Ok, I’m All In On Travis Fulgham

Runtherock

Why not? Heard good stuff about him at camp and goes ahead and shines on national TV. Watched the replays and even more impressed. Hell of a effort on that TD, tracked it, made the grab, acrobatic move to stay in bounds. And a plus blocker man. Good size, decent speed, and Mills said he didn’t drop a ball in camp (though I think there was one.) Go Travis. Keep rollin.’

I mean... I wouldn't go all in on him. 

He had 2 catches on Sunday, one of which was a really nice catch and run for the TD.

But we've seen young guys come in before, make a play or two and then disappear. 

Fulgham likely loses out when Alshon and DeSean return. 

Whoa. Pump your brakes! Dude had 2 catches against a depleted secondary. If Rodgers couldn't make him look good, something is wrong. With that said. He already has done more than JJAW. And sometimes it takes a play like that for it all to click. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

I'm not sure yet but honestly, JJAW could be cut tomorrow and any one of our rookies take his place.

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

He had 2 catches on Sunday, one of which was a really nice catch and run for the TD.

But we've seen young guys come in before, make a play or two and then disappear. 

19 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Whoa. Pump your brakes! Dude had 2 catches against a depleted secondary. If Rodgers couldn't make him look good, something is wrong. With that said. He already has done more than JJAW. And sometimes it takes a play like that for it all to click. I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Yeah - look I would love it if Fulgham emerged, but the chances are really slim.

He did a nice job, but 2 catches against reserve corners is nothing to be overly excited about in the long run.

30 minutes ago, ManchesterEagle said:

Yeah - look I would love it if Fulgham emerged, but the chances are really slim.

He did a nice job, but 2 catches against reserve corners is nothing to be overly excited about in the long run.

Lets not forget he came in and SF had zero time to plan for him and even if they had time they knew nothing about him really.

I'd love to see him break out or become a really good depth guy that you can rely on. Reality is... He was in the league last year, didn't do a lot and was on the PS for a reason.

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Rodgers?  He came from Detroit.  I mean he had a cup of coffee in GB (he was there for like 9 days in August).  

Honestly, after the dreck we've trotted out there the past couple of years, I'm looking for any positive signs from anyone from that unit.  Really want to see some of our younger players start making names for themselves and at least become reliable targets that can grow with Hurts ... I mean, Wentz.  haha

I like players that get an opportunity and make the most of it. I don't think we'll be able to keep him on the active roster with the other guys we want to protect. 

This is how desperate we are for performance by a WR. 

At one point Hollins and JJAW both had touchdowns too. Let's see how the season goes. But it was certainly great for a kid plucked from the practice squad to make a great play. 

I’ll say this, he can’t make it worse 

3 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Lets not forget he came in and SF had zero time to plan for him and even if they had time they knew nothing about him really.

I'd love to see him break out or become a really good depth guy that you can rely on. Reality is... He was in the league last year, didn't do a lot and was on the PS for a reason.

What’s the word on JJAW’s injury? Frankly I think if Fulgham can haul in a few more catches over another game or two, they could legitimately release JJ. And if they don’t, they’re stupid. 

15 minutes ago, nipples said:

What’s the word on JJAW’s injury? Frankly I think if Fulgham can haul in a few more catches over another game or two, they could legitimately release JJ. And if they don’t, they’re stupid. 

Howie's not ready to admit he screwed up with JJAW. So, expect him to stay on the roster and Fulgham to be waived so he can be put back on the practice squad. Howie's 2017 draft was a complete failure. Wentz is struggling.  So, he is going to delay moves that indicate more failure.  I don't want to be right with this, but that's what I'm expecting.

25 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

Howie's not ready to admit he screwed up with JJAW. So, expect him to stay on the roster and Fulgham to be waived so he can be put back on the practice squad. Howie's 2017 draft was a complete failure. Wentz is struggling.  So, he is going to delay moves that indicate more failure.  I don't want to be right with this, but that's what I'm expecting.

It's interesting for sure.  Now they can blame his injury and if they really want to they can drag that out longer.  At some point (I haven't followed the timeline for return), Reagor, Goedert and Jackson and even Jeffrey will be back so then they will just argue that those guys are getting the catches and JJAW might be safe again.  

47 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

If he has another couple of decent games, Fulgham likely won’t clear waivers. 

2 minutes ago, Swoop said:

JJAW is close to Danny Watkins level of bust.

Nah, don’t think a second round pick could ever even be close in bust status to Watkins as a first rounder. 

8 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I wonder if that is due to the revolving door of WRs for Wentz.  It's hard for WRs to be consistent when they're in and out of the lineup.  Alshon and DeSean come back then these younger guys sit.  Then one or both of them miss games here and there.

Just wish they'd stick with the young guys who have at least been reliable as far as health.  At least you might have some continuity.

This is probably just a dream but I wonder if there is a team out there that was interested in drafting JJAW a couple years ago and would want to trade for him.  

I know he's barely done anything but maybe Howie can sell to some team that he's good but still raw and just didnt fit our system or some BS like that.  Getting any draft pick back or maybe a backup O-lineman would be fine.

6 hours ago, greend said:

I'm not sure yet but honestly, JJAW could be cut tomorrow and any one of our rookies take his place.

JJAW could be cut tomorrow and the only people who might care is his parents and Howie. 

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

JJAW could be cut tomorrow and the only people who might care is his parents and Howie. 

and brkmsn ^_^

4 minutes ago, NOTW said:

and brkmsn ^_^

You’re right. He would have you believe JJAW was the greatest receiver the Eagles ever drafted.😂🤣😂

It was just ONE play where he got lucky, because he didn't track the ball properly- he lost sight of it, actually. I wish him the best, but I'm not excited over this guy because of one play.

Archived