John Dorsey (Ex-Chiefs GM) -- HIRED BY DETROIT

toughfighter83

this is guy would an excellent hire for this team, he knows how to draft, trade for actual talent that howie doesnt do. i think he was treated unfairly in Cleveland, i mean i dont know what is everyones' opinion about him?

Definitely one to bring in and interview yeah. I want to see fresh ideas and a new direction for this team. Oh and a GM who can actually draft. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Definitely one to bring in and interview yeah. I want to see fresh ideas and a new direction for this team. Oh and a GM who can actually draft. 

dorsey can draft, they just need a great coaching staff in andy, which made a huge difference.

He has an incredible resume- look at KC where he drafted Mahomes, Hill & Kelce. 

I’m just not sure what his deal is. He must be a real dope because he keeps getting fired from many different organizations. They fired him despite his success. That tells you something. 

• Like 1

If the Eagles are hiring a GM my preference would be someone younger.  Dorsey would take the job as a retirement gig.  His gambit on Baker Mayfield at #1 overall was a head-scratcher as well.

18 minutes ago, Alphagrand said:

If the Eagles are hiring a GM my preference would be someone younger.  Dorsey would take the job as a retirement gig.  His gambit on Baker Mayfield at #1 overall was a head-scratcher as well.

Could be part of a long term vision though? Bring in Dorset to reset the roster and point the organization in the right decision?

1 minute ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Could be part of a long term vision though? Bring in Dorset to reset the roster and point the organization in the right decision?

I heard tonight that there are already 4 teams with GM openings.  If the Eagles are contemplating making a move it would be wise for Lurie to place some confidential calls quickly 

Just now, Alphagrand said:

I heard tonight that there are already 4 teams with GM openings.  If the Eagles are contemplating making a move it would be wise for Lurie to place some confidential calls quickly 

Absolutely! You'd want Lurie to do his due diligence right?

On 11/30/2020 at 2:00 AM, Alphagrand said:

But he redeemed himself with NIck Chubb in the 2nd round. 

• Like 1

Rumor is who ever hires Dorsey will get Eric Bienemy in the package deal as HC. Some experts that were on WIP said they have heard Lurie will be in contact with Reid yet again to have him put in a good word for Philly. Not sure if true or even if it would be a good move. Dorsey has had many ups and downs with both KC and Cleveland. But I will say on paper it looks like a better combo then Howie and Doug. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DeathByEagle said:

Rumor is who ever hires Dorsey will get Eric Bienemy in the package deal as HC. Some experts that were on WIP said they have heard Lurie will be in contact with Reid yet again to have him put in a good word for Philly. Not sure if true or even if it would be a good move. Dorsey has had many ups and downs with both KC and Cleveland. But I will say on paper it looks like a better combo then Howie and Doug. 

yeah i mean why not, the chiefs are the team that alot of teams should be blueprinting from, not to menion dorsey was the brains that drafted great players on that team, they just needed a coaching change and they were successful ever since. if they do hire eric and john, the eagles will have a great future ahead.

On 11/30/2020 at 2:23 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Absolutely! You'd want Lurie to do his due diligence right?

It seems like that's an unheard of concept within the Eagles Front Office, Jalen Reagor is on Bust Road if what he's shown is who he is. 

I mean timed via GPS?  Who's ever heard of such a thing?? 

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, time2rock said:

We wouldn't need to "bring him in" for an interview ... Dorsey has been working with the Eagles as a consultant since before the 2020 draft.

https://rsnunited.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/john-dorsey-eagles-front-office-howie-roseman-jeffrey-lurie

im excited for this i just hope lurie has the guts to make him the gm and kick howie to the basement because we need a great drafts for this team to be good again.

I'd be shocked if there is a change, but my preference is not to go back with another old retread.  It's time for new blood and new talent evaluation ideas to be injected into this world.   Louis Riddick for me.

On 12/31/2020 at 8:17 AM, E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles said:

I'd be shocked if there is a change, but my preference is not to go back with another old retread.  It's time for new blood and new talent evaluation ideas to be injected into this world.   Louis Riddick for me.

Would Riddick want to come back to Philly though? He's rumored to be in the mix for multiple GM openings on other teams and Dorsey is already in a sense an in-house candidate who I'm sure would love to get promoted to a full time gig.

18 hours ago, eaglesfan0075 said:

Would Riddick want to come back to Philly though? He's rumored to be in the mix for multiple GM openings on other teams and Dorsey is already in a sense an in-house candidate who I'm sure would love to get promoted to a full time gig.

Yeah I'd give the reigns to Dorsey. It seems pretty clear at this point that Howie isn't going to be fired so best we can hope for is he gets moved aside so he's not drafting or involved in personnel decisions. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ibleedgreen1990 said:

Here’s to hoping this man is making our picks next draft..

if he's here next season, he's making the picks, lurie wont say anything because when douglas was here, lurie never said who was picking the players. since some of the players were douglas connections  it was douglas. he wouldnt bring in dorsey just to make lurie look good, he did it because he wants someone else to pick the players because howie is terrible at it.

• Like 1

Just now, PoconoDon said:

His voice will be ignored because... Howie gonna Howie.

Yep! Unfortunately so. Howie is going to do what Howie wants to do and that won't be a good thing for this team.

• Like 1