How Dallas Goedert impacts games even when he’s not catching passes

brkmsn

How Dallas Goedert impacts games even when he’s not catching passes

by Dave Zangaro

In the Cowboys game before the bye week, Dallas Goedert returned from injury to catch one pass for 15 yards. Granted, it was a big catch.

But that’s not exactly a great stat line.

So why then did Goedert on Thursday say he thought he played a "really good game” against the Cowboys?

Because for the Eagles’ third-year tight end, it’s not all about the stat sheet. And in that game, even after missing a month, he still showed off his elite blocking skills.

"I think I did a great job last week blocking,” Goedert said. "I definitely think it's a strength of mine and I think it can help this offense a lot in multiple different ways, whether it's the run, play-action and stuff like that. I think it can make a big impact.”

click here to read full article (with highlights).

Goedert is going to be a really good player for this team in the future. He's the reason why I do think Ertz should be moved on. 

Goedert may never have the production that Ertz does. He may never get the same level of targets (though I see that as a good thing). He may not get the yards (though I think his YPC will be higher) but his all around game is just better than Ertz.

• Like 1

He's a great player even now. I've never seen blocking like his in a rookie player, against Khalil Mack of all people.