Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

Training Camp hasn't even started and people love to start some drama.  I'm looking forward to Jalen continuing his elevation.   Obviously winning the Division and getting back to the Playoffs is the next goal.  Also winning in the playoffs is taking the next step.   Last Year they really tuned it around and found their identify.  Sadly they lost to the Defending Champs at their house.  I hope all the young guys learned from that and this year understand that getting to the playoffs is only the beginning.    I'm hoping for a dominate season.  I'm glad they don't have a late bye again.  They  have a lot of weapons on Offense including at WR and Running Game.  Our Line is a great.  I want Jalen to use his running but I also want him to let these weapons work for him as well.  I'm also liking this is the first time Jalen will be in  the same system in back to back years.  

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has sucked so far. He didn't beat a winning team last year. He was so bad, an NFL team had to change their ENTIRE offense to survive, after only 4 or 5 games into the season. The Eagles ran the ball because Hurts wasn't an NFL level QB. The Eagles could NOT run their true offensive scheme because of Hurts, yet all the Hurts nut huggers call him a winner. Delusional people. They call a loser a winner, black is white, truth is a lie, etc. Backward thinking people. They don't let facts or what is right before their eyes get in the way of their delusions. 

Until he proves himself as an NFL QB, all this TALK is just trash. Prove it with your play, or stfu. He isn't entitled to be called a winner yet. Entitled being the key word. Hurts people remind me of all those Ben Simmons people. All talk and zero improvement. Give Hurts a Participation Trophy if you want, I'm not.

I hope Hurts kills the bad talk this year and emerges as a quality QB. I really do. End the talk, once for all, because it needs to go. Prove yourself.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:54 AM, Shalodeep said:

Look...every QB has a bad day. That happens. Hurts bad day just happens to be Sundays. I would say Tuesday through Saturday he is one of the best QBs in the league. 

So the King of Thursday nights then?

:excited:

1 hour ago, eglz1 said:

So the King of Thursday nights then?

:excited:

Sure lol why not 

On 7/14/2022 at 6:35 AM, KINGnabb said:

Training Camp hasn't even started and people love to start some drama.  I'm looking forward to Jalen continuing his elevation.   Obviously winning the Division and getting back to the Playoffs is the next goal.  Also winning in the playoffs is taking the next step.   Last Year they really tuned it around and found their identify.  Sadly they lost to the Defending Champs at their house.  I hope all the young guys learned from that and this year understand that getting to the playoffs is only the beginning.    I'm hoping for a dominate season.  I'm glad they don't have a late bye again.  They  have a lot of weapons on Offense including at WR and Running Game.  Our Line is a great.  I want Jalen to use his running but I also want him to let these weapons work for him as well.  I'm also liking this is the first time Jalen will be in  the same system in back to back years.  

Yes they did.  They found that their identity was a team who had a starting QB who can't pass....so they ran the ball more......against teams who happened to be starting QBs who had no business being on an NFL roster.

1 hour ago, PhillyMG said:

Yes they did.  They found that their identity was a team who had a starting QB who can't pass....so they ran the ball more......against teams who happened to be starting QBs who had no business being on an NFL roster.

It's not like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Matthew Stafford are any better at tackling than those other QBs.

1 hour ago, brkmsn said:

It's not like Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Matthew Stafford are any better at tackling than those other QBs.

Perhaps, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady or Matthew Stafford actually could muster enough offense to make Hurts have to actually play the role of QB to score enough points to win.  I said win, not put up meaningless stats once the Eagles fall behind by 3 TDs.  

BLG had a great stat to keep an eye on. Hurts had the lowest number of throws over the middle at 10% while AJ Brown gets over 60% of his completions over the middle. Interesting to see how the fit works out, if Hurt's production over the middle increases because AJ is there, if AJ's production decreases because Hurts doesn't throw over the middle, or if AJ is forced to be a perimeter target which is different from where he has had most of his success over the years. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:37 PM, brkmsn said:

No, but like I have told you a million times that's such a poor argument.

Who keeps their defense fresh and on the sidelines more: Aaron Rodgers or Trevor Siemien? Which of those two puts more pressure on our defense? Which of those two can sustain more drives and give our offense less time in the field? Which of those two, based on the other questions, would put more pressure on our offense? 

Obviously they play for a different team, I'll say that now because I'm sure that would be in your rebuttal. The point is that the level of QB absolutely makes a difference and you're either incapable of getting that or intentionally being obtuse. 

We don't have an effective RB duo either, at least not when it counts. Once again the coaches will get most of the blame. 

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

No, but like I have told you a million times that's such a poor argument.

Who keeps their defense fresh and on the sidelines more: Aaron Rodgers or Trevor Siemien? Which of those two puts more pressure on our defense? Which of those two can sustain more drives and give our offense less time in the field? Which of those two, based on the other questions, would put more pressure on our offense? 

Obviously they play for a different team, I'll say that now because I'm sure that would be in your rebuttal. The point is that the level of QB absolutely makes a difference and you're either incapable of getting that or intentionally being obtuse. 

We averaged 26.1 points per game. We switched to a ball control offense last year. We were 4th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage. We were 6th in average length of drive. We didn't just change up our offense last year simply because of Hurts. We changed because the whole team benefitted, including a very suspect defense that didn't force turnovers or get enough pressure on QBs (neither of which was due to a lack of rest because of the offense). 

4 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

We averaged 26.1 points per game. We switched to a ball control offense last year. We were 4th in the NFL in 3rd down conversion percentage. We were 6th in average length of drive. We didn't just change up our offense last year simply because of Hurts. We changed because the whole team benefitted, including a very suspect defense that didn't force turnovers or get enough pressure on QBs (neither of which was due to a lack of rest because of the offense). 

So, intentionally obtuse it is. Got it.

5 minutes ago, Swoop said:

So, intentionally obtuse it is. Got it.

You're going to sit here making an argument that QB play can help a team's defense, but when I show that our offense was better than average at scoring points, converting 3rd downs and overall drive length, you're just going to ignore it because you don't like the "style" our QB played. 

Got it.

For the record, my expectations for Hurts are that he will continue to improve as a passer and the offense will evolve around that improvement. 

9 minutes ago, brkmsn said:

You're going to sit here making an argument that QB play can help a team's defense, but when I show that our offense was better than average at scoring points, converting 3rd downs and overall drive length, you're just going to ignore it because you don't like the "style" our QB played. 

Got it.

For the record, my expectations for Hurts are that he will continue to improve as a passer and the offense will evolve around that improvement. 

You're ranting about something I'm not even talking about. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Encouraging words from the head coach on the young man. Hopefully his play carry’s over into training camp and the preseason.

"Ranking what's important in a quarterback, accuracy is always going to be No. 1," Sirianni says. "I'm back and forth at No. 2 between decision-making and the ability to create plays for the offense. I'm really impressed with his ability to process and get it out on time. He's making good, accurate decisions and he's doing it on time. I'm seeing a better base to make throws. He has to continue to be on the uprise, or it's just talk. He's gotten better throughout his entire career."

16 minutes ago, Thrive said:

Encouraging words from the head coach on the young man. Hopefully his play carry’s over into training camp and the preseason.

"Ranking what's important in a quarterback, accuracy is always going to be No. 1," Sirianni says. "I'm back and forth at No. 2 between decision-making and the ability to create plays for the offense. I'm really impressed with his ability to process and get it out on time. He's making good, accurate decisions and he's doing it on time. I'm seeing a better base to make throws. He has to continue to be on the uprise, or it's just talk. He's gotten better throughout his entire career."

Inception-Ending.jpg

Like..in my life, I have never been beat down with such a senseless saying over and over again. He has the same flaws as he came into the league. He had those same flaws throughout college. He has been outperformed each time he has been sat or been injured since college. 

35 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Inception-Ending.jpg

Like..in my life, I have never been beat down with such a senseless saying over and over again. He has the same flaws as he came into the league. He had those same flaws throughout college. He has been outperformed each time he has been sat or been injured since college. 

I mean…it’s a NFL Head Coach saying that in an unprompted manner, not some TATER clown like myself. 

Perhaps it’s just the case that you don’t know what you’re watching?? And I say that without any vitriol. I admittedly don’t know what I’m watching most of the time either.

36 minutes ago, Thrive said:

I mean…it’s a NFL Head Coach saying that in an unprompted manner, not some TATER clown like myself. 

Perhaps it’s just the case that you don’t know what you’re watching?? And I say that without any vitriol. I admittedly don’t know what I’m watching most of the time either.

It's his NFL head coach who answers to the man that drafted him who can't give up on any draft pick. If they said different things it would bug me less, but them continuing to use that line over and over feels like football brand propaganda.  If you look at Nick's list for QB, he isn't describing Hurts ability until the third thing which is making a play...because he doesn't make the right one often enough with his running vs progressions. I may not know everything, but I know Im not watching a good qb when I watch him throw

5 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

It's his NFL head coach who answers to the man that drafted him who can't give up on any draft pick. If they said different things it would bug me less, but them continuing to use that line over and over feels like football brand propaganda.  If you look at Nick's list for QB, he isn't describing Hurts ability until the third thing which is making a play...because he doesn't make the right one often enough with his running vs progressions. I may not know everything, but I know Im not watching a good qb when I watch him throw

Good news, we will have the answers soon enough.  If the Eagles revert to a run heavy approach after trading a 1st plus and then paying a WR 100 million, you know Hurts is not the answer.

5 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Good news, we will have the answers soon enough.  If the Eagles revert to a run heavy approach after trading a 1st plus and then paying a WR 100 million, you know Hurts is not the answer.

I can't wait for camp where he isn't the only viable answer at QB and people look around the room like...oh yeah ....

5 hours ago, downundermike said:

Hurts had 9.3 rushes per game. I'd like to see that number reduced to around 6 and the pass attempts to increase. If that happens and his completion percentage increases 3-4%, I think the results would be pretty positive. I don't want to see us abandon the run, though. This team should continue to be a top 5 rushing offense. It would also be nice if we were "running" the clock out with more than a 1-score lead late in games. But I absolutely believe the Eagles need to establish the passing game as a viable threat to opposing defenses. Last year, we didn't do that. We can't continue to run the same exact offense as last season. As good as we are at running, we'd be even more efficient if teams were worried about our passing game too.

What we did last year was fine for last year. We figured out our strengths. Now we need to expand and improve in the other areas. 

11 hours ago, Swoop said:

You're ranting about something I'm not even talking about. 😂😂😂😂😂😂

My apologies. I have a limited amount of time to post in the mornings before I need to leave for work and I didn't respond accurately to what you said. I was going to reply 1 more time before I left and I reread your posts and realized I was off track. 

2 hours ago, brkmsn said:

Hurts had 9.3 rushes per game. I'd like to see that number reduced to around 6 and the pass attempts to increase. If that happens and his completion percentage increases 3-4%, I think the results would be pretty positive. I don't want to see us abandon the run, though. This team should continue to be a top 5 rushing offense. It would also be nice if we were "running" the clock out with more than a 1-score lead late in games. But I absolutely believe the Eagles need to establish the passing game as a viable threat to opposing defenses. Last year, we didn't do that. We can't continue to run the same exact offense as last season. As good as we are at running, we'd be even more efficient if teams were worried about our passing game too.

What we did last year was fine for last year. We figured out our strengths. Now we need to expand and improve in the other areas. 

A lot of those rushing yards came with 4th quarter prevent defense

52 minutes ago, downundermike said:

A lot of those rushing yards came with 4th quarter prevent defense

Really? How many? What percentage?

Archived