Micah Parsons (Penn State LB) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #12

Alphagrand

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Don’t forget Chicago and New England.

Chicago definitely — but do they dare try jump up into the top 5 and botch a QB pick like they did with Trubisky?  Belichick and McDaniels strike me as guys who will try to find that diamond in the 2nd/3rd round, rather than throw draft capital at a top 5 QB in the draft.

Early in the season I thought someone like NE might make a run at Aaron Rodgers in a trade, but with GB atop the NFC he’ll be staying there at least 1-2 more years.  Matt Ryan isn’t movable in 2021 unless it’s a post-June 1 trade — I wonder if Belichick would look into that option.

On 12/11/2020 at 3:59 PM, ManchesterEagle said:

If we were picking 5 and a QB needy team offers us a 2nd to move up from 7 or 8, that’s decent value and we should still get a stud while adding another high second.

A move from 7 to 5 would most likely net us a high 3rd (not a 2nd).  From 8 it could possibly net us a high 2nd (but with us sending our 3rd back) or instead would net us a high 3 and high 4. 

If Chase is sitting there at 5 and that is the player we really want, I'm taking him ... not trading the pick risking someone taking him in the couple picks before we do after moving down.  

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, time2rock said:

A move from 7 to 5 would most likely net us a high 3rd (not a 2nd).  From 8 it could possibly net us a high 2nd (but with us sending our 3rd back) or instead would net us a high 3 and high 4. 

If Chase is sitting there at 5 and that is the player we really want, I'm taking him ... not trading the pick risking someone taking him in the couple picks before we do after moving down.  

Exactly! Don’t overthink it. Just take him and don’t look back. Whoever the QB will be next year or down the road, he’ll have an elite WR to help him out.

9 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Exactly! Don’t overthink it. Just take him and don’t look back. Whoever the QB will be next year or down the road, he’ll have an elite WR to help him out.

Knowing Howie, he'll pass over Chase and take Rondale Moore because he brings more "speed".  I hope to God Howie isn't the one making the pick in April.  

7 minutes ago, time2rock said:

Knowing Howie, he'll pass over Chase and take Rondale Moore because he brings more "speed".  I hope to God Howie isn't the one making the pick in April.  

Agreed. Nothing will change if Lurie keeps Howie around. 🤞🏼

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 12:33 PM, CaliEagle said:

There's a better chance Howie drafts Alan Parsons.  They don't draft LBs in Round 1 and haven't since Jerry Robinson in1980.

Actually Howie technically  has drafted a linebacker more recent than that. He was Marcus Smith from Louisville. 

On 12/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, PoconoDon said:

Howie wouldn't draft a LB'er in the 1st round even if it was discovered he was born on Krypton. For my part, given the choice between Chase and Parsons, I'd prefer Chase because getting an impact WR is harder to do since the position is over drafted every year.

Yeah it’s hard to trust that Howie will make any good picks at this point. 

1 hour ago, EazyEaglez said:

Actually Howie technically  has drafted a linebacker more recent than that. He was Marcus Smith from Louisville. 

They didn't draft him with the intention of him being a linebacker.  He was drafted as a DE.

12 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

They didn't draft him with the intention of him being a linebacker.  He was drafted as a DE.

No they drafted him to play linebacker. He was a DE in college. They played him originally at OLB and eventually moved him to ILB all while messing up his head in the process. At 258 pounds the was zero chance he could ever be a 3-4 DE. 

Eagles need star player regardless of position and this guy would be a great value pick at bottom of top 10.  LB's do tend to fall a bit so yeah he could be there.  the emergence of so many running Qb's has put the value of the 3-down Lb on the rise a bit, this would be a great pick.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2020 at 11:52 AM, time2rock said:

On 12/13/2020 at 12:49 PM, Ray75 said:

I would rather the pick be spent on the D. If Chase is far and away the best player on the board then so be it.

But the D needs help badly.

3 hours ago, ManchesterEagle said:

I would rather the pick be spent on the D. If Chase is far and away the best player on the board then so be it.

But the D needs help badly.

Our first? On who? Parsons, Surtain, Farley, Rousseau or Paye over an elite receiver like Chase or Smith? I don’t know, buddy. 

I’m a sucker for corners, safeties and linebackers. Heck, I’ve been wanting this team to select a corner in the first for 10+ years now but you know what?! We never had a true No.1 receiver and I want one more, even over the likes of Surtain and Farley as long as they address corner in the second. It’s become a passing league and we need all the weapons we could get no matter who’s under center.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ray75 said:

Our first? On who? Parsons, Surtain, Farley, Rousseau or Paye over an elite receiver like Chase or Smith? I don’t know, buddy. 

I’m a sucker for corners, safeties and linebackers. Heck, I’ve been wanting this team to select a corner in the first for 10+ years now but you know what?! We never had a true No.1 receiver and I want one more, even over the likes of Surtain and Farley as long as they address corner in the second. It’s become a passing league and we need all the weapons we could get no matter who’s under center.

I hear you and I have no idea on the quality of the various prospects. If Chase is the best player than so be it.

But elite WRs are overrated. Look at the top 10-15 receivers in the league. How many of them are on winning teams? How many of the elite receivers have won Super Bowls. Good teams can take them away. 

It’s a passing league and our D is about to fall off a cliff. Particularly if Schwartz leaves and we don’t really luck out on his replacement.

I find it hard to believe the eagles will draft Parson. Eagles have made it clear they want to build the team through offensive and defensive line. With some of our top defensive lineman likely to be cap casualties during the offseason, I see them going d-line in first unfortunately. Shattering my dreams of Chase or Smith in an Eagles uniform.

IMO, jury is still out on Parsons. He does not strike me as some of the top 10 linebackers i have seen in the past drafts like a patrick willis or a luke kuechly. Even a Devin White or Roquan Smith.

He is a great athlete, great blitzer. He is solid in coverage but still needs to show me more. He has potential and I wouldn't mind him if he was the best player on the board.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

I find it hard to believe the eagles will draft Parson. Eagles have made it clear they want to build the team through offensive and defensive line. With some of our top defensive lineman likely to be cap casualties during the offseason, I see them going d-line in first unfortunately. Shattering my dreams of Chase or Smith in an Eagles uniform.

IMO, jury is still out on Parsons. He does not strike me as some of the top 10 linebackers i have seen in the past drafts like a patrick willis or a luke kuechly. Even a Devin White or Roquan Smith.

He is a great athlete, great blitzer. He is solid in coverage but still needs to show me more. He has potential and I wouldn't mind him if he was the best player on the board.

100 % agree with your assessment Eagles usually go O- or D-line with their first rounder but especially this year the value just might not be there.

You’re looking at possibly Kwity Paye, Gregory Rousseau and Wyatt Davis as the best linemen available. Can’t see the Eagles taking on a prospect at edge. They value production and consistency over raw potential. So it’s likely a no to Rousseau. Although I like Davis, a guard at, say, 9th, is too rich IMO. But Paye is exactly the type of prospect this organisation usually falls in love with. Question is; will he be there with both the Cowboys, Chargers, Falcons and possibly Dolphins looking for help at the position?!

All I’m saying is that the Eagles can go in a lot of different directions in the first but there just won’t be a lot of linemen available worthy of that high a pick while they probably will have a shot at landing an elite WR or a very good CB. Agreed on Parsons. Like him a lot but jury is still out on him. Is he Lewis, Willis or Kuechly good?! Not likely plus Eagles just don’t value the position enough to warrant spending a first rounder on it.

• Like 1

It may just be me but I don’t like any of these Lbs or Dbs in the first round. Especially not in the top 10-15

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philafan4o8 said:

It may just be me but I don’t like any of these Lbs or Dbs in the first round. Especially not in the top 10-15

Somewhat agree! Parsons could turn into a star but Surtain reminds me of Byron Jones and Marlon Humphrey who are good but not elite IMO and Farley is a mystery because of injury.

The meat at those positions is in that 20-50 range with prospects like Stokes, Samuel, Campbell, Kendrick, Holland, Moehring, Cisco, Owusu-Koramoah, Bolton, Surratt and Cox.

50 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Somewhat agree! Parsons could turn into a star but Surtain reminds me of Byron Jones and Marlon Humphrey who are good but not elite IMO and Farley is a mystery because of injury.

The meat at those positions is in that 20-50 range with prospects like Stokes, Samuel, Campbell, Kendrick, Holland, Moehring, Cisco, Owusu-Koramoah, Bolton, Surratt and Cox.

Agreed, Parsons has the highest potential. And yes 20-50 is the sweet spot for those players.

For some reason Surtain reminds me of Dee Milliner lol. If the Eagles draft him, I hope i am wrong. But Surtain, has not preformed well against any of the elite WRs that I can remember. Funny, given the WRs he must go against in practice for the past 3 years.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 10:17 AM, Ray75 said:

I am beginning to agree. I dont see any absolute elite corners or edge rushers at the top of the draft. I get it, elite wide receivers dont = championships, but you know what? We are entering a rebuild here, and i am inclined to place a high level of value on entertainment during this process. An elite WR brings excitement to the table; give me something to root for as we undergo a youth movement/rebuild over the next few years.

3 minutes ago, QBhunter58 said:

I am beginning to agree. I dont see any absolute elite corners or edge rushers at the top of the draft. I get it, elite wide receivers dont = championships, but you know what? We are entering a rebuild here, and i am inclined to place a high level of value on entertainment during this process. An elite WR brings excitement to the table; give me something to root for as we undergo a youth movement/rebuild over the next few years.

Exactly, my friend! I’d love something to get excited about. Especially after this season and the pandamic.

If this guy is Luke Kuechly level, we'd be fools to pass up on him, even if we don't value the position.  Whether he is or not, that's up to the talent evaluators to determine.

If he's that good, you can plug him in at MLB for the next 10 years and then probably go cheap at the other LB positions and still have a good unit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/11/2020 at 10:33 AM, PoconoDon said:

Howie wouldn't draft a LB'er in the 1st round even if it was discovered he was born on Krypton. For my part, given the choice between Chase and Parsons, I'd prefer Chase because getting an impact WR is harder to do since the position is over drafted every year.

If I were the GM I wouldn't draft a LB in the top 5 this year as well. Not if Chase is available. And CB is a bigger need than LB.