Jalen Hurts - shoulder sprain injury; expected for playoffs

Moderator6

And if Minshew is so superior to Hurts then why do you have zero confidence he can take his job in camp?

Maybe you are just spewing complete BS that not even you believe. 

Again, I'll go with the Eagles coaches opinions and mine over a disgruntled fanboy on the internet.

• Replies 14.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

And if Minshew is so superior to Hurts then why do you have zero confidence he can take his job in camp?

Maybe you are just spewing complete BS that not even you believe. 

Again, I'll go with the Eagles coaches opinions and mine over a disgruntled fanboy on the internet.

Because Hurts was handed the job last year. Minshew wasn't even brought in until late August 

And I fully expect hurts to be the worst passing QB in camp 

6 hours ago, PackerNation said:

How many games has Minshew started in Philly moron?

There is a reason Hurts is the starter and is going to be the starter. 

A little fanboy posting stats doesn't make Minshew a good QB. 

I will go with the Eagles coaches opinions on the QBs over some random butthurt Eagles fan.

Because they drafted him in the 2nd round and Howie is stubborn 

3 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Not "beating" any "drum." I was commenting that trading Hurts right now would be a idiotic move. He may not ever be great, but he is the best you have right now. 

Minshew is not the answer this season. And Strong has a bum knee, so throwing him out there to see if he can develop is not a wise move either. 

Jalen Hurts is now, and will be your starter, because he is the best option that you have. The coaching staff thinks so, and so do I. No offense, but you wanting him traded, isn't going to make it happen. Might as well get on board with Jalen for this season, cuz he isn't going anywhere.

We don't need a QB to be mobile. Strong has the arm to throw to the talented weapons we have

11 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

Because Hurts was handed the job last year. Minshew wasn't even brought in until late August 

And I fully expect hurts to be the worst passing QB in camp 

Ok, well Minshew has been there all offseason and will be for camp. Let's see who the coaches choose to start at QB after camp. 

Trust me, if Minshew was so much better than Jalen like you say, they would start him. It's not rigged in Jalen's favor. Jalen is the clear QB1 at the present. He gives the Eagles the best chance to win games. Coaches aren't going to risk their jobs playing QBs they think can't win.

Again, might as well get on board with Jalen, because he is not going anywhere.

Why sit and complain all year again? Support Jalen. Fan support helps the team out ya know.

21 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

Because they drafted him in the 2nd round and Howie is stubborn 

We don't need a QB to be mobile. Strong has the arm to throw to the talented weapons we have

Strong is a gimp. He will be lucky and happy to sit on the PS all year.

You are seriously thinking that Strong has a chance to start? 

gordon-ramsay-hells-kitchen.gif

21 hours ago, PackerNation said:

Good luck with "The Jock Strap King" and the gimp.

Hopefully Jalen does get traded and escapes that clown show.

Have a good night.

aaron-rodgers-1.gif

Good luck with Aaron who has as many rings as Nick Foles.

23 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Ok, well Minshew has been there all offseason and will be for camp. Let's see who the coaches choose to start at QB after camp. 

Trust me, if Minshew was so much better than Jalen like you say, they would start him. It's not rigged in Jalen's favor. Jalen is the clear QB1 at the present. He gives the Eagles the best chance to win games. Coaches aren't going to risk their jobs playing QBs they think can't win.

Again, might as well get on board with Jalen, because he is not going anywhere.

Why sit and complain all year again? Support Jalen. Fan support helps the team out ya know.

All year again? You just got here. Oh yeah ..you are RTKs clone

11 minutes ago, PackerNation said:

Strong is a gimp. He will be lucky and happy to sit on the PS all year.

You are seriously thinking that Strong has a chance to start? 

gordon-ramsay-hells-kitchen.gif

Pocket passers have a great history of winning rings

This has been fun. Curious whose clone you are

11 minutes ago, Shalodeep said:

All year again? You just got here. Oh yeah ..you are RTKs clone

You aren't the only Eagles fans I come in contact with. I just don't get why you cats just don't support the starter. You have a good chance of getting in the playoffs. Dallas is crap. I have no skin in the game when I say that. They are overrated like always. To me, it's your guys division to lose.

I don't say that if Jalen isn't under center.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the soccer match at Lambeau Field.

279037187-3084840591765119-8469245067187229417-n.jpg

3 hours ago, CouchKing said:

What if Gardner was playing in junk time, like, all the time?

Gotta discount those TDs.

At least he throws less interceptions…

And, he does fewer 360 degree spin moves while in the pocket.

Minshew isn't a bad QB. That's why he's likely too valuable for the Eagles to trade in a title run year in case Hurts gets injured at some point. But he just doesn't offer as wide of a talent set as Hurts. Plus Hurts took this team to the playoffs his first year as a starter after this team went 4-11-1 the season prior. Minshew has never gotten a team to the playoffs.  

Stache is a good backup.  Gets the ball out fast and usually to the right guy.  Have no problem if he has to go in.  Siri can also run more plays that fit his skillset.

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

You aren't the only Eagles fans I come in contact with. I just don't get why you cats just don't support the starter. You have a good chance of getting in the playoffs. Dallas is crap. I have no skin in the game when I say that. They are overrated like always. To me, it's your guys division to lose.

I don't say that if Jalen isn't under center.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the soccer match at Lambeau Field.

279037187-3084840591765119-8469245067187229417-n.jpg

If a team that can't win another title because their current starter is a choker likes their backup more than Hurts, then that's why I don't support our starter.

3 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Minshew isn't a bad QB. That's why he's likely too valuable for the Eagles to trade in a title run year in case Hurts gets injured at some point. But he just doesn't offer as wide of a talent set as Hurts. Plus Hurts took this team to the playoffs his first year as a starter after this team went 4-11-1 the season prior. Minshew has never gotten a team to the playoffs.  

Hurts talent set is about as narrow as it gets…running.

5 hours ago, RememberTheKoy said:

Dude, I think you really like Minshew…

10 hours ago, eagle45 said:

If a team that can't win another title because their current starter is a choker likes their backup more than Hurts, then that's why I don't support our starter.

I am not sure if this cat is more jealous that the Packers have Aaron Rodgers or J-Love?

Obvious that he is quite butthurt over a few things concerning the Packers. 

Just because I say that Jalen Hurts is the best QB on the Eagles roster, thus of course he should be QB1 for the Eagles, does not mean I think he is a great QB. J-Love has a much higher ceiling. Hurts being the best QB on the Eagles roster isn't saying much.

I won't get into the Aaron Rodgers stuff, because the obsession with him by most of the country is creepy at this point. If you don't believe that he lives rent free in the heads of over half the country:

FWWG0QHXEAIfxDD.jpeg

17 hours ago, PackerNation said:

I am not sure if this cat is more jealous that the Packers have Aaron Rodgers or J-Love?

Obvious that he is quite butthurt over a few things concerning the Packers. 

Just because I say that Jalen Hurts is the best QB on the Eagles roster, thus of course he should be QB1 for the Eagles, does not mean I think he is a great QB. J-Love has a much higher ceiling. Hurts being the best QB on the Eagles roster isn't saying much.

I won't get into the Aaron Rodgers stuff, because the obsession with him by most of the country is creepy at this point. If you don't believe that he lives rent free in the heads of over half the country:

FWWG0QHXEAIfxDD.jpeg

packers nation is a butt sniff

10 minutes ago, Bacarty2 said:

So your on the same side as the dumbest fan base on the worst sports franchise in probably all 4 sports.

not a good look bud

What? I'm on no side when it comes to the Eagles. I'm telling you that you are a clueless moron IF you think Minshew gives you better chance to win than Hurts.

Now, I am not saying Hurts is great, or even good. But he is the best QB on the roster, and until that changes, he is who the coaches are going to roll with. 

So, either get on board, or sit and cry all season about how butthurt you are that the backup isn't playing. 

Good luck with that.

It's clear as day Hurts is starting week 1. Will he start week 1 next year? That'll depend on how this season goes. Besides an injury, any time Minshew gets over Hurts is not a good look for him to cement his spot again as a starter next year.

8 hours ago, GroundAttack said:

It's clear as day Hurts is starting week 1. Will he start week 1 next year? That'll depend on how this season goes. Besides an injury, any time Minshew gets over Hurts is not a good look for him to cement his spot again as a starter next year.

And barring a injury to Jalen, Minshew won't get on the grass during the season. 

Not like I love Jalen, but I think these Hurts haters are also Doug Pederson worshippers who still think Doug didn't like Jalen.

2 hours ago, PackerNation said:

And barring a injury to Jalen, Minshew won't get on the grass during the season. 

Not like I love Jalen, but I think these Hurts haters are also Doug Pederson worshippers who still think Doug didn't like Jalen.

Basically what I just said. But yea. 

21 minutes ago, GroundAttack said:

Basically what I just said. But yea. 

You implied it's possible Minshew could see time as the starter even if Jalen doesn't get hurt.

"Besides a injury, any time Minshew gets over Hurts is not a good look for him to cement his spot again as a starter next year."

I felt it needed to be made clear that there is zero chance Minshew sees the field if Jalen is healthy all year.

Relax. The season is here. Hurts will now have to show us what he has (or doesn’t have). No more need for the filler back-and-forth with no possible resolution.

The beauty of this league is that it is hard to hide. We will all learn a whole lot more of this young man over the next few months. 

Good luck to him.

4 hours ago, Thrive said:

Relax. The season is here. Hurts will now have to show us what he has (or doesn’t have). No more need for the filler back-and-forth with no possible resolution.

The beauty of this league is that it is hard to hide. We will all learn a whole lot more of this young man over the next few months. 

Good luck to him.

Exactly.  I've said this many times before but the Eagles didn't have much of a choice. They were in QB cap hell last year because of Wentz so they couldn't do anything.  He fell off the books this year, but with no realistic free agent or trade scenarios and a terrible QB draft class, sticking with Hurts on his rookie contract was the only reasonable option. 

If he succeeds, great. Problem solved.  If not, the Eagles have enough draft capital to do whatever they want in next year's draft, which should be loaded with quarterback talent.  

8 hours ago, PackerNation said:

You implied it's possible Minshew could see time as the starter even if Jalen doesn't get hurt.

"Besides a injury, any time Minshew gets over Hurts is not a good look for him to cement his spot again as a starter next year."

I felt it needed to be made clear that there is zero chance Minshew sees the field if Jalen is healthy all year.

the last sentence I agree with. 

6 hours ago, Thrive said:

Good luck to him.

The Eagles hid Hurts the second half of the season behind the running game against inferior teams.  Once the playoffs came, the Tampa Bay defense knew exactly where to find him.

Archived