***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

Any NBA team that boycotts a game should be handed the L, and those players should have to forfeit their $ for that game.

The NBA's already tanking ratings are gonna go completely in the toilet due to their wokeness - nice job Silver!  :roll: 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mikemack8 said:

Any NBA team that boycotts a game should be handed the L, and those players should have to forfeit their $ for that game.

The NBA's already tanking ratings are gonna go completely in the toilet due to their wokeness - nice job Silver!  :roll: 

What do you mean should? Thats probably exactly what will happen lol.

All today's games were postponed. I guess thats better fo the fans of the teams playing anyway. 

1 hour ago, Shocker54 said:

This is really achieving 

getting trump a second term 😂

Yeah. People care more about a few basketball games than Trumps ever deepening swamp. Sure.

This is getting ridiculous, I doubt a cop is gonna stop being a crappy cop or not don't do their job because NBA players didn't play a game. I know it's supposed to be more then that but, still.... 

I'm assuming it's to raise awareness about domestic violence, and to celebrate the law enforcement officer who stopped a violent abuser of women in Wisconsin?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boogyman said:

As for ratings, of course they are low. They have games on at 1 in the afternoon. 

I believe ratings are down at all times

41 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is getting ridiculous, I doubt a cop is gonna stop being a crappy cop or not don't do their job because NBA players didn't play a game. I know it's supposed to be more then that but, still.... 

It does nothing but rally Trump supporters

10 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

It does nothing but rally Trump supporters

I really want to support their cause and want them to get their message across but, some of this stuff is just getting out of hand and isn't solving anything just making both sides even more pissed off. 

2 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I really want to support their cause and want them to get their message across but, some of this stuff is just getting out of hand and isn't solving anything just making both sides even more pissed off. 

Also what is going to be the threshold now for just walking out and not playing? next year every time some injustice happens lets just walk out?

2 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

2 hours ago, Boogyman said:

As for ratings, of course they are low. They have games on at 1 in the afternoon. 

Prime time ratings are higher than the 2019 playoffs.

2 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Not for long...

22 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

Also what is going to be the threshold now for just walking out and not playing? next year every time some injustice happens lets just walk out?

I mean at the end of the day sports is not that important in the grand scheme of things but, like that's my escape for work and this kind of stuff. Was so looking forward to watch some basketball tonight after a sheety day at work and now nothing. What a horrible year all the way around

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Shocker54 said:

Remember when sports unified people? 

Now you have a league that has an organization that is basically a money funnel for democrat painted on the court. That league commissioner and owner brought this upon themselves.

Silver has no balls.

• Like 1

I get what they're trying to do and the intent is genuine, but in the grand scheme of things it won't change anything. The same way cities burning down and cars being set on fire hasn't changed anything. 

The confusing part to me is that the NBA has been the most socially conscious league in sports. They've gone out of their way to bring social issues to the forefront and give the players a voice to speak out on whatever they want to speak about. Them sitting out and not playing games actually hurts the league more than it solves the issue. They lose ratings, money, etc. Instead, you would figure they would rally around the league and the platform it's given them to play games while also making your voice heard. I thought that's what the whole point of the slogans on the back of the jerseys were. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BDawk_ASamuel said:

I get what they're trying to do and the intent is genuine, but in the grand scheme of things it won't change anything. The same way cities burning down and cars being set on fire hasn't changed anything. 

The confusing part to me is that the NBA has been the most socially conscious league in sports. They've gone out of their way to bring social issues to the forefront and give the players a voice to speak out on whatever they want to speak about. Them sitting out and not playing games actually hurts the league more than it solves the issue. They lose ratings, money, etc. Instead, you would figure they would rally around the league and the platform it's given them to play games while also making your voice heard. I thought that's what the whole point of the slogans on the back of the jerseys were. 

Exactly. Intent is probably good, but in the end, it’s misguided, and will do harm. Silver is losing control, fast. That said, seems like his hand was forced by the players. Owners can’t be happy, nor the fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, downundermike said:

I was speaking overall. The early games obviously drag them down.

1 hour ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

I thought the night games were doing really good, and the 1 and 330 PM starts were dragging down the overall ratings

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

I thought the night games were doing really good, and the 1 and 330 PM starts were dragging down the overall ratings

Yes after further research you are correct, you get a trophy!!

So the dumb arse NBA players are meeting to determine if the should cancel, I doubt any of these dopes realize that out of sight out of mind instead of having a platform every night. I consider myself a progressive person in many aspects and this does the opposite of what it intends and I ma so sick of the damn media fawning over these guys saying how wonderful it is that they do this boycott. It helps nothing!

30 minutes ago, Joe Hunter 73 said:

So the dumb arse NBA players are meeting to determine if the should cancel, I doubt any of these dopes realize that out of sight out of mind instead of having a platform every night. I consider myself a progressive person in many aspects and this does the opposite of what it intends and I ma so sick of the damn media fawning over these guys saying how wonderful it is that they do this boycott. It helps nothing!

I completely agree

59 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Exactly. Intent is probably good, but in the end, it’s misguided, and will do harm. Silver is losing control, fast. That said, seems like his hand was forced by the players. Owners can’t be happy, nor the fans. 

Not sure why you keep bringing up silver. What exactly is he supposed to do if the players don't want to play? He can't force them. Silver has been a very good commissioner for the league unlike other commissioners for other leagues.  He can't tell them get their arses out there and play or else. That won't end well for him. He has a fine line to tow and trying to ignore the issues and telling them to play or else will just make the players pissed off even more. 

I applaud them for standing up for what they believe in, if it means risking the rest of the season. I doubt the leaders would just cancel the season, go home, sit on the couch, and do nothing. 

Maybe for them it means getting the young black community out to vote and vote people who have a genuine interest in their voice.