Andre Cisco (Syracuse S) -- DRAFTED BY JACKSONVILLE #65

QBhunter58

Our secondary needs help, and I would love to see the eagles finally draft a freaking safety in the first half of the draft for a change. I will admit, I think our first round pick is better utilized for other areas of need (edge rusher, O-lineman, Linebacker, or Chase 😆). However, I still think we should consider a pro bowl level safety early in next year's draft, we really blew it by not taking Chinn this year (especially if you are not even going to let hurts play). Corners are still the premium when it comes to the secondary but i have always ben partial to safeties since I was a little kid (we will call it the "brian dawkins effect"). So while an elite corner is ideal, you can give me the Eddie Jackson's, Anthony Harris', Jamal Adams' , and Derwin James' all day. 

So, the first safety I am choosing to highlight is probably the best, Andre Cisco. I do not make the comparison to Ed Reed lightly, because Ed was one of the best I have ever seen, but this kid has the juice. He is a game changing playmaker who reads and reacts at a level that reminds me of the best safeties in the NFL today. Cisco will likely be a late first round guy so he may not even be an option, but he did have an injury so you never know. I get it, he takes risks and jumps some routes. BUT → speed, aggression, playmaking ability, and good instincts... sign me up.

Love the play at the 1 minute mark 

• Like 2

Love this kid. Indeed the best safety in the class. Ball hawk! Torn ACL I believe?!

Borderline first rounder if not for the injury.Wonder who’ll take a flyer on him in the second?!

I admit I was high on Sidney Jones prior to his injury too and was fairly happy when the Eagles took him in the 2nd. That didn’t work out too well.

Don’t know if they’d use a high pick on an injured player anytime soon but if Cisco is still on the board at the start of the 3rd, by all means...go get him!

This guy is going to be legit. I first saw him play this year in the opener vs North Carolina. He is going to be a stud.

Looks like he's only played in 2 games this season going off the stats on ESPN.  He has 11 tackles (7 solo) and 1 INT.

The previous 2 seasons he had 125 tackles (87 solo) with 12 INTs and 14 PDs. 

I liked Winfield Jr. in the last draft, but TB took him early, because he was a centerfield playmaker.  In today's NFL where the rules favour the O players, especially the WRs, the time of the shutdown corner is almost over.  What you need are ballhawks who can create TOs and get the ball back to your O.  Getting that extra possession or two each game is what is going to help win football games.  I'm OK with DBs who get beat now and then so long as they have the ability to create a TO.  Right now we have DBs who get beat and create ish.  Remember 2017 how we were creating TOs?  Our D hasn't done that since.  If this kid is a ballhawk, a defensive playmaker, then he's what I want for our D going forward.

• Like 2

The ACL tear is the only reason to not draft him in the first and id still consider it. 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, QBhunter58 said:

I would love to see the eagles finally draft a freaking safety 

Why do we need a safety, we have Mills!!

Seriously, this guy looks like a winner.

On 12/2/2020 at 11:14 AM, Green_Guinness said:

What you need are ballhawks who can create TOs and get the ball back to your O. 

Ballhawks and hitters, this guy is that  double whammy

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Stud! Steal if we can get him in the 3rd! Too much talent so we know Howie will take him off the draft board.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, philafan4o8 said:

Stud! Steal if we can get him in the 3rd! Too much talent so we know Howie will take him off the draft board.

Then we jus gotta tell howie he's drafting for a checkers team so maybe he'll take a football player

• Haha 1

Was a big fan until I started looking at film. If you're into guys who consistently blow coverages and both can't tackle or play the run, he's definitely for you. 

I mean, he is a ballhawk. And that might be the end of anything appealing about him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stinkfist said:

Was a big fan until I started looking at film. If you're into guys who consistently blow coverages and both can't tackle or play the run, he's definitely for you. 

I mean, he is a ballhawk. And that might be the end of anything appealing about him. 

Even watching just the highlight video on the OP you can tell he just goes for the highlight reel play everytime which is always a gamble. Consistently trying to go for the big play in the NFL is just going to get him burnt a lot. 

On 2/19/2021 at 4:42 PM, philafan4o8 said:

Probably would need to get him in the second.

16 hours ago, Right4thePicking said:

Probably would need to get him in the second.

You may be right but not at #37. He is coming off torn ACL. He may go mid to late 2nd.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:37 AM, QBhunter58 said:

Our secondary needs help, and I would love to see the eagles finally draft a freaking safety in the first half of the draft for a change. I will admit, I think our first round pick is better utilized for other areas of need (edge rusher, O-lineman, Linebacker, or Chase 😆). However, I still think we should consider a pro bowl level safety early in next year's draft, we really blew it by not taking Chinn this year (especially if you are not even going to let hurts play). Corners are still the premium when it comes to the secondary but i have always ben partial to safeties since I was a little kid (we will call it the "brian dawkins effect"). So while an elite corner is ideal, you can give me the Eddie Jackson's, Anthony Harris', Jamal Adams' , and Derwin James' all day. 

So, the first safety I am choosing to highlight is probably the best, Andre Cisco. I do not make the comparison to Ed Reed lightly, because Ed was one of the best I have ever seen, but this kid has the juice. He is a game changing playmaker who reads and reacts at a level that reminds me of the best safeties in the NFL today. Cisco will likely be a late first round guy so he may not even be an option, but he did have an injury so you never know. I get it, he takes risks and jumps some routes. BUT → speed, aggression, playmaking ability, and good instincts... sign me up.

Love the play at the 1 minute mark 

Please grab this baller.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I’m a huge Cisco fan. Would love to have him but I think corner is a much bigger need than safety. I’d be all over Cisco if we got lucky enough for him to be there for the third round pick. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nipples said:

I’m a huge Cisco fan. Would love to have him but I think corner is a much bigger need than safety. I’d be all over Cisco if we got lucky enough for him to be there for the third round pick. 

Oh without doubt but I think Cisco in say the third (?) Would be much better value than any CB at that point?

14 hours ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh without doubt but I think Cisco in say the third (?) Would be much better value than any CB at that point?

I mean if the draft fell the way I wanted it would be 1: Chase 2: Samuel Jr 3: Cisco

If those were our first three picks I’d be ecstatic. Unfortunately I think Samuel could slip into the late 1st round and Cisco could go in the mid-late 2nd

• Like 2

I’m thinking if both Pitts and Chase are sitting there at 6, maybe they can swap with Carolina to go back to #8 (they’d still get one of Pitts or Chase, assuming carolina’s move up is for a qb). They could possibly pick up a third in the trade with the Panthers... then package that with their own third to get into the mid-late second round to land Cisco. 

15 hours ago, nipples said:

I mean if the draft fell the way I wanted it would be 1: Chase 2: Samuel Jr 3: Cisco

If those were our first three picks I’d be ecstatic. Unfortunately I think Samuel could slip into the late 1st round and Cisco could go in the mid-late 2nd

I’m right now at:

1: Kyle Pitts, Weapon Florida

2: Tyson Campbell, CB UG

3A: Andre Cisco, S Cuse

3B: Tylan Wallace, WR OKST

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Should have traded up a few spots and got cisco but howie wanted his combine warrior.