is a giant sissy. Nothing alike as players. 

Maybe that'll explain it. That and as you can see, I just note what is either good or killing me. 

Ahh ok I see what you are doing now. I actually understood all of that lol. I'll wait till after the draft and dig into the player chosen to get a better idea on if I think the eagles made a good choice or not. 

I should actually take the time to do that before the draft because I'm a junky when it comes to this kind of stuff.