Jordan Howard (ex-Dolphins RB) -- SIGNED WITH EAGLES!

Outlaw

Not saying I want him, but the Eagles 3rd/4th down & 1/2 yd plays are atrocious! I always remember Howard could power through and get 1 or 2 yards when required...

But I don’t believe that the Eagles will spend any cap money on anyone else this season, as that’s money that will come off the rollover to 2021...

2 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why would we bring him back? In what way, shape or form does that help? Or move the needle? Or change things?

He was a good fit here. Last year, we started 1-2 and the offense was really struggling. Then, Doug had some sort of epiphany, balanced the offensive play-calling and we won 4 of our next 6 games (including @GB and @Buffalo) while riding Howard. Then Howard got hurt in the win vs Chicago and we lose 3 straight games.

I'm making a case that it does indeed move the needle.

• Like 1

If we had beat the giants I think it would be more likely. Probly not going to happen though.

that being said I think it would make our team better. Home as our third option over clement. 

6 hours ago, brkmsn said:

He was a good fit here. Last year, we started 1-2 and the offense was really struggling. Then, Doug had some sort of epiphany, balanced the offensive play-calling and we won 4 of our next 6 games (including @GB and @Buffalo) while riding Howard. Then Howard got hurt in the win vs Chicago and we lose 3 straight games.

I'm making a case that it does indeed move the needle.

It doesn't move the needle on this team. That was last year, this is this year. Sounds obvious I think but things are different. This team is worse again this year than it was last year. This roster is bad, the scheme is bad and the QB is bad. 

There are two questions about adding Howard...

Would he make this a better team? I think he would...our short yardage production is woeful, and he would improve it...

Would he make this a good team? Definitely not...far too many holes to fill, and improvements needed all round the team...

But I think the Eagles are done spending money on this season...they’ve seen the writing on the wall, and are rolling with what they’ve got, and will take whatever this season brings, with their current squad.

I never wanted to move on from him. Honestly him leaving and being cut could be great for us since we could land him cheap. If we bring him back, it needs to be on a multiple year deal at a bargain price. If they plan on signing him just for this year then yes its a waste. But if its a 3 or 4 year deal at a lower cap number, yes please. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Why would we bring him back? In what way, shape or form does that help? Or move the needle? Or change things?

He's gonna play guard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Let's bring him back so he doesn't touch the ball or takes away more carries from Sanders. Great plan...

16 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

You were pretty outspoken before the season that RB was still a fairly big need.  What changed since then?  

5 hours ago, time2rock said:

You were pretty outspoken before the season that RB was still a fairly big need.  What changed since then?  

Umm... The current status of this team? The fact this season is a complete joke at this point. 

21 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Umm... The current status of this team? The fact this season is a complete joke at this point. 

Thinking future bro, not to salvage this pathetic season.  As DBE said, if we could sign him on a relatively cheap 3 year deal, it’d be a nice move to pair him up with Sanders again. 

3 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Thinking future bro, not to salvage this pathetic season.  As DBE said, if we could sign him on a relatively cheap 3 year deal, it’d be a nice move to pair him up with Sanders again. 

Hmm... I guess? I guess he's still fairly young and he's a complimentary piece for Sanders. You may be talking me in to it a little. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Hmm... I guess? I guess he's still fairly young and he's a complimentary piece for Sanders. You may be talking me in to it a little. 

Then we’re even since you got me to come around to not wanting Clement on the team anymore.  I’d replace Clement with Howard - he and Scott can be used situationally with Sanders as the lead dog.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Then we’re even since you got me to come around to not wanting Clement on the team anymore.  I’d replace Clement with Howard - he and Scott can be used situationally with Sanders as the lead dog.  

Ok deal. Cut Clement and bring back Howard. I'm on board with that move. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, time2rock said:

Howie totally redeemed himself! 😂

Nice move nonetheless. Always liked Howard as a complemetary back, not the feature back he once was for the Bears and the Dolphins hoped we’re getting.

• Like 1

As posted the other day, he should have never left in the first place. I loved the trade last year and was very disappointed we moved on from him this year. He was a baller every game last year when he played. he was very productive and fit our system well out of the Shotgun. Hes that back that can go SG or a traditional RB line up. Im just hoping when they sign him to the active roster that it will be a multi year deal. I think this kid needs to be back next year, hopefully with a new OC that will run the ball more to get the most out of Him and Sanders. 

1 hour ago, DeathByEagle said:

Im just hoping when they sign him to the active roster that it will be a multi year deal. I think this kid needs to be back next year, hopefully with a new OC that will run the ball more to get the most out of Him and Sanders

If they can bring him back for fairly cheap on a multi year deal and use him very much as a complimentary piece to Sanders then I think that could be a decent move. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

As posted the other day, he should have never left in the first place. I loved the trade last year and was very disappointed we moved on from him this year. He was a baller every game last year when he played. he was very productive and fit our system well out of the Shotgun. Hes that back that can go SG or a traditional RB line up. Im just hoping when they sign him to the active roster that it will be a multi year deal. I think this kid needs to be back next year, hopefully with a new OC that will run the ball more to get the most out of Him and Sanders. 

It isn't exactly as though we "moved on from him" ... Miami offered him a 2 year $9.75M deal that we just weren't going to come close to matching.  Anyway, just happy to see him back.