Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Look...every QB has a bad day. That happens. Hurts bad day just happens to be Sundays. I would say Tuesday through Saturday he is one of the best QBs in the league. 

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Look...every QB has a bad day. That happens. Hurts bad day just happens to be Sundays. I would say Tuesday through Saturday he is one of the best QBs in the league. 

It is a sad day when a true backup QB is forced to put down the clipboard and finally prove he can't really play the game.

12 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

[Derrick Gunn went on to mention that he asked a few people about where Hurts was in his process. Gunn said, "One person said let me give you a scenario of what he went through in one day of practice. It was a ten-play scenario. He had three picks, four incompletions, and three sacks.”]

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/should_the_eagles_be_concerned_about_jalen_hurts_progress/s1_16481_37665597

According to D. Gun this was during OTAs. If this is what Hurts is doing in practice for any point in time then he’s going to be an issue again this year. I hope he can turn things around, but this isn’t going to win in the NFL. 

"One person" must be super-psyched about our defense. 3 sacks in 10 plays vs our O-line and 3 turnovers created in the same ten plays!!! Forget "all stars" or "dream team" this is obviously the new face of the Super Terrific Happy Hour!!!

7 hours ago, brkmsn said:

"One person" must be super-psyched about our defense. 3 sacks in 10 plays vs our O-line and 3 turnovers created in the same ten plays!!! Forget "all stars" or "dream team" this is obviously the new face of the Super Terrific Happy Hour!!!

Clearly the offensive line was taking a break, while defense was pumped in NON Contact exhibition. Doesn't mean anything! Perfect Spam for all the Hurts haters. Receivers could have been all rookies and running the wrong routes, etc. I am not worried. Waiting for a preseason games to make my own judgement, instead of listening to camp rumors.

20 hours ago, EazyEaglez said:

[Derrick Gunn went on to mention that he asked a few people about where Hurts was in his process. Gunn said, "One person said let me give you a scenario of what he went through in one day of practice. It was a ten-play scenario. He had three picks, four incompletions, and three sacks.”]

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/should_the_eagles_be_concerned_about_jalen_hurts_progress/s1_16481_37665597

According to D. Gun this was during OTAs. If this is what Hurts is doing in practice for any point in time then he’s going to be an issue again this year. I hope he can turn things around, but this isn’t going to win in the NFL. 

Haven't Eagles beat writers who have been at camp this year, already called BS on Gunn for this?  That it isn't reflective of what they watched and just wouldn't happen in 7 v 7 anyway.

Apparently the anonymous source was a Mr M Ginshew.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Haven't Eagles beat writers who have been at camp this year, already called BS on Gunn for this?  That it isn't reflective of what they watched and just wouldn't happen in 7 v 7 anyway.

Rumors. Hearsay. There might be a grain of truth. Who knows? Doesn't matter.

Hurts needs to get on the same page as his receivers and OLine. They need reps in preseason.

And, it doesn't matter what Minshew and Strong do against 3rd string Defenses in the preseason.

There will be no competition.

The Hurts Experiment will continue well into the regular season.

If anything happens, it will be Minshew getting traded to a desperate team.

If a reporter said that Hurts looked like the offspring of Manning and Brady in 7v7 I wouldn't believe it and wouldn't put any stock in it.  As someone who thinks very little of Hurts' ability to be a QB, I certainly believe that he could look like crap in 7v7, but I still don't put any stock in it.  

The difference between mini camp/training camp reality and reports tell us can be stunning, based on my experiences from a few of the camps I went to.  And the difference between training camp reality and what translates to the regular season isn't exactly small either.

Basically, Sundays will tell the story.  I don't care what anyone says right now.  There will be a report from some other media member in Lurie's pocket about how incredible Hurts looks in the next few days.  Just wait.  

11 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Several reports haven't heard the same things as Gunn, but did vouch for his integrity as a reporter and didn't blow it off as nothing. Football at Four also talked about how his report could be accurate, but interpreted differently due to context. 

44 minutes ago, kentwo said:

Several reports haven't heard the same things as Gunn, but did vouch for his integrity as a reporter and didn't blow it off as nothing. Football at Four also talked about how his report could be accurate, but interpreted differently due to context. 

I thought Brooks had the same conversation with a source

On 7/12/2022 at 11:04 AM, Shalodeep said:

I thought Brooks had the same conversation with a source

Maybe, not sure. I was listening to the one with Mosher. 

I heard BLG also support Gunn as a reporter and say that the media wasn't there all days so the stats of the report could have been accurate, but maybe context was important. 

It's that simple. When the season starts is when it all counts. If I'm correct, I believe we stunk in the preseason the year we won the SB. 

So, when. Week 1 starts, that's when my radar starts. Until then, don't pay articles much attention. He will be a beast it bum, and we will know sooner than later.

4 minutes ago, Dungaroo said:

It's that simple. When the season starts is when it all counts. If I'm correct, I believe we stunk in the preseason the year we won the SB. 

So, when. Week 1 starts, that's when my radar starts. Until then, don't pay articles much attention. He will be a beast it bum, and we will know sooner than later.

This is some really hard hitting new content, and I don't even know what the bolded means.

Will have a chance to get off to a good start.  Will be exciting to watch it all play out.  Just gotta hope they can all make it to the start of the season without any major injuries. 

22 minutes ago, downundermike said:

This is some really hard hitting new content, and I don't even know what the bolded means.

Whiskey talk. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

This is exactly what we needed

You know what we need? Westbrick off the team

25 minutes ago, Godfather said:

You know what we need? Westbrick off the team

That too! Don't call him that though it makes him sad lol

3 hours ago, NCTANK said:

been a while since the last Dungaroo siting 

A name I was not expecting

15 minutes ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That too! Don't call him that though it makes him sad lol

Sad or happy... nothing but bricks

On 7/12/2022 at 9:07 PM, kentwo said:

Maybe, not sure. I was listening to the one with Mosher. 

I heard BLG also support Gunn as a reporter and say that the media wasn't there all days so the stats of the report could have been accurate, but maybe context was important. 

Screenshot_20220713-234544.thumb.png.502116e61f93cffe681d843036c79b18.png

2 hours ago, Shalodeep said:

Screenshot_20220713-234544.thumb.png.502116e61f93cffe681d843036c79b18.png

I think the larger take away wasn't the stats for that specific day, but that the Eagle's front office may be saying the right things, but have not bought in on Hurts. Which is probably the right way to do it in this situation. Especially with two first round picks in what looks to be a great QB class as well as the financial implications of having to sign a QB who may not be as good a passer as your owner would like to see. We will see what things look like in a couple of weeks. 

12 hours ago, Godfather said:

You know what we need? 

More cowbell

Archived