On 12/2/2021 at 4:17 PM, vikas83 said:

One other point to add on shale -- yes, rigs coming back online helps. But remember -- shale wells have very short lives. So the shale guys can't simply start extracting from all their existing wells while not drilling some new ones -- if they do, they'll exhaust their supply of drilled wells and then basically be at zero. It's why shale is a terrible business -- you never get to a capex cliff where cash flow can become self-sustaining. Since they can' access capital to finance large exploration and drilling programs, they have to be disciplined in extracting from existing wells. 

From what I'm reading, prior reports of U.S. shale reserves have been underestimated.

On 12/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, VanHammersly said:

257602770_273996244831957_6215551146816341087_n.jpg.43ef71b9fc3f25aaa7e8baffaf3f4aa9.jpg

The fake right wing news media :furious: said it couldn't be done.  But by God Biden did it. :groovy:

:rolleyes: Wait until Joe shuts us back down because of the dreaded cold, I mean, Omicron. I’ve talked many times about how misleading those numbers are right now as it does not take underemployed, those who have quit searching, or those who quit their jobs into account. And no 500k jobs were not added. I know you’re tongue in cheek here, but this is equivalent to spiking the ball after a catch for a first down (although I’d be ok with Reagor doing it cause it’s at least, you know, a catch).

• Like 1

99D95BF8-715A-4EE9-BF7E-15E80FB5D81E.jpeg

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

:rolleyes: Wait until Joe shuts us back down because of the dreaded cold, I mean, Omicron. I’ve talked many times about how misleading those numbers are right now as it does not take underemployed, those who have quit searching, or those who quit their jobs into account. And no 500k jobs were not added. I know you’re tongue in cheek here, but this is equivalent to spiking the ball after a catch for a first down (although I’d be ok with Reagor doing it cause it’s at least, you know, a catch).

Yea about that...

FFzHYhQWUAcQnpc?format=jpg&name=large

18 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Yea about that...

FFzHYhQWUAcQnpc?format=jpg&name=large

Cool story. I’ll just continue to live my life, thanks. But you feel free to worry about it. 

9 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

:roll:

I find hand wringing over a weak variant pretty funny too. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Outlaw said:

I find hand wringing over a weak variant pretty funny too. 

Not as funny as you continuing to jump to the most idiotic conclusions. 

"The mandates are gonna cut the workforce by 25%!"

"Boosters are gonna be mandated forever!"

"Tucker Carlson's not even anti-vax from what I've seen."

"Biden's gonna lock down the country over a cold!"

• Haha 4

54 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Not as funny as you continuing to jump to the most idiotic conclusions. 

"The mandates are gonna cut the workforce by 25%!"

"Boosters are gonna be mandated forever!"

"Tucker Carlson's not even anti-vax from what I've seen."

"Biden's gonna lock down the country over a cold!"

Well he already took step 1…racist anti-travel bans. I mean, that’s what we called them last year, right?  And yes, this will be an endemic just like flu. Yearly boosters will happen. And no, sorry…despite you thinking you know everything, Carlson is not against vaccines. And guess we will never know about forced mandate affect since the court rightfully called them unconstitutional.  Pompous as you are on here, I have little doubt you’re a little man in real life. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

Well he already took step 1…racist anti-travel bans. I mean, that’s what we called them last year, right?  And yes, this will be an endemic just like flu. Yearly boosters will happen. And no, sorry…despite you thinking you know everything, Carlson is not against vaccines. And guess we will never know about forced mandate affect since the court rightfully called them unconstitutional.  Pompous as you are on here, I have little doubt you’re a little man in real life. 

46 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

All good little man. Should come down and have a beer with me next week at K lot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

All good little man. Should come down and have a beer with me next week at K lot. 

Ya totally, with the little free time I have, spending it to have a beer with a trumpbot moron who's been fed a steady diet of fox news every day is exactly what I want to do. Good call.

Ultimately, I think blanket travel bans are knee-jerk reactions at this point that come with a level of blowback, negative PR, and economic consequences that could otherwise be avoided with a more nuanced, sensible policy that includes contingencies for individual travelers, especially international ones disembarking form places with relatively low rates of vaccination and high rates of community spread. At best, banning travel from particular countries should only be a very temporary measure undertaken until we have more data regarding the virulence and transmissinibility of a given variant, and such bans should be fair and consistent according to epidemiological criteria and not evince favoritism to foreign states with greater economic or geopolitical ties. Otherwise, these decisions can be reasonably painted as influenced by racial prejudice or capitalist greed. The initial travel ban from China made sense at the time given the pandemic's novelty, but we have a much better understanding of the the nature of the virus and means of controlling it with interventions and preventative measures than we did two years ago. We should be using that scientific knowledge and manpower to undertake more targeted and sophisticated efforts to contain it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, we_gotta_believe said:

Ya totally, with the little free time I have, spending it to have a beer with a trumpbot moron who's been fed a steady diet of fox news every day is exactly what I want to do. Good call.

Sorry you have to work so much for mediocrity. Pretty sure I’ve said this at least 3 times, but I’m not a Trump fan. I am rooting heavy for a different candidate in 2024. But stick with whatever narrative makes you feel intellectually and morally superior…we know deep down you’re a mediocre man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outlaw said:

Sorry you have to work so much for mediocrity. Pretty sure I’ve said this at least 3 times, but I’m not a Trump fan. I am rooting heavy for a different candidate in 2024. But stick with whatever narrative makes you feel intellectually and morally superior…we know deep down you’re a mediocre man.

:lol: like cvon chicken soup for my soul with just the right amount of salt

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

:lol: like cvon chicken soup for my soul with just the right amount of salt

No salt, little man. Believe it or not there are people who don’t love Trump OR Biden. Sorry that your warped bipartisan mind can’t reconcile that. For someone who claims to not have a lot of free time, you spend a ton of time posting weak unfunny retorts.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

drunken sunday posting?   

20 hours ago, Outlaw said:

He's a bish.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Outlaw said:

No salt, little man. Believe it or not there are people who don’t love Trump OR Biden. Sorry that your warped bipartisan mind can’t reconcile that. For someone who claims to not have a lot of free time, you spend a ton of time posting weak unfunny retorts.

His whole identity is bishing about politics (Trump).  At least have fun with it a little.  He contributes to no other topics on the MB but politics.  He said he would stop crying about Trump once he is not in office....Yet....Thanks for quoting him.  It's fun seeing that he's still a bent little flower.  

20 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

His whole identity is bishing about politics (Trump).  At least have fun with it a little.  He contributes to no other topics on the MB but politics.  He said he would stop crying about Trump once he is not in office....Yet....T

hanks for quoting him.  It's fun seeing that he's still a bent little flower.  

The tough guy over here got his feelings hurt so much he had to put me on ignore :lol:

Biden is expected to announce diplomatic boycott of Beijing Winter Olympics because of human rights abuses in China. China is threatening "countermeasures".

35 minutes ago, we_gotta_believe said:

The tough guy over here got his feelings hurt so much he had to put me on ignore :lol:

He does that, he's a sensitive lil fella. He also thanks other people for quoting posts of people that he blocked, which is very funny to me.

58 minutes ago, 4for4EaglesNest said:

His whole identity is bishing about politics (Trump).  At least have fun with it a little.  He contributes to no other topics on the MB but politics.  He said he would stop crying about Trump once he is not in office....Yet....Thanks for quoting him.  It's fun seeing that he's still a bent little flower.  

You have half the board on ignore because of feelings though.

• Haha 1