Micah Parsons (Penn State LB) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #12

Alphagrand

15 hours ago, NVeagle said:

Howie needs to be fired.

Who helped Tampa win

Tom Brady and injuries to KC’s offensive line?

• Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 12:25 PM, nipples said:

Why the hell would they waste the #6 pick on a linebacker? Hell, not even too 10. 

Not that he isn’t a good player, but linebacker simply isn’t that valuable. 

Right LB isn’t valuable. 

WRs though they are SO valuable. 

Go back and compare in the last 10 years how many LBs were drafted top 10 and how many WRs were drafted top 10.

10 minutes ago, wtfcares said:

Right LB isn’t valuable. 

WRs though they are SO valuable. 

Go back and compare in the last 10 years how many LBs were drafted top 10 and how many WRs were drafted top 10.

Whatever dude. It's obvious Parsons has next level talent.

1 hour ago, Right4thePicking said:

Whatever dude. It's obvious Parsons has next level talent.

I think you missed my sarcasm. I agree with you. 

Parsons can single handedly transform this D. Chase or Smith or Pitts is not going to do that to the O. 

• Like 1

Now that the Eagles have their shiny new LB'er in Avery, they clearly don't have any pressing need to draft a LB'er this April. Way to go Howie!!!:wacko:

On 12/10/2020 at 7:38 PM, EazyEaglez said:

Would love to see this team think out the box for once and take a linebacker this high. This position for the Eagles has been neglected far too long.

Believe it or not, I'm not at all impressed with Parsons because he's not a hitter, he's a a grab the upper body and sling him to the ground.....DO NOT WANT!!!

8 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Believe it or not, I'm not at all impressed with Parsons because he's not a hitter, he's a a grab the upper body and sling him to the ground.....DO NOT WANT!!!

Ok. I wouldn't be offended if we traded down to the late teens and picked collins.

I'm sorry but there is a LOT of value in picking an elite 3-down LB who will wear the green sticker and make the calls for your D for the next 8 years.  If the new regime thinks this guy is their Darius Leonard I'm all for the pick.  This is not like taking a RB top 10, a Lb is worth the 2nd contract.

I remember being surprised when the Vikings took A.Barr in the top-10 and played him at LB.  Now, I think they paid a premium because most of the world saw him as a DE - but I'd think you can make a solid argument that Parsons is a better fit (and might get discounted because he's identified as a LB). 

• Like 1

Lurie wants to build around Hurts, so they will take a weapon for him in either Chase, Smith or Pitts.  Perhaps Sewell if he falls.  They will want a shiny new toy for the QB to grow with.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, b_west3 said:

Parsons ran a 4.35 40...wow. 

Was he running downhill with a 30mph tailwind? 

After the Lbs below average play in 2020, Micah Parsons would be worth the 12 th pick. The current Eagle Lbs couldn't tie his shoulder pad laces. He is the heavy hitter against the run they don't have. Penn States Lbs have played well in the NFL. Matt Millen a POOR GM but a good Lb is just one

After the Lbs below average play in 2020, Micah Parsons would be worth the 12 th pick. The current Eagle Lbs couldn't his shoulder pad laces. He is the heavy hitter against the run they don't have. Penn States Lbs have played well in the NFL. Matt Millen a POOR GM but a good Lb is just one

now that we are at 12, really hoping we get a shot at Parsons. Will never happen as we only draft late round LBs, but he would change the defense

• Like 1

After the Lbs below average play in 2020, Micah Parsons would be worth the 12 th pick. The current Eagle Lbs couldn't tie his shoulder pad laces. He is the heavy hitter against the run they don't have. Penn States Lbs have played well in the NFL. Matt Millen a POOR GM but a good Lb is just one

WR sucks. CB sucks. Defensive line is old and average. All much more important position groups than linebacker. I like Parsons as a player, but no way I’d take him at 12. 

The 2020 LBS couldn't  catch Jeff Lurie if he was in a wheel chair. That crew was rough on the  eyes watching  them. The Eagles are against the wall with the cap and not much to offer in a dtaft choice trade .Hopefully a different type of defense will help the D Line untill it can be rebuilt.

Would think Parsons goes before 12 maybe but I would like the pick if they took him. Doubt it happens but it wouldn’t offend me. 

On 3/26/2021 at 6:58 PM, Freedom 76 said:

After the Lbs below average play in 2020, Micah Parsons would be worth the 12 th pick. The current Eagle Lbs couldn't his shoulder pad laces. He is the heavy hitter against the run they don't have. Penn States Lbs have played well in the NFL. Matt Millen a POOR GM but a good Lb is just one

Actually most penn state linebackers have been pretty average or had injury problems. 

On 3/7/2021 at 9:44 AM, dawkins4prez said:

I'm sorry but there is a LOT of value in picking an elite 3-down LB who will wear the green sticker and make the calls for your D for the next 8 years.  If the new regime thinks this guy is their Darius Leonard I'm all for the pick.  This is not like taking a RB top 10, a Lb is worth the 2nd contract.

yeah Linebackers are a dime a dozen, they dont have the same value as they used to be. However, guys like Luke Kuechly are defense defining, game changers. If you think Parsons is at that elite level, it would not be out of bounds to spend high draft capital on him. However, the value of the LB is still less than other positions. If it comes down to picking a pro-bowl LB or a pro-bowl corner... there are plenty of starting caliber linebackers to be had in the 2nd round

3 hours ago, QBhunter58 said:

yeah Linebackers are a dime a dozen, they dont have the same value as they used to be. However, guys like Luke Kuechly are defense defining, game changers. If you think Parsons is at that elite level, it would not be out of bounds to spend high draft capital on him. However, the value of the LB is still less than other positions. If it comes down to picking a pro-bowl LB or a pro-bowl corner... there are plenty of starting caliber linebackers to be had in the 2nd round

They have been retiring early these days too

4 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

They have been retiring early these days too

True. Wouldn't you though?

1 hour ago, QBhunter58 said:

True. Wouldn't you though?

I'd like to retire right now yes lol

If we leave the 1st round with Parsons and a 1 next year, it'd be a massively huge win. 

Parsons is a beast and we need someone young to build the defense around. 

• Like 3