John Ross III (Bengals WR) -- SIGNED WITH NY GIANTS

EricAllenPick6

You may remember him as the guy that set the NFL record for 40 time at the combine.  After a few (mostly disappointing) seasons, he wants out of Cincy.  

You can google to find a million articles on this, but a link: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/john-ross-reportedly-requests-trade-seven-logical-landing-spots-for-bengals-wide-receiver/

Pros:

• He has had some good games, he's a fast dude that can stretch the field.
  • Cincy has been hot garbage at QB for a while.  Carson throws a fantastic deep ball, and I can see these two being a match made in heaven
  • Manageable contract, still on his rookie deal so he doesn't cost that much
  • Under team control for next season (5th year option), so could be a cheap replacement for one of the high priced guys going out the door

Cons:

• He's been a bust so far.  Best season was last year when he caught 28 passes.  Cincy has ben hot garbage, so I don't think you can completely blame him for this.
  • He lost his starting job to a bunch of other guys, so that's also not good.

Not a sure thing, but I think we should do it!  I think a low pick (conditional 5th)?  gets it done.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Facepalm GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Someone else who's always injured and/or sucks. He'll fit right in

6 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

Someone else who's always injured and/or sucks. He'll fit right in

I was pointing out he called him Joe Ross in the title.  It's John Ross.

Id take him for a 5th. or 4th. Maybe even a 3rd and possibly a 2nd. Because you know damn well that he is likely better then anyone Howie is going to pick in those rounds. 

• Haha 1

Season Team Games Receiving Rushing
GP GS Tgt Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD
2017 CIN 3 1 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 12 12.0 12 0
2018 CIN 13 10 58 21 210 10.0 39T 7 4 9 2.3 7 0
2019 CIN 8 8 56 28 506 18.1 66T 3 3 4 1.3 5 0
Total 24 19 116 49 716 14.6 66T 10 8 25 3.1 12 0

35 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I was pointing out he called him Joe Ross in the title.  It's John Ross.

Hahaha, I've got world series on the brain!  Not the Nats pitcher, the Cincy WR!  Sorry, fixed it shortly after posting.

8 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:
Season Team Games Receiving Rushing
GP GS Tgt Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD
2017 CIN 3 1 2 0 0 0.0 0 0 1 12 12.0 12 0
2018 CIN 13 10 58 21 210 10.0 39T 7 4 9 2.3 7 0
2019 CIN 8 8 56 28 506 18.1 66T 3 3 4 1.3 5 0
Total 24 19 116 49 716 14.6 66T 10 8 25 3.1 12 0

Yeah, I don't disagree with those numbers.  They are not amazing.  He's got noodle-armed Andy Dalton throwing to him, and even still he had a few 100 yard receiving games.  I think he's worth a chance for a low-round pick.  

16 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Yeah, I don't disagree with those numbers.  They are not amazing.  He's got noodle-armed Andy Dalton throwing to him, and even still he had a few 100 yard receiving games.  I think he's worth a chance for a low-round pick.  

I think I'd do it for a 7th... Nothing more though.

"Has been a bust so far”

We have had more than our share of those at WR recently ... no thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

"Has been a bust so far”

We have had more than our share of those at WR recently ... no thanks!

I give any player taken in the first 3 rounds, that was drafted by...... Cleveland, Cincy, Detroit, WTF, Jax,Miami,Jets,  a immediate PASS if they seem like a bust. All deserve a 2nd chance with a non completely dysfunctional team.  We barely make the non dysfunctional list. 

3 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Now that's a trade i could get on board with. 

I'd be willing to add a 7th rd pick with Jeffery. Just get him the f out of here

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Godfather said:

I'd be willing to add a 7th rd pick with Jeffery. Just get him the f out of here

And that damn contract!

On 10/22/2020 at 1:21 PM, EricAllenPick6 said:

Not anymore

11 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

Even swap. Him for JJAW. Bust for bust. 

Still a No for me even in that swap. Alshon would be the ONLY trade Id make to get Ross. They dont want him, then Im not taking Ross. I was not on the Ross train in 2017 and so happy Bengals drafted him before our pick. I wanted Cook in the first that year. Funny thing is we almost had him in the 2nd till Vikings jumped us to snag him. 

5 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Still a No for me even in that swap. Alshon would be the ONLY trade Id make to get Ross. They dont want him, then Im not taking Ross. I was not on the Ross train in 2017 and so happy Bengals drafted him before our pick. I wanted Cook in the first that year. Funny thing is we almost had him in the 2nd till Vikings jumped us to snag him. 

They are probably going to have to overpay to get rid of Jeffery. At least if they get Ross for JJAW and he flounders they simply walk away. 

6th round pick

Or any WR on the roster not named Reagor/Fulgham/Hightower.

Anything else, no deal.  But for that, would be happy to trade.

13 hours ago, eagle45 said:

6th round pick

Or any WR on the roster not named Reagor/Fulgham/Hightower.

Anything else, no deal.  But for that, would be happy to trade.

Nate Gerry for John Ross?  

I want nothing to do with Ross ... but want even less to do with Gerry.  

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

Nate Gerry for John Ross?  

I want nothing to do with Ross ... but want even less to do with Gerry.  

Ross is 24.  He has more career TDs, yards, catches, and big plays than the rest of our WR corps combined.  

Yes, there are lots of negatives.  But those negatives are more meaningful when you talk about him as a 1st round pick or someone we'd trade a prime pick to obtain.

For a 6?  For JJAW?  We basically got Goodwin for a 6.  We traded a 4 for Avery.  We cut a 6th and 7th round pick from this year's draft already.  For a 6, there's NOTHING not to like about Ross.  

• Like 1