John Ross III (Bengals WR) -- SIGNED WITH NY GIANTS

EricAllenPick6

2 hours ago, metal said:

don't shoot the messenger

That's an interesting approach. I guess they think he can help Burrow over the next few weeks? 

On 10/28/2020 at 10:38 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Even swap. Him for JJAW. Bust for bust. 

I thought I saw someone replied to this suggestion saying it would be $2M

3 hours ago, metal said:

That's weird

3 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought I saw someone replied to this suggestion saying it would be $2M

That's weird

2mil? Worth getting off the books. JJAW will never be good here. 

15 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

That's an interesting approach. I guess they think he can help Burrow over the next few weeks? 

They simply don't make in-season trades. Not sure why. Since 1985 they have only traded two players in season, though they did recently trade Carlos Dunlap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carlos-dunlap-joins-carson-palmer-as-only-bengals-in-season-trade-since-1985/ar-BB1atNQu

On 10/22/2020 at 1:11 PM, What The F said:

Id take him for a 5th. or 4th. Maybe even a 3rd and possibly a 2nd. Because you know damn well that he is likely better then anyone Howie is going to pick in those rounds. 

At this point, you might be able to get him for a 6th.  

1 hour ago, metal said:

They simply don't make in-season trades. Not sure why. Since 1985 they have only traded two players in season, though they did recently trade Carlos Dunlap.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/carlos-dunlap-joins-carson-palmer-as-only-bengals-in-season-trade-since-1985/ar-BB1atNQu

And one of those was when they got two first rounders for Carson Palmer.  

Still have zero clue why anyone thinks hes worth trading for? Hes all speed, no hands, no route running skills. Hes been in the league now 3.5 years and done nothing. Hes worthless at this point. 

9 minutes ago, HErtzMyWentz1186 said:

Houston is reportedly shopping Will Fuller. id rather have him than ross

How old is Fuller? What kind of contract is he on?

I am still struggling to see what the risk is with Ross. I am sure he can be had with a 7th rounder (6th rounder worse case). The Bengals did not pick up his 5th year option so he will be a free agent in the offseason. John Ross can at least contribute as a kick and punt returner. Instantly more valuable than Whiteside who should be cut immediate after trading for Ross.

I think this would be a good opportunity to kick the tires on a failed player with potential from a terrible organization.

Didn’t like him in that draft, definitely don’t like him now that he’s been either injured or just underwhelming throughout his career so far. Hard pass. 

52 minutes ago, philafan4o8 said:

I think this would be a good opportunity to kick the tires on a failed player with potential from a terrible organization

See I agree with you. Though I feel like we've been here before. Kicking the tires on failed players who have injury records. And to be honest that puts me off. 

On 11/2/2020 at 4:19 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

How old is Fuller? What kind of contract is he on?

only 26! Still in his prime. only problem is the injury history. but if the asking price isn't too high, id still do it. i just kind of accept that our guys are going to get hurt now😂

21 hours ago, HErtzMyWentz1186 said:

only 26! Still in his prime. only problem is the injury history. but if the asking price isn't too high, id still do it. i just kind of accept that our guys are going to get hurt now😂

Newbie here is already banned with only 6 posts to his name, is that a new record?

What did I miss, because the posts that I have seen from him so far appear fairly innocuous?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Newbie here is already banned with only 6 posts to his name, is that a new record?

What did I miss, because the posts that I have seen from him so far appear fairly innocuous?

Just reviewed his six posts, nothing in the stratosphere of being banned.  Has to be a clone.  @Moderator6 what's the scoop ??

16 hours ago, downundermike said:

Just reviewed his six posts, nothing in the stratosphere of being banned.  Has to be a clone.  @Moderator6 what's the scoop ??

Saying "JJ Arcega Whiteside is the GOAT" is enough to get you banned on any platform due to "offensive language" and "misinformation."

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2020 at 4:12 PM, metal said:

How very Bengals of them.  I'm guessing that since they used a 1 on him they would look foolish to trade him a few years later for a late round pick.  Oh well.  I doubt he would have been a huge contributor here, but still think he would have been worth a sniff.

2 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Saying "JJ Arcega Whiteside is the GOAT" is enough to get you banned on any platform due to "offensive language" and "misinformation."

Fair enough 😄

2 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

How very Bengals of them.  I'm guessing that since they used a 1 on him they would look foolish to trade him a few years later for a late round pick.  Oh well.  I doubt he would have been a huge contributor here, but still think he would have been worth a sniff.

If you think of it, its a similar stance we took with Nelson. We even tagged him which made it worse. We honestly should have traded Nelson and resigned Golden Tate. I still think that was one of Howie's biggest mistakes.