***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

On 1/19/2023 at 12:00 PM, Godfather said:

I'm a fan of his game. That and just never was a fan of the Miami move in order for him to win championships

In fairness Charles wasn’t a huge drop off in rebounding (even though Rodman was otherworldly), but Charles is also a 25+ppg threat that I think provides enough value for a complete team. 

yay Golden State! I forgot to post earlier, but performing well against the offseason-outspoken Grizz so far this season. I go to MIN-MEM Friday night. 

28 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

From what I can see of the Grizz, they talk a lot of crap but can't back it up when it matters 

This is pretty on the mark but most young teams have trouble consistently winning highly competitive games. They have some exceptional young building blocks that should mature and hit their prime around the same time. They’ve got the chance to be a great team.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

From what I can see of the Grizz, they talk a lot of crap but can't back it up when it matters 

Fifth youngest team in NBA, and look where the others are compared to Grizzlies wins wise. They are ahead. 

Oklahoma City Thunder – 23.14

Houston Rockets – 23.58

San Antonio Spurs – 23.84

Orlando Magic – 23.94

Memphis Grizzlies – 24.27

Charlotte Hornets – 24.60

Portland Trail Blazers – 24.78

New York Knicks – 25.02

Detroit Pistons – 25.08

Indiana Pacer s – 25.08

Doesn't help the best offensive rebounder in Adams is out for a few weeks with a knee sprain. 

The losses are good especially before the trade deadline. Have seen two games where Ziaire Williams is not the guy and his spot should be upgraded for shooting. They have all their picks and Warriors first next year. 

4 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Idiots 

That's a big 3!? Lmao

On 2/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, mr_hunt said:

they lost. 

it was so lame

I wish I had enough talent in my career field to be ridiculous 

The LeBron stat tour is going awesome so far.

• The leadup - lose to a team that was 0-10 in its last 10.
  • The irrelevant 20th ranked OKC vs 22nd LAL.
  • The annihilation. Set the record vs Milwaukee while losing the game by 20.

18 hours ago, DaEagles4Life said:

not much in return for kyrie, imo...but he had to go. dinwiddie is okay but nobody's gonna mistake him for a star...the rest is meh...including the 1st which will most likely be in the late 1st. 

• 2 weeks later...

Re: All Star Game "competition". I don't need to see the guys go all-out guarding and defending in a meaningless game. Whoever "shows out" doesn't get a Championship nor do they get themselves closer to a title.

But the athletic and creative prowess with dunks, guys pulling up from half-court (Dame) and hitting shots first attempt. These things make it 10x more evident how many levels above your best D1 program and even how far above your average team's starters these players are. 

one of the announcers during the sixers/celts game the other day brought up an interesting point about scoring leaders. why does the nba use points per game instead of total points scored?  the nfl uses total yards to determine the rushing leader...not yards per game. same for passing & receiving yards...always total yards. 

fwiw, tatum has the most total points scored so far this season...14 more than luka. 

22 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

one of the announcers during the sixers/celts game the other day brought up an interesting point about scoring leaders. why does the nba use points per game instead of total points scored?  the nfl uses total yards to determine the rushing leader...not yards per game. same for passing & receiving yards...always total yards. 

fwiw, tatum has the most total points scored so far this season...14 more than luka. 

Easier for common fan to digest I would imagine. 

I for the life of me can't figure out why we still do positions for things like the All Star game.