***OFFICIAL NBA Thread -- Joker is Victorious***

Agent23

41 minutes ago, Agent23 said:

most hardcores have loved the competitiveness and physicality of this playoffs so far. the suspect officiating is the only complaint I've encountered 

I agree with this quote. I also think there have been some really great games in each of the rounds across both the east and the west. Going into the first and second rounds many series felt like they could go either way.

• Like 1

On 5/21/2022 at 9:41 PM, Mike31mt said:

I love basketball and Ive always loved watching the nba playoffs

But honestly the NBA is a total ish product right now.  From the AAU style of play, to overly political nonsense, to "load management," to China....its just trash anymore

Can we get a good series, hell even a couple good games??  This f'ing blows

Yeah, these playoffs just haven't done it for me. As much as I can't stand him, I might have to partially chalk it up to the absence of Lebron James. I love hate-watching the guy and rooting against him. Without that, I really haven't had much of an interest in any of the teams. I'll catch a game here and there, but sometimes I don't even change the HDMI input on my TV to move away from streaming services to watch a few minutes.  

20 hours ago, Agent23 said:

most hardcores have loved the competitiveness and physicality of this playoffs so far. the suspect officiating is the only complaint I've encountered 

john-travolta-well.gif

• Haha 1

you had a team come back from a 20+ point deficit! Twice! In the same game! You had a Mavs team lose by 30 to the Suns and WIN the series! A GSW team lose to MEM by 39 (I think?) and win the series! Teams fighting back within game and with an overall series is competitive! Mixed with the other games that end within single-digit deficit. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Agent23 said:

you had a team come back from a 20+ point deficit! Twice! In the same game! You had a Mavs team lose by 30 to the Suns and WIN the series! A GSW team lose to MEM by 39 (I think?) and win the series! Teams fighting back within game and with an overall series is competitive! Mixed with the other games that end within single-digit deficit. 

I think that's kind of the problem. Some of the games just haven't been competitive at all. Whole teams just kind of taking games off and say "meh, we'll get the next one" when they get down. Even in a competitive series like Boston/Miami 2 of the four games have been unwatchable blowouts. Just blah.

• Like 1

I'm glad I fell asleep <_<

On 5/24/2022 at 1:42 PM, Kz! said:

I think that's kind of the problem. Some of the games just haven't been competitive at all. Whole teams just kind of taking games off and say "meh, we'll get the next one" when they get down. Even in a competitive series like Boston/Miami 2 of the four games have been unwatchable blowouts. Just blah.

Dudes are wore out and affecting the product

That was crazy watching that unfold - the Warriors probably felt like most teams playing them when they go on one of their runs.  Boston came out and made 7 straight threes and mixed in some other buckets and a 12 point lead evaporated in like 3 minutes :lol: 

On 5/26/2022 at 11:17 PM, Blazehound said:

Another garbage blow out. Product blows this year.

Exact opposite of NFL playoffs this past season. Well, except for the Eagles game. :roll:

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Klays D was poop and he can't beat anyone off the bounce. 

He used to be a good defender, too. 

7 hours ago, mikemack8 said:

That was crazy watching that unfold - the Warriors probably felt like most teams playing them when they go on one of their runs.  Boston came out and made 7 straight threes and mixed in some other buckets and a 12 point lead evaporated in like 3 minutes :lol: 

basically 

• Like 1

Not looking good for GS - gonna be really tough for them with Steph having a bum foot now

Kerr trying about breaking the code during the Grizzlies series is just lip service. Dude is a goof

On 6/9/2022 at 6:54 AM, mikemack8 said:

Draymond has been straight garbage this series too

He’s basically turned into Ben Simmons in the atlanta series last postseason where on offense he has become gunshy on going up with shots late in the game when he has good opportunities. He had a couple chances in the 4th quarter for layups or dunks where no one was around him. one he had a wide open layup and passed to bjelica for 3 (the layup would’ve gotten the warriors closer) and passed looney for a harder layup then when no one was around him and he was just outside of the circle. He really is giving you the same stat line Ben Simmons had late in the atlanta series which is fine cause warriors have curry going off. But kerr is now playing offense and defense with him late in games cause draymond isn’t giving them consistency with what they need on the offensive end but need him on defense to guard Tatum or brown. Draymond doesn’t need to score 12-15 but he can’t be hesitating on layups and dunks nor averaging 2 points per game like the last two. Eventually the Celtics are going to leave him open and allow him to try to pass to someone or brick shots 

green this series: 

game 1: 4 points, 11 boards, 5 asts

game 2: 9 points, 5 boards and 7 asts

game 3: 2 points,  4 boards and 3 asts

Game 4: 2 points, 9 boards, 8 assists. 

simmons last 3 games vs. atlanta 

Game 5: 8 points, 9 asts and 4 boards 

game 6: 6 points, 9 boards and 4 asts

game 7: 5 points, 8 boards and 13 asts

green in 22 finals (avg): 4.8 points, 7.3 boards and 5.8 asts

simmons (avg last 3 vs. atlanta): 6.3 points, 7 boards and 8.7 asts

Man the celtics are so easy to hate