Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

I can't wait for more observational, qualitative, and statistical data on Jalen Hurts.

3 preseason games: August 12, 21, 27

Then we take a break on Labor Day weekend

Then the season starts on Sept 11 in Detroit

What drama?! 

Will Hurts make the grade or not?

Here's your big chance to show the world.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the big issue with Hurts is the misinformation with the media and the franchise itself.  Any franchise is going to hype up their starting QB.  As long as the Eagles, internally, don't actually believe it, then it's fine.  

QB isn't a position like S or OG where you simply look to upgrade when you have someone below average.  You don't fill a hole at QB.  You either have a franchise, elite level QB that makes you a perennial contender...or you better be looking for one.  

So...anti-Hurts comment...Hurts will NEVER be that guy.  Pro-Hurts comment...I understand the Eagles' approach (if this is their approach).  You don't invest in a half measure, still-not-good-enough upgrade at QB just because they are better than Hurts.  When someone you feel strongly about comes along, pull the trigger and give them the opportunity.  And put as much lipstick on the Hurts QB pig as you can in the meantime.  

1 hour ago, eagle45 said:

So the big issue with Hurts is the misinformation with the media and the franchise itself.  Any franchise is going to hype up their starting QB.  As long as the Eagles, internally, don't actually believe it, then it's fine.  

QB isn't a position like S or OG where you simply look to upgrade when you have someone below average.  You don't fill a hole at QB.  You either have a franchise, elite level QB that makes you a perennial contender...or you better be looking for one.  

So...anti-Hurts comment...Hurts will NEVER be that guy.  Pro-Hurts comment...I understand the Eagles' approach (if this is their approach).  You don't invest in a half measure, still-not-good-enough upgrade at QB just because they are better than Hurts.  When someone you feel strongly about comes along, pull the trigger and give them the opportunity.  And put as much lipstick on the Hurts QB pig as you can in the meantime.  

In that case then Strong should be given an opportunity 

3 hours ago, eagle45 said:

And don't forget about the salary cap piece.  Last season, the Eagles allocated almost $40 million in cap space to the QB position and $34 million of it went to a guy who played for the Colts. The Eagles QB room was $5 million combined out of necessity. 

16 hours ago, Hawkeye said:

And don't forget about the salary cap piece.  Last season, the Eagles allocated almost $40 million in cap space to the QB position and $34 million of it went to a guy who played for the Colts. The Eagles QB room was $5 million combined out of necessity. 

We are definitely working through the Carson Wentz salary cap hit hangover.

I'm for keeping the QB payroll low while we unscrew the cap.

That's why I'm a proponent of trading Hurts at the first opportunity.

Go with Gardner Minshew and Carson Strong.

Let someone else extend Hurts. He hasn't earned it yet.

You guys are joking in thinking you have something in Carson Strong right? There are reasons he wasn't drafted.

At best he will be on the Eagles practice squad this year.

The Eagles are in the worst division in football. You guys have a easy path to the playoffs. The Cowboys suck and are a overrated joke. Jalen Hurts can get you there.

Get over Carson Strong ever becoming anything. He sucks.

57147797.jpg

15 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

You guys are joking in thinking you have something in Carson Strong right? There are reasons he wasn't drafted.

The Eagles are in the worst division in football. You guys have a easy path to the playoffs. The Cowboys suck and are a overrated joke. Jalen Hurts can get you there.

57147797.jpg

Hey RTK 

4 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Hey RTK 

What does RTK mean? Am I missing something? 

24 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

57147797.jpg

People with some free time go on a sports message board for their team.
People with no life go on another team's board to talk crap.

8 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

RTK is a resident Hurts lover, contrarian, and argumentative troll.

Looks like you're a troll too.

13 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

A "fan" of the Packers comes onto an eagle site to put down an undrafted rookie and to defend one of the worst starters in the league....

The packers fan base has had a top ten QB replaced by a top five QB of all time....yeah, makes no sense for you to be here or to pick this fight....unless you were already trolling on here and decided you needed a new face to be taken seriously. Packers aren't even in the same division, but you care about the eagles QB situation? Again...hey RTK 

Wow, relax, no one is picking a fight with you. What are you cats triggered over?

You are taking a message board a little too seriously. I'd expect this from Cowboys fans, but I thought you cats were a little more stable and refined.

Good luck this season. Jalen Hurts will lead you to 10 wins. Odd that me being optimistic and positive about your team is considered trolling by some here. 

8d295f59db0ceeaf87d9617b1126c657 (1).gif

48 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

57147797.jpg

Commies look like they could be trouble. That defense is nice and their offense has talent despite what people think about Wentz

What do you like about Hurts?

Why do you think Strong sucks?

7 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Commies look like they could be trouble. That defense is nice and their offense has talent despite what people think about Wentz

What do you like about Hurts?

Why do you think Strong sucks?

I am not saying Hurts is Pat Mahomes, but you are competing in the NFC Least. Sorry, I don't have a high opinion of Wash, Giants, nor Dallas. 

I think Hurts can get you to the playoffs. He can't do it alone, but the roster has some talent now.

My main concern with Carson Strong is the long term knee issue. He is already 5 years in on knee issues. That isn't going to go away. You can't pin your future on a guy with a chronic bum knee. He has already had two knee surgeries, they are talking about him most likely needing more procedures as time goes on.

30 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I am not saying Hurts is Pat Mahomes, but you are competing in the NFC Least. Sorry, I don't have a high opinion of Wash, Giants, nor Dallas. 

I think Hurts can get you to the playoffs. He can't do it alone, but the roster has some talent now.

My main concern with Carson Strong is the long term knee issue. He is already 5 years in on knee issues. That isn't going to go away. You can't pin your future on a guy with a chronic bum knee. He has already had two knee surgeries, they are talking about him most likely needing more procedures as time goes on.

Hurts had talent around him in 2021

I'd kind of agree about the knee. I don't care for a mobile QB though. Give me a pocket passer who can deliver the ball to the playmakers.

So if he can get up from being tackled and stay in the pocket to make the throw then I'm fine. I don't care if he can't run

34 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Hurts had talent around him in 2021

And you snuck in the playoffs. You are not going to be Super Bowl contenders anytime soon, but you are on the right path.

Talk of trading Hurts is ridiculous.

200 (3).gif

2 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

And you snuck in the playoffs. You are not going to be Super Bowl contenders anytime soon, but you are on the right path.

200 (3).gif

It's ridiculous because nobody in their right mind would trade for Hurts because he sucks.

6 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

200 (3).gif

I thought Hurts took us to the playoffs? Did we sneak in or was it all Hurts in his 2nd rookie season?

16 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

200 (3).gif

Coming from a franchise with back to back hall of famers.... Green bay doesn't take QB so lightly so why should Philly want to start a guy who didn't break top twenty in almost any QB stat

1 minute ago, Mike030270 said:

I thought Hurts took us to the playoffs? Did we sneak in or was it all Hurts in his 2nd rookie season?

I never said it was all Hurts. I'm saying that you wouldn't win 3 games if you throw gimp Carson Strong out there. 

You don't have a great QB, but to win the NFC Least you don't need one. Look at the Cowboys...they won it with a average QB. 

Now, their fans delusionally think Dak is elite, but we all know they delusionally think the whole franchise is elite.

9 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

I never said it was all Hurts. I'm saying that you wouldn't win 3 games if you throw gimp Carson Strong out there. 

You don't have a great QB, but to win the NFC Least you don't need one. Look at the Cowboys...they won it with a average QB. 

Now, their fans delusionally think Dak is elite, but we all know they delusionally think the whole franchise is elite.

I don't think Hurts is the future and I think it's a waste to give him this year

12 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Coming from a franchise with back to back hall of famers.... Green bay doesn't take QB so lightly so why should Philly want to start a guy who didn't break top twenty in almost any QB stat

What other choice do you have? Elite QBs don't fall from the sky. It will take time to find and develop your next long term starter.

For now you roll with the best you got.

11 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

What other choice do you have? Elite QBs don't fall from the sky. It will take time to find and develop your next long term starter.

For now you roll with the best you got.

I don't think he is the best we have

10 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

I don't think he is the best we have

So you think you can make the playoffs with Minshew? You think that average performance against the Jets last year makes him better than Hurts? Strong isn't healthy enough to play a full season.

Hurts is indeed the best you have.

Just now, PackerNation said:

So you think you can make the playoffs with Minshew? You think that average performance against the Jets last year makes him better than Hurts? Strong isn't healthy enough to play a full season.

Hurts is indeed the best you have.

I don't think Hurts can take us to the playoffs unless we squeak in again

Minshew and Strong are better passers than Hurts

Archived